PDA

View Full Version : Press A to win

DylanJosh9
04-07-2012, 09:39 AM
http://thetumblrhoodheadquarters.tumblr.com/post/20626904952/assassins-creed-3-gameplay-demo-described

so this tumblr has some PAX demo details. Of course it isn't a reliable source, so take it all with a grain of salt.

One thing that caught my eye that hasn't been show yet is a "Progressive Assassination"

Connor finally reaches the British camp, and we get to see another two new features of the game. The first is the ability to use the environment itself as cover. Bushes, in this case, and Connor prepares to strike the officer. At this point, the second new feature is shown: progressive assassination. Remember the frustration at having a target in your sights, and needing to approach it slowly? You can still do that. Or you can leave the X ****on (assassinate) pressed while locked on your target from afar, causing Connor to run, hack and slash his way to the target.

Sorry I DONT remember any frustration in having to approach a target stealthily. And if it was, it was because some stealth mechanics weren't up to par. It had nothing to do with the concept of stealth itself. Wtf is this?

I know its only an option, but still - why?

edit: proper source
http://www.digitalnoob.com/sony-news/ps3-news/pax-east-assassins-creed-3-preview/

TagDoll
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Maybe that was just for an epic ending to the demo?
Probably not ahah, i think they are just trying to make it more accessible for all players. since quite a lot of people will now favour Ezio's more violent attacking methods they may want to go in guns and swords killing everything. it just means they have more attention after the assassination and have to deal with all the guards. whereas if you decide not to chose this Hold A method it may be worth more (full sync? )

frogger504
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
rarely but yeah. I think it will work considering it only works at locking distance and probably not always. It would probably like a cinematicesque moment. Since you reached locking distance I guess they assume you can get the kill and if you don't want to go through it, or can't for like health/laziness reasons, you Hold the ****on and it does it for you.

deskpe
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Sound like the same thing we had for standing on a room locked on a target/guard below then hitting x to assassinate only this is horizontal.

The way its descibed doesent specify if the running is analogue or aumtomatic. seeing as you need to HOLD X its propably more interactive than you'd think..

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Well it goes with what the devs said 'Fluidity in movement and actions'
I like it....Someone as skilled as Connor should be able to do it, especially when he has the element of surprise. It's like the 'Shove' but faster.

Plus it is optional...they haven't removed the ol sneaky stalk have they? So whats your beef?

Grazel69
04-07-2012, 11:33 AM
the more I read about this game the more ****ed up it gets!

LeTrueAbstergo
04-07-2012, 12:20 PM
My guess, is that these progressive assassinations can only be done under special circu.mstances, such as not being noticed before you strike. Perhaps you need to be, say, in a stalking zone, locked onto your target from afar, etc. So it wont be EASY per-say, it sounds like more of a reward for players who carefully plan out their movements.

Unless you can do it whenever/wherever you want. (which i highly doubt is the case here)

frogger504
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
My guess, is that these progressive assassinations can only be done under special circu.mstances, such as not being noticed before you strike. Perhaps you need to be, say, in a stalking zone, locked onto your target from afar, etc. So it wont be EASY per-say, it sounds like more of a reward for players who carefully plan out their movements.

Unless you can do it whenever/wherever you want. (which i highly doubt is the case here)
Yeah, this seems extremely plausible. I like this idea.