PDA

View Full Version : what is your favourite ac game?

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
and say why :)

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
AC1 for the best atmosphere.

TagDoll
04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Assassins creed 2 was easily the best so far. Just the depth of it was amazing. How we were ezio before he became an Assassin is probably my favourite part in the whole series. It has lengthly play time and a varied design when it came to each city. It was such an extreme leap from AC1 which also helped a lot.

Sukramo
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Brotherhood for me. It felt more relevant, there was a clear goal and an evil enemy to defeat. I could feel good about removing the corrupt guards of Rome. In AC2 I always felt bad for those poor guards who were just doing their jobs.

MetalCreed
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Assassin's Creed II by far.
Scale of the game, and the big leap from 1 to AC2 was huge. The story and characters in the game is also the best in the series.
Brotherhood and Revelations were enhanced versions of ACII IMO.

Dosenwabe
04-09-2012, 09:13 PM
AC2 really is the best in the series, but my favorite is Brotherhood.
Because itīs ROME. And it has more style.

stingray10
04-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Revelations only because i love Turkey and find Italy quite boring in comparison but maybe it's because i like more exotic locations. Still better than America though.

GeneralTrumbo
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Assassins Creed 2 by the far because there was actual plot twists in the story and the story was extra long and meaningful.

LightRey
04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
What if you don't have a favorite hero/villain/game?

OriginalMiles
04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
AC2, it's what I started with and what got me interested in the series.

ajl992008
04-09-2012, 09:21 PM
i chose revelations because of the setting and atmosphere , ac1 had great atmosphere as one guy said earlier but to me acr had the best with constantinople, the features where good but the story of revelations for me was the best in the series, it was a fine way to say gd bye to 2 of the most important characters in the series, brotherhood to me had no hitting significance in tersm of the meta story for the ANCESTOR (it had loads of things for desmond) but in terms of the ancestors story it was the most relevant and important seeing the end of 2 characters and seeing their conclusions. ac2 had a good story but acr made what we learnt in that game special by giving ezio and altair a conclusion.

Dieinthedark
04-09-2012, 09:21 PM
AC1 best atmosphere/tone/mood

tarrero
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
ACII

Ok, AC1 had the best atmosphere, but ACII really set up the bar for this franchise, how they built Ezioīs story was just awesome, you really wanted to take on those b@stards!!! Pretty cool misions, gorgeus cities that, unlike brotherhood for instance, did not feel dull and ruhed.

And about the side quests: The reconstruction of Monteriggionni felt right, the armors were not as bulky as on the next games, the gylphs were brilliant and the tombs, mostly Saint Mark, were cool. Besides that, Jesper Kyd delivered an unforgettable soundtrack, which to me, is the best one yet!!!

I hope that ACIII can match up the second...

Dieinthedark
04-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I agree, to me there's just something special about AC1. The mood that it conveyed, through the bland colors, the dialogue, the story, the setting, it worked wonders. Certainly ACII was a huge leap forward in terms of gameplay, and on that aspect there is no comparison, ACII wins hands down.

GeneralTrumbo
04-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I agree, to me there's just something special about AC1. The mood that it conveyed, through the bland colors, the dialogue, the story, the setting, it worked wonders. Certainly ACII was a huge leap forward in terms of gameplay, and on that aspect there is no comparison, ACII wins hands down.
Gameplay and STORY.

DiamondBlade_R
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
I agree, to me there's just something special about AC1. The mood that it conveyed, through the bland colors, the dialogue, the story, the setting, it worked wonders. Certainly ACII was a huge leap forward in terms of gameplay, and on that aspect there is no comparison, ACII wins hands down. This^. Although. story and atmosphere are actually more important to me in a game than gameplay, so for me AC1 is hands down the best one as a complete package.

Sukramo
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Assassins Creed 2 by the far because there was actual plot twists in the story

Really?

I guess the biggest plot twist in the franshise (Lucy being killed) dosent count?

Or the Machivavelli treachery thing?

Or Cesare killing his father?

Or Cesare escaping and going to Spain?

All games have had a few plot twists.

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Really?

I guess the biggest plot twist in the franshise (Lucy being killed) dosent count?

Or the Machivavelli treachery thing?

Or Cesare killing his father?

Or Cesare escaping and going to Spain?

All games have had a few plot twists.

AC2's end plot twist might rival that of Lucy's death. AC2 was the first time we found out who TWCB are and that they are directly trying to communicate with Desmond.

Cesare going to Spain isn't exactly a plot twist if you've read about his life.

Animuses
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Another one of these?

Anyway... ACII: best game overall AC: best atmosphere

Sukramo
04-09-2012, 10:49 PM
AC2's end plot twist might rival that of Lucy's death. AC2 was the first time we found out who TWCB are and that they are directly trying to communicate with Desmond.

And he said AC2 was the only one with plot twists. Since every game has them, I was just making a point from my favorite game of the series.

And in my opinion, Lucy getting killed out of nowhere was HUGE. The AC2 ending didnt really move me as much, probably due to how let down I was with the Joke that was Rodrigo Borgia.

But thats opinions.

Cesare going to Spain isn't exactly a plot twist if you've read about his life.

And how many of the people who played the game might that be? 2%? 0.5%?

In the game it was a twist, you thought the game was over and suddednly he is back. Ofc they didnt have time to put in a sequence to explain how he got there............And that is probably Brotherhoods biggest flaw. But its not enogh to kill the immersion for me. Fighting Rodrigo with fists however, did.

JCearlyyears
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I liked AC2 because of everything about it.