PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Story ever told!

zentzoltrix
04-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey Assassins,

As they do every year, G4 TV has created a bracket of great video games. This year, we are voting on Great Video Game Stories. As always Assassin's Creed is one of the games selected to be part of the competition. I was hoping that you could help out your beloved franchise by voting for it during this Video Game Deathmatch.

http://www.g4tv.com/vgdm/best-video-game-story-2012/

Assassin's Creed 2 is currently up against Knights of the Old Republic.

Thank you.

Ps: Sorry to waste your time if this was mentioned before.

BBALive
04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Planescape: Torment should win the entire thing. Doubt it will though.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
VOTED! Could of actually had Ezio as the character instead of Altair, it is AC2...

eagleforlife1
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I've never played Bioshock so I might be talking out of my Grand Canyon, but how is Red Dead Redemption. Red Dead has the best story of any game I have ever played, bar none.

JCearlyyears
04-10-2012, 09:46 PM
The voting is very off balance. If everyone had played every game without bias and could accurately say that one story is better than the other, then ok, but that isn't how it is, so I'm not voting. And I personally didn't think that RDR had a great story. It was alright, and the ending missions were okay, but the story was just average. The story telling however was decent, and I love that game, but I think that the story was just meh.

SixKeys
04-10-2012, 09:50 PM
These are really odd choices to pit against each other. What are Arkham Asylum and Ocarina of Time supposed to have in common? Why KotOR against Assassin's Creed? One is an RPG, the other an action/adventure game.

JCearlyyears
04-10-2012, 09:52 PM
These are really odd choices to pit against each other. What are Arkham Asylum and Ocarina of Time supposed to have in common? Why KotOR against Assassin's Creed? One is an RPG, the other an action/adventure game.
I was going to say that, but I didn't think anyone would agree and didn't want to start a debate over how someone can compare stories. I would imagine that they would say things about how you can judge the overall story without the game, but I don't think so. You can compare the very basic concepts, but story telling methods change between game genres.

notafanboy
04-10-2012, 09:59 PM
The voting is very off balance. If everyone had played every game without bias and could accurately say that one story is better than the other, then ok, but that isn't how it is, so I'm not voting. And I personally didn't think that RDR had a great story. It was alright, and the ending missions were okay, but the story was just average. The story telling however was decent, and I love that game, but I think that the story was just meh.

this, this isnīt about what game has the best story, itīs all about who has the thickest fanboys(im looking at you nintendo)

BBALive
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Zelda games aren't RPGs.

LightRey
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Zelda games aren't RPGs.
KotOR is.

BBALive
04-11-2012, 12:18 AM
KotOR is.

I know.

LightRey
04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
I know.
Well that's the game he was calling an RPG.