PDA

View Full Version : Is it going to be Connor vs the English

lfc908
04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
In the first trailer it showed Connor killing red coats. This didn't worry me because it was just a trailer. However I've heard that the pax demo is Connor going to kill a British general or something. I'm starting to worry that the game is going to be Connor vs the British and not Connor vs both the British and Americans.

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Have you been missing all the Developer Interviews over the past month?

If so, Connor Is not fighting for the Revolution, he's fighting for the Assassins, his native people, Justice and freedom.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
No, it's not. It's been confirmed several times that Connor will be killing people on both sides, fighting for the Assassin Order and his own people, not the Americans or the English.

ajl992008
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
In the first trailer it showed Connor killing red coats. This didn't worry me because it was just a trailer. However I've heard that the pax demo is Connor going to kill a British general or something. I'm starting to worry that the game is going to be Connor vs the British and not Connor vs both the British and Americans.

as said before, connor will be outside the conflict so yes he will be killing people from both sides. btw i like your sig.

lfc908
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok thanks guys I haven't seen much information because I'm trying to not get overly obsessed like I did before Skyrim's release. (I pretty much bought a PS3 for the first Assassin's creed game and COD4 haha) It just seemed to give that impression from the PAX news and trailer :) @ajil thanks! I don't like it much because I made it quick just for this forum :)

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
I think you may find this article quite useful, http://www.oxm.co.uk/40463/features/assassins-creed-3-why-connor-isnt-out-to-bash-the-british/

ajl992008
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Ok thanks guys I haven't seen much information because I'm trying to not get overly obsessed like I did before Skyrim's release. (I pretty much bought a PS3 for the first Assassin's creed game and COD4 haha) It just seemed to give that impression from the PAX news and trailer :) @ajil thanks! I don't like it much because I made it quick just for this forum :)

lol its better than mine, to be fair the one i have is my first one, ill make a new one when there are some more ac3 artwork out.

lfc908
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I think you may find this article quite useful, http://www.oxm.co.uk/40463/features/assassins-creed-3-why-connor-isnt-out-to-bash-the-british/

cheers mate, only the title loaded for a second and I saw it was exactly what I needed :)

Captain Tomatoz
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I think people are thinking this because in all the screenshots of connor killing people, its the british and also in the trailer. Some people don't follow interviews and stuff like we do :D

freddie_1897
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't really mind but I can see what he's getting at.
Despite all the interviews a screenshot of Connor killing a colonist would put a lot of minds at ease

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 10:27 PM
And the fact that his default clothing is blue and white

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
But when they say Connor will kill both British and Americans, that doesn't necessarily we'll be killing American soldiers or guards.

It could just mean there are a few high profile Templar's that need eliminating.

freddie_1897
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah, they're definetly appealing to the Americans at the moment.
Now, I might need an American to help me on this, but if you saw Connor killing a colonist, would you abandon the AC series?
Probably not, I think Ubi should stop appealing just to Americans soon, they've already got their attention

souNdwAve89
04-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, they're definetly appealing to the Americans at the moment.
Now, I might need an American to help me on this, but if you saw Connor killing a colonist, would you abandon the AC series?
Probably not, I think Ubi should stop appealing just to Americans soon, they've already got their attention

The only thing that is "appealing" is that it is set during the American Revolution. They already said that Connor fights for justice and not fully for the American side. Like the past comments have said, we'll be fighting both sides.

Black_Widow9
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
This is a really great article that helps to lay to rest different things regarding America and the era chosen. ;)
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342570/interviews/assassins-creed-3-interview-everyone-was-british-in-those-days-there-was-no-america-yet/

freddie_1897
04-08-2012, 10:41 PM
The only thing that is "appealing" is that it is set during the American Revolution. They already said that Connor fights for justice and not fully for the American side. Like the past comments have said, we'll be fighting both sides.

I know, I'm not saying it will be one sided, but they are appealing more to Americans who 'aren't in the loop' in terms of interviews with the trailer and screens, if you hadn't read the interviews and had seen the trailer and screens you would think this was Connor vs English

Basically what I'm trying to say is that they are appealing to American newcomers to the series

I think that it wouldn't hurt to see Connor kill a colonist, it would get back some of the British newcomers by doing so.

I just really, really do not want this to become like the ottomans and the byzantines, the Byzantines were actually pretty good, but AC shed them in bad light

souNdwAve89
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I know, I'm not saying it will be one sided, but they are appealing more to Americans who 'aren't in the loop' in terms of interviews with the trailer and screens, if you hadn't read the interviews and had seen the trailer and screens you would think this was Connor vs English

Basically what I'm trying to say is that they are appealing to American newcomers to the series

Yeah, that is true. They said so themselves that AC3 is a good time to get into the series because it is starting over in terms of a new ancestor. It definitely caters more towards the casual group in terms of having little experience with the series.

tarrero
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I am sure even a big native american figure is going to be a templar, I read that on an interview.

JCearlyyears
04-08-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't think they are trying to appeal to anyone but the fans.

Captain Tomatoz
04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
But when they say Connor will kill both British and Americans, that doesn't necessarily we'll be killing American soldiers or guards.

It could just mean there are a few high profile Templar's that need eliminating.

Yeah they haven't actually said that connor will be killing colonist soldiers. They just said that there were templars on both sides. This is very vague. The game will probably have connor fighting both sides as in assassin's creed its always been fighting both sides. Its early days yet so we really don't know yet :D

CrazySN
04-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Connor may not be working for the Americans, but it is very clear that they are close allies. It would be very unlikely that Connor would be killing common American soldiers, especially since his outfit resembles the American outfit of red, white, and blue. Unless the Americans decide on betraying Connor at the end of the game, expect to only kill a few high-profile American templars.

albertwesker22
04-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Connor may not be working for the Americans, but it is very clear that they are close allies. It would be very unlikely that Connor would be killing common American soldiers, especially since his outfit resembles the American outfit of red, white, and blue. Unless the Americans decide on betraying Connor at the end of the game, expect to only kill a few high-profile American templars.

If Connor has to kill a Colonial Templar, then it would make sense that he would have to kill colonial soldiers during a mission like that. Also at the end of the game, all we'll be doing doing is killing colonial soldiers :)

rileypoole1234
04-09-2012, 01:34 AM

I'm sure that after the regulars leave Boston, we'll be fighting a good lot of Americans. Who else would we fight? There can't be no guards in a city. I'm also sure that there'll at least be two assassinations of Americans. I think that's a fair number.

freddie_1897
04-09-2012, 08:36 AM
The only thing I'm worried about in the new setting is watching a let's play on YouTube and seeing one massive America vs England argument in the comments. I just know that someone, somewhere, will somehow manage to use AC3 as a reason for why America is better than England

Jamison_J_B
04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
The only thing I'm worried about in the new setting is watching a let's play on YouTube and seeing one massive America vs England argument in the comments. I just know that someone, somewhere, will somehow manage to use AC3 as a reason for why America is better than England

Only the jacka**es. Most americans don't think like that, but in any given situation, there is always some people that try to talk smack.

brick177
04-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Also, there were no "Americans" back then, they were for the most part British Colonists and people from other countries. Everyone was a British Citizen, meaning the war was essentially an English civil war. Connor is half English. So, the best way to look at the game is it is English vs. English, with some Native Americans, Scottsmen, and German Hessians thrown in the mix.

UrDeviant1
04-09-2012, 03:21 PM
It's basically the British fighting against the people who fought for the America we know today (though no doubt a bit different from what the founding fathers anticipated).

You're bound to get the age old Brit vs America thing, circulating around youtube etc.

Not that I'm bothered by It tbh.

Captain Tomatoz
04-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Also, there were no "Americans" back then, they were for the most part British Colonists and people from other countries. Everyone was a British Citizen, meaning the war was essentially an English civil war. Connor is half English. So, the best way to look at the game is it is English vs. English, with some Native Americans, Scottsmen, and German Hessians thrown in the mix.

It may be English vs English but its still Colonists vs Red Coats. I still think that ubisoft will have both side's common soldiers and guards as enemies but at the moment people are worried that the game will be a little (not completely) one sided on the colonists side.

tarrero
04-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm sure that after the regulars leave Boston, we'll be fighting a good lot of Americans. Who else would we fight? There can't be no guards in a city. I'm also sure that there'll at least be two assassinations of Americans. I think that's a fair number.

THIS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

The game spans from 1753 to 1783, I read on in an Interview that it ends when the redcoats leave, therefore It is highly possible that a huge revolutionary figure is either killed (Charless Lee) or at least attacked (GW maybe) , prompting the "americans" to look for the assassins after the SP story is over.

brick177
04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
The colonists didn't have regular infantry like the British Empire did. While we're supposed to be killing targets on both sides, I'm sure the Redcoats will be our primary fodder just because they were all over the place back then. The colonists had a poorly trained civilian militia that would coalesce for battles, but they weren't in the streets of cities or guarding colonial governor mansions like the Redcoats were. I don't see it as an American vs. English thing, just simply, the British Empire was everywhere, and the Redcoat was the symbol of that imperial power from the Americas to the Caribbean to India. If something important was being guarded, it was being guarded by Redcoats.

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
THIS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

The game spans from 1753 to 1783, I read on in an Interview that it ends when the redcoats leave, therefore It is highly possible that a huge revolutionary figure is either killed (Charless Lee) or at least attacked (GW maybe) , prompting the "americans" to look for the assassins after the SP story is over.

Hmm, Charles Lee did die in 1782...

Steww-
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure if there's a company that uses the phrase "grey-area" more than Ubisoft, so I wouldn't worry about this.

Plus, they've got a good track record on this kind of thing.

brick177
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Some Continental Generals that Died
William Alexander - died 1783 shortly before the end of the war
Johann de Kalb - German, killed in Battle of Camden, August 1780
Richard Montgomery - killed in the Battle of Quebec
Israel Putnam - only outranked by Washington, suffered a stroke in 1779 ending his military career (was not killed)
John Thomas - died of small pox during retreat, June 1776
Joseph Warren - KIA Battle of Bunker Hill
David Wooster - Killed in Battle of Ridgefield, 1777

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_leadership_in_the_American_Revolutionary_ War

tarrero
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Cool info, also Johannes Tekarihoga, the Chief of the Mohawk tribe, died on 1780....

Black_Widow9
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM

We will not tolerate this on the Forums if it starts to happen so don't worry too much about it.
We are all part of the same group no matter where we come from. We love Assassin's Creed! (cheesy but true) ;)

freddie_1897
04-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Amen to that

Akaskas
04-10-2012, 12:19 AM
From an american perspective, I wouldn't really care if a screenshot surfaced of connor killing a colonist.

freddie_1897
04-10-2012, 12:23 AM
From an american perspective, I wouldn't really care if a screenshot surfaced of connor killing a colonist.

THANK YOU!!!!

You see Ubisoft, post a screenshot of Connor killing a colonist and all the British newcomers will no longer feel alienated and most of the American newcomers will stay (and let's face it, if you leave because of that then you must be one hardcore patriot)

albertwesker22
04-10-2012, 01:18 AM
THANK YOU!!!!

You see Ubisoft, post a screenshot of Connor killing a colonist and all the British newcomers will no longer feel alienated and most of the American newcomers will stay (and let's face it, if you leave because of that then you must be one hardcore patriot)

How about a screenshot of Connor, killing Mel Gibson?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2012, 01:20 AM
How about a screenshot of Connor, killing Mel Gibson?

xD
I want this.