PDA

View Full Version : Armor in Assassin's Creed 3.

Perk89
04-10-2012, 05:50 PM
So, with AC3 being set during the American Revolution, we can expect some kind of alteration to the armor system, for obvious reasons.

Will there be armor? How will it be different? It obviously won't have a Renaissance feel. Could it be replaced by something else? What would replace it and how would it be customizable? And most important of all, if there is a form of armor..WILL WE FINALLY HAVE THE ABILITY TO REMOVE IT?

A lot of things to think about.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 06:46 PM
I think there is no real metal armour as such. I think its like AC1 with the sync bar being your health bar? I think... I can't remember off the top of my head.

n00bfi_97
04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope they do away with armour; it doesn't have the Assassin feel to it.

ProletariatPleb
04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Military/Combat jackets maybe?

BBALive
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Connor's attire is upgradeable. It probably won't be plate armour, as its use did decline in the 18th century due to the development of firearms. We'll just wait and see what kind of upgrades we can purchase.

MetalCreed
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking good ol' clothes will make an grand debut with little benefits..
Kind of like Red Dead Redemption. Hunting bonuses, maybe camo bonus, or something like that.
Military attire would give combat bonuses as well as benefits such as being incognito full in British encampment areas.

THE-FACE-94
04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Nar i don't think they will bother with metal armor why? because if conner is true native then they didn't use metal armor it will most likely be animal skin or leather and such beasicly things that are native. I still think you will be able to change the colour of you clothing i loved that from AC2.

Legendz54
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
The overall fighting in AC1 was more tough and challenging. Enemies would grab you and try and throw you plus there were no chain kills. The sounds Altair made like grunting etc, when he attacked his enemies was more realistic.

AnthonyA85
04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
i think they'll do away with armour, since it's use pretty much became pointless round about this time, besides, give gone back to the AC1 health system. Besides, if they did bring armour back, they'd have to bring back the obligatory unbreakable armour, which has been done to death, and i for one, won't miss it.

bdujah
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
wouldnt it be something like, improving the clothing
make them more durable to take more punishment

as mentioned previously (aka bullet proof atire)

BBALive
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Some kind of primitive kevlar/bullet-proof protection could be plausible.

Limed_-
04-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Leather armour would make sense, since AC3 will include hunting, but any other type of armour will make no sense.

CrazySN
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Leather armour would make sense, since AC3 will include hunting, but any other type of armour will make no sense.

Well, the piece of Eden does have the ability to look into the future. If Altair can use the piece of eden to make an early version of a gun, then it could be possible that if Connor found a piece of Eden, he could use it to make bullet-proof armor.

KratosKicksButt
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Well armor has always been in Assassin's Creed but Since Connor is British and Native perhaps you could choose? Will you follow your British Ancestor and wear various types of Plate and such or Follow your Native Ancestry and wear hides and leather. Atleast have some sort of Customization maybe dye like in Revelations?

bever1178
09-05-2012, 02:01 AM
My brother works for ubisoft and is helping make ac3 and he told me that connar can wear fur type armor with a little bit of metal on it. There is still a special non-breakable armor set in ac3 like all the other games, in a cave and that is where the platform part of the game is gonna take part.

Calvarok
09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
I think all you have is visual upgrades now. No armor system at all. Probably your sync bar will increase as the story continues.

Assassin_M
09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
My brother works for ubisoft and is helping make ac3 and he told me that connar can wear fur type armor with a little bit of metal on it. There is still a special non-breakable armor set in ac3 like all the other games, in a cave and that is where the platform part of the game is gonna take part.
Congratulations.. You just got your brother fired..

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Congratulations.. You just got your brother fired..

There was some guy on IGN before the release of RDR who claimed he had some relative who worked for Rockstar. He insisted that the game's ending involved John Marston committing suicide after he failed to save his family. Lol.

Assassin_M
09-05-2012, 03:29 AM
There was some guy on IGN before the release of RDR who claimed he had some relative who worked for Rockstar. He insisted that the game's ending involved John Marston committing suicide after he failed to save his family. Lol.
In this one.. Connor becomes a Mermaid... I saw it..

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 03:35 AM
In this one.. Connor becomes a Mermaid... I saw it..

But only after he finds the most powerful artifact of the first civilization... the Kiwi of Eden. True story.

Assassin_M
09-05-2012, 03:36 AM
But only after he finds the most powerful artifact of the first civilization... the Kiwi of Eden. True story.
And that is the Armor.. (An attempt to remain on-topic:p)

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 03:38 AM
And that is the Armor.. (An attempt to remain on-topic:p)

Well we've already got like three topics for armor discussion, so this will be locked soon anyways :p

MT4K
09-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Well we've already got like three topics for armor discussion, so this will be locked soon anyways http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

I suppose it's best to have the discussion move to the bigger thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/685692-Assassins-Creed-3-Outfit-and-Armour-discussion-Forums)

:).