PDA

View Full Version : Are we really that pointless?

kosmoscreed
04-08-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm very surprised that Ubisoft hasn't said anything or do anything about the leaked screens, or the cries on the internet about the gameplay video. I'm not gonna complain anymore about the video, it's their game, it's their way to market it, I can deal with it. But why they don't care about the community?, I mean just come here or make a press release saying that the gameplay videos is not going to be published in the internet, or that the video will be published after PAX, at least said something for gods sake. And then, the leaked screens, why they want everyone to watch their game for the first time in such a way?, they can't remove the images from the internet so the right thing to do is to publish clean images to show how your game really looks.

As far as I'm concerned they have done a pretty poor job this weekend, no matter if we have new screens or the video on monday (speculation).

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I agree with what you are saying. The only thing Ubisoft has done about the leaked screens is told Dom that the leak screens CAN be posted on here unlike the gameinformer leaked pictures before, fishy? I think so. Why would Ubisoft allow low resolution pictures of their game to be on the internet? Why would they allow the public to see the demo, but only people who went to PAX? I don't think that's fair OR a good marketing strategy. I think that they might release something on Monday after PAX because I don't see how its fair on everyone else. Obviously that's just a guess but still, I don't see why only people who went there would get a first look at it.

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Well If Ubisoft never officially stated that gameplay from PAX would be streamed, why do they have to go round and please the but-thurt fans who jumped to conclusions?

We all assumed there would be gameplay streamed. That's not Ubi's fault, and It certainly don't mean they think the fans are pointless because they haven't told you what you want to hear.

I agree on the screenshot point though. The leaked one are of poor quality and Ubi should really release some HQ ones.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 01:53 PM
They just came out. Unlike us they aren't so attentive to this stuff. Not as attentive as us. The event isn't even over and people are expecting so much. It was an event which gave for exclusive content for being there. Couldn't bother to show up at the open exclusive event? Then wait until Ubisoft feels they should officially and publicly release it.

Ubisoft doesn't have to show anything at this point. It is my understanding that it is an [open] exclusive event in which members of the public that attend the event get a first look at it.

You know, because they bothered to show up.

TL;DR (if you didn't read that, wow).
It was an open event in which an exclusive first look was shown to those who went. You [and many of us here] didn't.

As for why allow it? It is open information now, no need to be so paranoid all the time. The information is open to talk about now, but on their behalf they only had that event which I believe is still going on.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sources say gameplay videos will be released soon, so its either Ubi let the screens be released because they are going to release a video soon or they are just giving us something to feed off to buy them time.

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 01:59 PM
so your saying people from overseas would travel to boston just to see a 5 min demo, thats not fair for peoplle overseas is it?

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Sources say gameplay videos will be released soon, so its either Ubi let the screens be released because they are going to release a video soon or they are just giving us something to feed off to buy them time.
can u please show proof of these sources?

frogger504
04-08-2012, 02:00 PM

Or they are taken by someone with a hidden camera and people (that includes those reporters), are jumping to conclusions.

Ubisoft has done nothing. The "official" pages aren't as official as you may think. Often even "official" sources are wrong. If there is a video it is probably leaked as well, someone recorded it and they are waiting to release it after PAX. Something that has nothing to do with Ubisoft Montreal.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 02:03 PM
OH GOD i can't find it now.... it was some guy on the forum that linked a game informers Facebook page, they shared the new screens and said a video would be released soon, Im not lying.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
so your saying people from overseas would travel to boston just to see a 5 min demo, thats not fair for peoplle overseas is it?

They don't have to, but it is an exclusive event for whoever can manage to make it. It is not unfair in the least.
It was an exclusive event, just because it isn't in your home town doesn't mean they are being unfair to you. If you want to go to the open exclusive event then go ahead and see the first look. If you can't for whichever reason then too bad.

It is not their fault you can't go. It is your own. If it isn't worth the trip over for you then you must accept that it was your decision to not go to the exclusive event and you won't get the benefit of being there. It isn't worth it for you? Then face the consequence of not going, waiting for the public release of the video.

TorQue1988
04-08-2012, 02:09 PM

>>ACIII PAX East Gameplay Shots "Battle of Bunker Hill"Gameplay video will be posted soon!!!<<
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.379360432094756.88463.180045735359561&type=1

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 02:13 PM
>>ACIII PAX East Gameplay Shots "Battle of Bunker Hill"Gameplay video will be posted soon!!!<<
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.379360432094756.88463.180045735359561&type=1

How DO we know if were not being trolled again, is this source reliable?

TorQue1988
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
How DO we know if were not being trolled again, is this source reliable?
Well i don't know for sure but i would say yes, because these guys post stuff before everyone else does...
http://www.facebook.com/MoStWaNteDXploreR

kosmoscreed
04-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Well If Ubisoft never officially stated that gameplay from PAX would be streamed, why do they have to go round and please the but-thurt fans who jumped to conclusions?

We all assumed there would be gameplay streamed. That's not Ubi's fault, and It certainly don't mean they think the fans are pointless because they haven't told you what you want to hear.

Because they should care about the fans, most of the fans and some media jumped to conclusions?, yes, but having the community manger doing a quick post here will not hurt them and inch.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Why is there another thread about this? -__-

edzilla_551
04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Well i don't know for sure but i would say yes, because these guys post stuff before everyone else does...
http://www.facebook.com/MoStWaNteDXploreR

i wonder how long soon is?

deskpe
04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
well if these guy arent BSing it will be shakycam footage similar to the screens they posted.

Sushiglutton
04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Thing is do no matter what they say people wouldn't be satisfied. And this way they still have all the options since they haven't promised a thing. I think it makes sense. Also if they start commenting on every rumour it would be a mess. That said I want my freaking gameplay :mad:!

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
From now until a video is released, I am pretending that AC3 doesn't exist