PDA

View Full Version : Controls

Epsilonyx
04-09-2012, 01:10 AM
The new controls for ACIII seem quite controversial, and I'm pretty confused about them myself. We've been told that the free-run but.ton is now A, but I've seen shots with fast walk in its place. It appears gentle push is still in the game, on B again. However I have a screenshot in which B is 'swap weapon'. Both of these seem to imply that a high-profile ****on still exists, otherwise it would all be context-sensitive. There are a lot of other things I could add, but I might as well just post the thread

notafanboy
04-09-2012, 01:14 AM
The new controls for ACIII seem quite controversial, and I'm pretty confused about them myself. We've been told that the free-run but.ton is now A, but I've seen shots with fast walk in its place. It appears gentle push is still in the game, on B again. However I have a screenshot in which B is 'swap weapon'. Both of these seem to imply that a high-profile ****on still exists, otherwise it would all be context-sensitive. There are a lot of other things I could add, but I might as well just post the thread
PS3 controls
R1+analog stick= free-run
R1+X+analog stick= climbing
alleast that how i think itīs going to work

JCearlyyears
04-09-2012, 02:05 AM
I remember when first started here and I heard about the control change and ranted about it. Then I grew to accept it. It seems like it got simpler, from what has been said.

Epsilonyx
04-09-2012, 02:25 AM
PS3 controls
R1+analog stick= free-run
R1+X+analog stick= climbing
alleast that how i think itīs going to work
Well I've seen an in-game screenshot in which the A ****on has 'Sprint/Free-run' next to it

rileypoole1234
04-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I think just holding A or X on PS3 will be spring/free-run. I don't care though. That's like GTA 4 or Red dead, and the controls certainly work there.

Epsilonyx
04-09-2012, 03:04 AM
I think just holding A or X on PS3 will be spring/free-run. I don't care though. That's like GTA 4 or Red dead, and the controls certainly work there.
Yeah, I'm just curious as to how the game will know whether you want to fast walk or free-run.

SixKeys
04-09-2012, 03:41 AM
I'm trying to figure out how the keyboard controls will be changed according to the new scheme. On the PS3, which but.tons did you normally have to press in all the previous AC games to freerun? On the PC high-profile is right mouse but.ton + space bar (sprint). Which ones would be the PS3 counterparts of those and how will the new mapping change them?

DarthEzio55
04-09-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm trying to figure out how the keyboard controls will be changed according to the new scheme. On the PS3, which but.tons did you normally have to press in all the previous AC games to freerun? On the PC high-profile is right mouse but.ton + space bar (sprint). Which ones would be the PS3 counterparts of those and how will the new mapping change them?

R1 and x and holding the left analog stick up is free run, but i'm not exactly sure how the new control scheme will change them

Saqaliba
04-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Confirmed (PS3):

Counter = circle
Break Defence = X

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8098/aciii02.jpg

Note the synchronization HUD in alert. Seems like a three-level alert system like the first game.

SOURCE: Recently emerged cell phone camera photo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMiAsJVkAj8

xOMGITSJASONx
04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm sure ACIII will play as good as the other games (from a controls perspective) when its all said and done. I trust Ubi.

LordWolv
04-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Ditto above. Whatever Ubisoft does with the controls it will be absolutely fine and usable.