PDA

View Full Version : Wii U & New Image.

catkiller97
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Wii U: Next Generation Console Might be Underpowered (http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-next-generation-console-might-be-underpowered-39211/)

Wii U: Ubisoft Has Big Dreams for the New Console. (http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-ubisoft-has-big-dreams-for-the-new-console-39250/)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/398202_382419488465358_207012852672690_1132474_317 032855_n.jpg
(http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-next-generation-console-might-be-underpowered-39211/)

frogger504
04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Wii U: Next Generation Console Might be Underpowered (http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-next-generation-console-might-be-underpowered-39211/)

Wii U: Ubisoft Has Big Dreams for the New Console. (http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-ubisoft-has-big-dreams-for-the-new-console-39250/)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/398202_382419488465358_207012852672690_1132474_317 032855_n.jpg
(http://www.gamebandits.com/news/wii-u/wii-u-next-generation-console-might-be-underpowered-39211/)

Nice, I can't wait to see AC3 in the Wii U, the details of how they are going with it totally takes advantage of it. AC3 and Wii U are on my list this year. Buying it at launch.

SleezeRocker
04-10-2012, 05:25 PM
That's pretty cool! I odubt I'll be getting a Wii 2 anytime soon. Now unless they announce a whole new Zelda game for Wii 2 than that'll give me incentive to go for one lol :P

GLHS
04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Seems to me Ubisoft is the only ones with confidence in it. Lol what a sh!t company Nintendo has turned into. God, they really just need to stop making anything. Ever.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 06:45 PM
I will only buy AC3 on the Wii U (or buy a Wii U for that matter) if the graphics are better and they implement useful controls for the tablet thing.

BBALive
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I will only buy AC3 on the Wii U (or buy a Wii U for that matter) if the graphics are better and they implement useful controls for the tablet thing.

If you're going to purchase the version with superior graphics then the PC version is the way to go.

LightRey
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
If you're going to purchase the version with superior graphics then the PC version is the way to go.
Ah, but top notch PC's are expensive and quickly get outdated.

reini03
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Technically speaking, consoles are outdated at launch :p

Jexx21
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Not true..

Due to the fact that most games are developed with consoles in mind, if you get a top notch PC now, you shouldn't have to upgrade it much at all until the end of the next gen console's lifespan.

And I've heard that the Wii U's hardware is actually stronger than the rumored PS4 or 720.

SleezeRocker
04-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Technically speaking, consoles are outdated at launch :p
Technically speaking: I WANTZ AC3 NOW!!! lol

I'll probably get a Wii U when the next Zelda game hits. and I don't mean a SkySword port ;)

BBALive
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Not quite correct. For one, you don't need a 'top-notch' PC to play games. Gaming PCs are rather cheap as PCs go. Secondly, Even the most graphically intensive games can run on older generation graphics cards like the GTX 560ti or a HD 6870 (The latter can run Revelations on ultra). I suppose what I'm saying is that gaming PCs can be very affordable if you know what parts to look for.

Yes, it is impossible to 'future-proof' a PC, but if you built an up-to-date, high-end PC today, it will run games at max settings for many years to come.

But yeah, not everyone can afford the luxury of a gaming PC, even if they know exactly which parts deliver the best 'bang for your buck.'

BBALive
04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Seems to me Ubisoft is the only ones with confidence in it. Lol what a sh!t company Nintendo has turned into. God, they really just need to stop making anything. Ever.

Apparently you haven't done a lot of research. Epic Games, Crytek and Gearbox are all fans of the WiiU and have been praising its hardware.

Jexx21
04-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Apparently you haven't done a lot of research. Epic Games, Crytek and Gearbox are all fans of the WiiU and have been praising its hardware.

Again, according to the rumored Wii U hardware and the rumored hardware of the other next-gen consoles, the Wii U actually comes out on top. Lol.

BBALive
04-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Again, according to the rumored Wii U hardware and the rumored hardware of the other next-gen consoles, the Wii U actually comes out on top. Lol.

Yes, but there also been rumours that it is weaker than the other 8th gen consoles. Not that it matters to me, I'll stick to PC.

pacmanate
04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Lets just stop this right now, cause I'm ending it with.... I'm a console gamer!

Jexx21
04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm not a console gamer. But I wouldn't call myself a PC gamer either.

I'm just a gamer. I enjoy all platforms.

SleezeRocker
04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm just a gamer. I enjoy all platforms.

this times OVER 9000!

LightRey
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Not true..

Due to the fact that most games are developed with consoles in mind, if you get a top notch PC now, you shouldn't have to upgrade it much at all until the end of the next gen console's lifespan.

And I've heard that the Wii U's hardware is actually stronger than the rumored PS4 or 720.
The problem is that most of the extras PC's get require a lot of power. Additionally, unless you specifically buy or build a PC as a gaming platform, your PC is not built solely for games and therefore a lot of its power is wasted on other things than the game. To actually keep enjoying the perks of the PC, you generally have to keep adding RAM, replacing video cards, replacing the processor, etc. It's just a hassle, and generally much more expensive than just buying a ~$300 console once that lasts for over half a decade.

That's quite a story you've heard seeing as any significant details on both consoles are even less known than those about the Wii U. I therefore call BS.
Anyways, if it's true that the console really has fewer shaders than the PS3 and the Xbox 360, then I will never even consider buying it.

rileypoole1234
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM

I have to highly doubt that. In terms of graphics, I just read something that says the Wii U will be less powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3. Here check it out.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/home-theater/why-wii-why-developers-say-wii-u-is-less-powerful-than-xbox-360-ps3/5783

frogger504
04-11-2012, 01:02 AM
The problem is that most of the extras PC's get require a lot of power. Additionally, unless you specifically buy or build a PC as a gaming platform, your PC is not built solely for games and therefore a lot of its power is wasted on other things than the game. To actually keep enjoying the perks of the PC, you generally have to keep adding RAM, replacing video cards, replacing the processor, etc. It's just a hassle, and generally much more expensive than just buying a ~$300 console once that lasts for over half a decade.

That's quite a story you've heard seeing as any significant details on both consoles are even less known than those about the Wii U. I therefore call BS.
Anyways, if it's true that the console really has fewer shaders than the PS3 and the Xbox 360, then I will never even consider buying it.

My PC is built on 20 Dollars for 2GB RAM and a 50 Dollar GPU, play everything on High-Ultra High without a problem and have noticed that Consoles are equal to Low quality on PC.

So no. (Has played ACB for every single console)

I have to highly doubt that. In terms of graphics, I just read something that says the Wii U will be less powerful than Xbox 360 and PS3. Here check it out.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/home-theater/why-wii-why-developers-say-wii-u-is-less-powerful-than-xbox-360-ps3/5783

That's a rumor started by a completely random and anonymous person. It could have been LightRey being against Nintendo and trying to bring down hype for it.

LightRey
04-11-2012, 01:21 AM
My PC is built on 20 Dollars for 2GB RAM and a 50 Dollar GPU, play everything on High-Ultra High without a problem and have noticed that Consoles are equal to Low quality on PC.

So no. (Has played ACB for every single console)

That's a rumor started by a completely random and anonymous person. It could have been LightRey being against Nintendo and trying to bring down hype for it.
I presume you built your own PC then. I didn't have to build my own Xbox. It was several people actually, but I presume you didn't read the article (btw, there are more articles, that one was just the first I managed to find with a quick google search) well enough.

Ssly? It was me? Don't be ridiculous.

frogger504
04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
I presume you built your own PC then. I didn't have to build my own Xbox. It was several people actually, but I presume you didn't read the article (btw, there are more articles, that one was just the first I managed to find with a quick google search) well enough.

Ssly? It was me? Don't be ridiculous.

I didn't say it was you, I said it Could have been you.

Don't see how you figure a Gaming PC will get outdated before a Console. Considering they are about Low on the PC scale, and have like what 512MB of RAM? With 300 you can get a good Gaming PC. Not only that but it will last a lot longer. 4 times the RAM at the cheapest, standard it 4 so 8 times the RAM. Then there's the fact that it's so much more powerful. Even using my PCs standards where I average High having spent 70 dollars (and 50 for the PC). Consoles, from what you said last 5 years? Then the console generation is another level higher? From what I heard of the Next X it won't have anything too impressive, a GPU less impressive than my own if the rumor is true.

I don't see where you get that they will last less. As a matter of fact do you even know anything of PC?

kudos17
04-11-2012, 02:40 AM

Actually, with a good investment, you could last on one computer for a while. Especially so these days, when most "PC" games top out only a little ahead of console games.

Now, if you want the most out of your gaming PC all the time, then yes, you definitely need to keep up with new tech. But if you're up to that, time/money probably isn't too much of an issue.

My PC has been going strong for years. The occasional video card and such things are necessary, and do indeed stack up the cash for maintenance. But in return, I get a flexible, reliable, and fairly top-notch gaming experience. I don't buy every new piece of hardware that comes out, but I, for the most part, still have no issue keeping my new games running on high settings.

Besides, cost is a rather unfounded argument against a gaming PC. If a gamer added up all the cash spent on new games alone, not hardware... well, anyone with a good record of purchases would probably whimper at the collective amount. I know I would.

As far as hassle goes, it totally depends on what you want / how much you know about PC's. I tend to game on my consoles nowadays; it's just easier. I game on the PC, but it's usually just the odd MMO, strategy game, PC-exclusive, and the like. Some people don't game on their PC's at all because they just don't want to deal with learning the ins and outs of fixes, patches, game-code, etc. Now, you don't need to be computer-savvy to run a game on the PC by any means, but that knowledge helps to get the most out of a game, which is often what PC-gamers want.

Anyway, long way to say, with a good set-up guide, you could build a reasonable PC that will last a while without replacement no problem. Just don't expect to get the most out of it that whole time unless you're willing to replace some parts. Sometimes you'll just have to run it on what the consoles would run it on.

LightRey
04-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I didn't say it was you, I said it Could have been you.

Don't see how you figure a Gaming PC will get outdated before a Console. Considering they are about Low on the PC scale, and have like what 512MB of RAM? With 300 you can get a good Gaming PC. Not only that but it will last a lot longer. 4 times the RAM at the cheapest, standard it 4 so 8 times the RAM. Then there's the fact that it's so much more powerful. Even using my PCs standards where I average High having spent 70 dollars (and 50 for the PC). Consoles, from what you said last 5 years? Then the console generation is another level higher? From what I heard of the Next X it won't have anything too impressive, a GPU less impressive than my own if the rumor is true.

I don't see where you get that they will last less. As a matter of fact do you even know anything of PC?
I don't. PC's get outdated quickly period. Consoles only get outdated compared to PC's, but (since the last generation) to compensate for that they're often build to be (potentially) capable of much much more than what they're required to when released. Additionally, consoles are built mainly for playing video games. Basically all their potential is focused on that. There are no interfering programs for alternative purposes running in the background and they're built to be under a lot of strain for long periods of time. Face it, unless you have a lot of money or know enough about computers to build your own (or have a good friend/family member that does), you will not be able to keep your PC up to date, which basically means that you'll miss out on most of the potential perks the PC gives. That way you basically end up with something that's at best a little better than a console.

Jexx21
04-11-2012, 03:18 AM
I have 2 GB of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo, and a GeForce 9800 GT.

I can run most games on maximum settings.

You don't need to have much better hardware than a console to get the most out of a gaming PC.

Also, the fact that the Wii U has companies that pride themselves on top of the line graphics backing it up makes me think that it'll have good hardware.

Velvit
04-11-2012, 03:28 AM
What are the specs of this so called "good gaming computer" that cost $300; you would get low end to decent at most if you found good deals. A good CPU: I5 2500K cost around $219 dollars, then you would have to get a MOBO that can support it (Asus P8P67 for example, around $125). That $300 dollar budget has already been surpassed with two parts.

It just that Consoles are so terribly behind in hardware that a low-end gaming computer will still be better.

Jexx21
04-11-2012, 03:33 AM
A good computer is a computer that can handle most games at maximum settings. Since the bar is set so low, a good computer is relatively cheap these days.

ZombieAttkPlan
04-11-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't. PC's get outdated quickly period. Consoles only get outdated compared to PC's, but (since the last generation) to compensate for that they're often build to be (potentially) capable of much much more than what they're required to when released. Additionally, consoles are built mainly for playing video games. Basically all their potential is focused on that. There are no interfering programs for alternative purposes running in the background and they're built to be under a lot of strain for long periods of time. Face it, unless you have a lot of money or know enough about computers to build your own (or have a good friend/family member that does), you will not be able to keep your PC up to date, which basically means that you'll miss out on most of the potential perks the PC gives. That way you basically end up with something that's at best a little better than a console.

It this guy really arguing that consoles have greater shelf lives than PCs?

This just isn't true. It's very easy to upgrade a PC and a standard person can do it with nothing more than a quick YouTube video or Google search. It's been called "Adult Legos" before. Honestly, it's called that for a reason. It's very easy. I get the feeling you're kind of like the "know it all" of these forums and that's cool; you may very well know more about Assassin's Creed than many people here, but trust me, as someone who has built plenty of PCs and regularly upgrades his computers with minimum hit to his cashflow and without very much effort: you're wrong.

By the way, even by your own logic you're wrong. Current gen consoles are running off of a eight year old hardware; so even if someone has a pretty old PC with pretty old parts it still is vastly superior to the home consoles. Not a little better. Want a comparison? I won't even be obvious and say Skyrim or something of that nature! A little something closer to home. Assassin's Creed Revelations looks and runs far better on a PC than it does on the Xbox/PS3. And this is coming from someone who doesn't play AC on PC.

Black_Widow9
04-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Yay for console wars!!!! Not.
Please read the Forum Rules again if you need to. You will also find a bit in there about not harassing other members that is important as well if you want to remain on the Forums.