PDA

View Full Version : Write Up On The PAX Demo! (SPOILERS)

Subject J80
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Gamespot Forum:

Gameplay Video -

It takes place during the Battle of Bunker Hill. You mission is to assassinate British General Pitcairn. It begins by walking through a group of American soldiers being pumped up by what seems to be a high ranking officer. Connor walks through them and walks into the battlefield with hundreds of soldiers firing at each other. Connor can only advance between rounds of firing. Connor sneaks by the soldiers and traverses through trees and rock climbs and fights off a few enemies with some awesome dual wielding combos and flanks the enemies and enters the British encampment. Connor goes running into the camp and perform a continous assassination onPitcairn which means he will kill 2-3 people between him and the target but he'll never stop moving between killing those guys (hatchet to the back of the head of one guy and push him away, then hidden blade the next guy and roll forward off the kill and then kill the general ala typically AC).

Impressions -

GT wasn't lying about the animation system. Imagine Uncharted in an open world game. He'll slide, swing, jump under/over branches, run across branches like the trailer, free scale cliffs by putting his hands in the cracks, react to explosions, change his posture according to where he's standing like near a wall and even between branches/trunks. Combat is really fluid and dual wield is awesome. You really get the seem that Connor is a hunter and one with his environment. The trees don't look too prebaked (you can kinda tell where you can begin) and do resemble real life trees in the sense that its never really a straight shot and doesn't look like jump a little to the left and then a little to the right. You'll jump on a 45 degree log and run up to another and swing to another and land between a trees trunk (V shaped trunk) and then jump to another branch and run up that branch so you can then free climb a cliff.

BK-110
04-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Y... Yay...? Seriously, I was expecting to see gameplay today, I think no one cares about another demo write up. No offense, OP, I'm just frustrated. Sounds great, though...

Subject J80
04-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Y... Yay...? Seriously, I was expecting to see gameplay today, I think no one cares about another demo write up. No offense, OP, I'm just frustrated. Sounds great, though...

None taken.

souNdwAve89
04-07-2012, 02:07 AM
The write up isn't anything new, but still cool nonetheless. It's the last segment of the exclusive media gameplay demonstration that was held a couple of days ago.

kudos17
04-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Hadn't seen anything like this yet, thanks for posting. Really digging the animations! I keep hearing "on par with Uncharted", which has me very excited. Can't wait for E3 :D

C3G Jester
04-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Gamespot Forum:

Gameplay Video -

It takes place during the Battle of Bunker Hill. You mission is to assassinate British General Pitcairn. It begins by walking through a group of American soldiers being pumped up by what seems to be a high ranking officer. Connor walks through them and walks into the battlefield with hundreds of soldiers firing at each other. Connor can only advance between rounds of firing. Connor sneaks by the soldiers and traverses through trees and rock climbs and fights off a few enemies with some awesome dual wielding combos and flanks the enemies and enters the British encampment. Connor goes running into the camp and perform a continous assassination onPitcairn which means he will kill 2-3 people between him and the target but he'll never stop moving between killing those guys (hatchet to the back of the head of one guy and push him away, then hidden blade the next guy and roll forward off the kill and then kill the general ala typically AC).

Impressions -

GT wasn't lying about the animation system. Imagine Uncharted in an open world game. He'll slide, swing, jump under/over branches, run across branches like the trailer, free scale cliffs by putting his hands in the cracks, react to explosions, change his posture according to where he's standing like near a wall and even between branches/trunks. Combat is really fluid and dual wield is awesome. You really get the seem that Connor is a hunter and one with his environment. The trees don't look too prebaked (you can kinda tell where you can begin) and do resemble real life trees in the sense that its never really a straight shot and doesn't look like jump a little to the left and then a little to the right. You'll jump on a 45 degree log and run up to another and swing to another and land between a trees trunk (V shaped trunk) and then jump to another branch and run up that branch so you can then free climb a cliff.

Good Job and Thanks OP. I appreciate you finding this. However it is a minor spoiler but not that serious. Suppposed to see the gameplay but I have patience to wait till E3. Thanks again OP

rileypoole1234
04-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I saw it :D. It was awesome. What you said is basically exact.

assassin_zombie
04-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Man why didnt you just record it on a flip cam a phone, something, was security tight? I have to agree with BK Its nice to know what exactly you saw but as of now all i really want is a game play video.

souNdwAve89
04-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Man why didnt you just record it on a flip cam a phone, something, was security tight? I have to agree with BK Its nice to know what exactly you saw but as of now all i really want is a game play video.

That is because the OP was not at PAX. He got the summary off of GameSpot's forums. And yes, judging from the posters on GameSpot, the security was tight. A member tried to take a peek, but security told him to leave right away.

assassin_zombie
04-07-2012, 03:53 AM
[LINK REMOVED]

this is all we get guys

rileypoole1234
04-07-2012, 04:03 AM
That is because the OP was not at PAX. He got the summary off of GameSpot's forums. And yes, judging from the posters on GameSpot, the security was tight. A member tried to take a peek, but security told him to leave right away.

I think he was talking to me. I took a look in, saw Connor sneaking behind a rock and a massive army approaching on the right, and then a man came over and kicked me out. Security was EXTREMELY tight.

assassin_zombie
04-07-2012, 04:06 AM
I think he was talking to me. I took a look in, saw Connor sneaking behind a rock and a massive army approaching on the right, and then a man came over and kicked me out. Security was EXTREMELY tight.

**** that sucks, well we can only hope they show us SOMETHING video wise after pax is done with

rileypoole1234
04-07-2012, 04:09 AM
**** that sucks, well we can only hope they show us SOMETHING video wise after pax is done with

I really hope they do as well. I reeeallly want to see the whole gameplay video. What I saw looked brilliant though. Really good graphics and the animations look like they are on par with Uncharted 3.

Moultonborough
04-07-2012, 04:10 AM
I just came back from PAX and it was cool. It stopped at certain points explained new features. There are two options you can do the mission. A "action" and a "stealth" approach. At one point Connor uses the rope dart to kill someone and while he fights the others on the ground you can see the person's body hanging. I just wish it was longer.

EDIT: If anyone is wondering they are only showing it in their show floor booth.

mattscat16
04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
[LINK REMOVED]

this is all we get guys

wow. these are great shots!!!!

Moultonborough
04-07-2012, 05:24 AM
It would be cool if they had got a pic with the weapon menu. It comes out on the right side of the screen in like a half circle. In blue of course.

jmk1999
04-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Posting leaked content is subject to suspension. don't do it.

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Posting leaked content is subject to suspension. don't do it.
*posts leaked video* :rolleyes:

TagDoll
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Here is a more detailed write up

10am on Day 1 of PAX East, and our first video preview is scheduled. Not just any game, but one of the most hotly anticipated of 2012: Assassin’s Creed III.

I was torn with AC3. I was hoping to take a virtual tour of distant lands, and the annoucement of the game’s setting during the American Revolution had initially left a bittersweet flavor in my mouth. For a series that had distinguished itself with its free running and jumping from building to building, the New England wilderness didn’t seem to promise much compared to Rome and Constantinople.

After watching this ten-minute video, I am sold. Assassin’s Creed III is going to rock.

We are on Bunker Hill in 1775 for one of the first battles of the American Revolution. Connor makes his way calmly through the Colonist’s battle lines, and something is already very different from previous game: whereas Ezio and Altair made their ways to targets surronded by crowds of bystanders, Connor’s target is a British officer at the other end of the field.

We see ricochets from cannonballs in the distance, and leaves flying in the wind. The opening line from the famous battle is played: “Don’t shoot until you see the whites of their eyes!”, and there goes Connor, making his way through the field, avoiding cannon fire and witnessing skirmish lines with thousands of soldiers.

Yes, thousands. Whereas former Assassin’s Creed games supported up to around 250 characters at any given moment on the screen, AC3 will supprt up to a staggering 2000-2300. Connor is much more dynamic than his predecessors. Ezio would usually stroll through a crowd and slowly approach a target. Connor feels more like a wolf, a pure predator stalking unseen in the midst of battle with one purpose in mind.

While crossing the battlefield, a few new moves are shown. The environments are much more dynamic, and Connor’s character is aware of them in a way that wasn’t present in former games. He will flinch when a cannonball strikes nearby, and players will be able to control whether to use environment objects in a high or low profile. A tree trunk can either be jumped over, or slid under. After finally reaching a forest, Connor turns into the classic assassin and climbs a tree.

Jumping from tree to tree is fluid. According to creative director Alex Hutchinson, the idea was to make Connor agile on treetops, while not making him look like Tarzan. And it shows. You can almost feel a certain rage within Connor in the way he moves from branch to branch. A small platoon of Redcoats is finally underneath him, and we see one of the coolest new weapons in the assassin’s arsenal: the rope dart.

Picture a big dart with a rope attached to it, yes? Then imagine Connor on a tree branch tossing this dart into a British soldier, jumping off the branch and using it as a pulley to pull up the shishkebab’d soldier. And leave him hanging. It has a certain feel like an inverted takedown in Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I can’t wait to try it myself.

One soldier hanging, the other 6 are pointing muskets at Connor. Another good throw of the dart, and he pulls one of the soldiers toward him (a very “get over here!” moment), and uses him as a human shield just as the soldiers release their barrage. Now that the muskets are empty, Connor closes in and takes care of them with a combination of a knife and tomahawk.

Do I need to reiterate that Connor feels much more brutal than his ancestors, and in a very good way?

Connor finally reaches the British camp, and we get to see another two new features of the game. The first is the ability to use the environment itself as cover. Bushes, in this case, and Connor prepares to strike the officer. At this point, the second new feature is shown: progressive assassination. Remember the frustration at having a target in your sights, and needing to approach it slowly? You can still do that. Or you can leave the X ****on (assassinate) pressed while locked on your target from afar, causing Connor to run, hack and slash his way to the target.

At the end of these ten minutes of video, the audience erupted in applause. I stepped outside and preordered a copy of the game, and can’t wait until its release on October 30th.

During a short interview with cretive director Alex Hutchinson, we were explained some of the main differences with previous Assassin’s Creed. A separate team has been working on AC3 since 2010, doing a great job of keeping the gaming community in the dark of the game’s development in parallel with Ezio’s adventures.

While Connor will have some interesting new weapons, and we were able to glance a smoke bomb in a menu screen, Hutchinson says the bomb-crafting mechanic from AC: Revelations won’t be present in this one, both due to setting considerations, and to turn Connor into a much more classical, hands-on assassin. The engineering team has been working hard at creating environments suitable to this new character, and it shows. Even though there were minor animation problems in the video, the game shows an incredible amount of polish so far ahead of release. The skeleton and muscles are there, it just needs a pretty skin now. [Link Removed for Leaked Content]

GLHS
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I just came back from PAX and it was cool. It stopped at certain points explained new features. There are two options you can do the mission. A "action" and a "stealth" approach. At one point Connor uses the rope dart to kill someone and while he fights the others on the ground you can see the person's body hanging. I just wish it was longer.

EDIT: If anyone is wondering they are only showing it in their show floor booth.

What I really like about this is that you have the option on how to do the missions. They touched on it a little bit in a few interviews, but didn't quite explain it. They pretty much just said that there will be checkpoints. So now people that hated the 100% synch system can just go action and not worry about having to be stealthy. It also tells me that there will be awesome replay value, since those that want to will be able to do every mission twice, and play it differently each time. And it would be really sweet for trophy/achievement hunters like myself, if they had a trophy for completing every mission on action mode and then another one for every mission on stealth mode.

Moultonborough
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
If you played COD 3 than you go sometimes you could pick which route you could take. I forget the level but in one you could get a boost into the house or go another direction. In the trailer you could go one way for stealth which was left or right for more "action". To the left was the woods and the right was in between both army's. That's what I meant by "options".

pacmanate
04-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Im done reading about other people getting to see it! I WANT TO SEE IT MYSELF D:

notafanboy
04-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Gamespot Forum:

Gameplay Video -

Impressions -

am i the only one who thinks uncharted´s climbing animations don´t look that impressive ?

GLHS
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM
If you played COD 3 than you go sometimes you could pick which route you could take. I forget the level but in one you could get a boost into the house or go another direction. In the trailer you could go one way for stealth which was left or right for more "action". To the left was the woods and the right was in between both army's. That's what I meant by "options".

oooohhh ok. That sounds less cool lol. I don't like that idea nearly as much. But it still gives more freedom in the approach to the target, so I guess it works.

P.S. D@mmit, I was so excited about that too lol. It really got me thinkin.

De Filosoof
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
am i the only one who thinks uncharted´s climbing animations don´t look that impressive ?
No, in my opinion the climbing animations from previous AC's looked even better.

notafanboy
04-07-2012, 07:32 PM
No, in my opinion the climbing animations from previous AC's looked even better.

exactly, that makes me worried that it will look Uncharted-ish. The climbing just doesn´t have any weight in that game

kudos17
04-07-2012, 07:46 PM

I think they mean Uncharted-esque reactions. Connor will jump, dodge around trees, etc. more fluidly. Basically, he will react to the environment in realistic ways a la Nathan Drake from Uncharted, which is a good sign. I think we can assume the climbing of buildings will be, for the most part, very similar to what we've seen in the past, though.

DarthEzio55
04-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Here is a more detailed write up

[Link Removed for Leaked Content]
So if we lock on the target and hold the assassination ****on, Connor will automatically start killing people? That makes it sound that the game is easy, And connor will just fight for u

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
So if we lock on the target and hold the assassination ****on, Connor will automatically start killing people? That makes it sound that the game is easy, And connor will just fight for u

not yet we still dont know the context of dat system

Animuses
04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
am i the only one who thinks uncharted´s climbing animations don´t look that impressive ?I think they look terrible.

prince162010
04-08-2012, 12:40 AM
hello guys

is there any news about the gameplay ?

jmk1999
04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
i've received word that the leaked screens and videos are CURRENTLY okay to post since they're already floating around (though this may change in the coming days... i don't know for sure). the only advisory is that all topics containing the leaked content MUST contain a spoiler tag in the subject. with that said, keep it all in this topic. i'll be closing the others. thanks!

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:11 AM
i've received word that the leaked screens and videos are CURRENTLY okay to post since they're already floating around (though this may change in the coming days... i don't know for sure). the only advisory is that all topics containing the leaked content MUST contain a spoiler tag in the subject. with that said, keep it all in this topic. i'll be closing the others. thanks!
Yay!

LogiK_462
04-08-2012, 01:12 AM
You said VIDEOS? Sweet, anyone got a link? :p

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Anyone got a link to some videos?

Locopells
04-08-2012, 01:13 AM
It's called bowing to the inevitable...

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Me needs leaked video =D

jmk1999
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
don't know if there's a video... but if there is... post it.

just keep in mind... trolling videos WILL get you suspended. ;)

LogiK_462
04-08-2012, 01:20 AM
As do I. :confused:

prince162010
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I want to see the gameplay demo____ when when when ?

jmk1999
04-08-2012, 01:26 AM
also, keep in mind, guys... this is ONLY in regards to leaked PAX content. should any other content be leaked from anything but PAX, it does NOT give you the right to post without proper permission. should you have any questions, PM a forum moderator.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 01:29 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403991_379363332094466_180045735359561_1175040_384 387915_n.jpghttp://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293836_379362025427930_180045735359561_1174982_161 5048659_n.jpghttp://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403991_379363322094467_180045735359561_1175038_180 887571_n.jpghttp://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403991_379363325427800_180045735359561_1175039_151 4115083_n.jpg

Calvarok
04-08-2012, 01:34 AM
I highly doubt that lens flares are that prevalent in the game. Definitely look shopped. Also, stop posting them. We can wait a few days for the video, for gosh's sake. No need to risk incurring mod wrath.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I highly doubt that lens flares are that prevalent in the game. Definitely look shopped. Also, stop posting them. We can wait a few days for the video, for gosh's sake. No need to risk incurring mod wrath.
He said it was ok as long as it was in this thread

Calvarok
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
ah, alright. But still, these look very obviously shopped. The other, more greyish ones looked like the original pics.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:36 AM
The original pictures didn't have the flare at all. These aren't photoshopped. And he just said we were allowed to post videos on this thread if we make sure we warn of spoilers.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:37 AM
ah, alright. But still, these look very obviously shopped. The other, more greyish ones looked like the original pics.
They brightened the pictures up just to be able to see the details better.

SixKeys
04-08-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't get why they felt the need to add the lens flare. They weren't in the original pics. Also, it seems like the one of Connor behind the rock keeps getting higher contrast every time I see it. He was well visible in the original pic, now he's almost completely covered in shadow.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:41 AM
I like the new art style they're using.

Legendz54
The original pics were too grey the ones i posted are too bright, but i don't know why they are getting so much criticism these look as good as the other screenshots if not better (comparing)
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403991_379363325427800_180045735359561_1175039_151 4115083_n.jpghttp://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Canoe.jpg

prince162010
the orginal pics

http://www.assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/07-04-2012_24.jpg

http://www.assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/07-04-2012_25.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/526934_128097687320440_575461079_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536457_128089387321270_100003606276117_125662_1730 580079_n.jpg

JCearlyyears
04-08-2012, 01:43 AM
looks like weapon swapping is confirmed :D

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:43 AM
I like how the 3rd one looks. The grass and trees look really good in it. ^_^

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:44 AM
looks like weapon swapping is confirmed :D
Would it really be considered dual wielding then? Would you have to quickly swap while in a fight to use both?

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 01:46 AM
I like how the 3rd one looks. The grass and trees look really good in it. ^_^
I don't like it, thats why i think my ones are the real ones and these ones are just faulty, it doesn't have any colour or textures.

D.I.D.
04-08-2012, 01:47 AM
The original pics were too grey the ones i posted are too bright, but i don't know why they are getting so much criticism these look as good as the other screenshots if not better (comparing)
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403991_379363325427800_180045735359561_1175039_151 4115083_n.jpghttp://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Canoe.jpg

The only thing that's weird to me is the sun in some of these shots. It doesn't seem to be part of the game engine (and I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't think the sun has blue light and looks like a billion-watt halogen bulb or an exploding space station), but something that somebody has chosen to add in after the pictures were taken.

Everything else looks great, and I'm sure in motion it must be even more impressive.

GeneralTrumbo
I don't like it, thats why i think my ones are the real ones and these ones are just faulty, it doesn't have any colour or textures.
I was talking about your third picture. >.>

prince162010

but this is the orginal ones

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I was talking about your third picture. >.>
Oh soz lol

jmk1999
04-08-2012, 01:50 AM
The only thing that's weird to me is the sun in some of these shots. It doesn't seem to be part of the game engine (and I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't think the sun has blue light and looks like a billion-watt halogen bulb or an exploding space station), but something that somebody has chosen to add in after the pictures were taken.

Everything else looks great, and I'm sure in motion it must be even more impressive.

given that they're leaked, it could be a contrasty lens flare or reflection or something similar from the camera that took it.

prince162010
04-08-2012, 01:51 AM
given that they're leaked, it could be a contrasty lens flare or reflection or something similar from the camera that took it.

yes you are right

DavisP92
04-08-2012, 01:52 AM

lol are you ****ting me, the bottom screenshot looks so much better :P. come on man, don't try and say they look just as good. i even showed my cousin the bottom and he was shocked how great the game looked, then i showed him the top one (new ones) and he was like oh nevermind.

Calvarok
04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
General, when I say shopped, I mean ANY sort of image editing. So increased contrast would fall under that catagory.

Calvarok
04-08-2012, 01:55 AM
lol are you ****ting me, the bottom screenshot looks so much better :P. come on man, don't try and say they look just as good. i even showed my cousin the bottom and he was shocked how great the game looked, then i showed him the top one (new ones) and he was like oh nevermind.
The bottom one is a direct-capture. The top ones were presumably from a picture of a screen. Go take a picture of something on a tv screen and look at how bad it looks.

prince162010
04-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Anyways is there any news for now ?

jmk1999
04-08-2012, 01:56 AM

this is clearly because the leaked images were taken with a camera, not scanned or screenshot. the reason for the degradation in quality should be quite obvious.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 01:59 AM
I am sure if that top screenshot was taken directly from the game itself and not off the TV screen, it would look just as good as the bottom.-By the way, the water looks much more realistic!

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of the real battle of bunker hill? I want to see if they recreated it accurately.

SixKeys
04-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Judging by the difference between the two images, I'd say one was taken with a camera, hence the lossy quality, and the other one (Connor in the canoe) is a bullshot. The other one looks worse than the final game probably will while the other one looks better than the final game will. The final product will be something in between.

DavisP92
04-08-2012, 02:07 AM
The bottom one is a direct-capture. The top ones were presumably from a picture of a screen. Go take a picture of something on a tv screen and look at how bad it looks.

this is clearly because the leaked images were taken with a camera, not scanned or screenshot. the reason for the degradation in quality should be quite obvious.

I am sure if that top screenshot was taken directly from the game itself and not off the TV screen, it would look just as good as the bottom.-By the way, the water looks much more realistic!

COOL i just tried the multi-quote, it makes things so much easier :P. okay but yea i get that those were probably taken with a camera with low megapixels not arguing that. And it is possible that the leaked screens with full quality could look like the bottom pic but from the screens that we have and they're quality. NO. it's just as simple as that. if we have a picture of two red apples where one picture makes the apple look less glossy (healthy) and red, you can't say both pictures look exactly the same quality wise.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 02:09 AM
These screens are now confirmed to be from the battle of bunker hill and was shown to the audience, anyone got friends that went there so they can tell us if the Gray or brighter screenshots are correct, maybe escoblades knows?http://www.gamepur.com/news/7679-new...s-arrived.html (http://www.gamepur.com/news/7679-new-assassins-creed-iii-actual-gameplay-images-arrived.html)

prince162010
04-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Nice vid with nice pics
Click here http://www.firstpost.com/topic/product/ps3-assassins-creed-3-new-screenshots-2012-video-gdWtzpjS8t8-51431-2.html

GLHS
04-08-2012, 02:55 AM
The higher contrast pics are posted on their official facebook page. I highly doubt they would be fake or messed with if they did that. But idk what to think, b/c the lower contrast first releases don't have the sun and lighting that the newer higher contrast pics do.

Calvarok
04-08-2012, 02:58 AM
The higher contrast pics are posted on their official facebook page. I highly doubt they would be fake or messed with if they did that. But idk what to think, b/c the lower contrast first releases don't have the sun and lighting that the newer higher contrast pics do.

But they weren't posted BY the official page. They were posted by fans, yes?

frogger504
04-08-2012, 03:06 AM
But they weren't posted BY the official page. They were posted by fans, yes?

Yes. It was posted on Gamespot forums and one use upped the contrast.

We mustn't forget that just because they are under the title Ubisoft doesn't mean they are all together. They have different people in charge of different things and they aren't all always kept in the loop. As shown from the Fragdolls incident.

Anyways, I just came on and it is okay to post them? How come? Is there actually a video around?

JCearlyyears
04-08-2012, 03:08 AM
The pics with the weird light have trees that look abnormally blue. In my opinion, everything on those pics look abnormally blue.

LogiK_462
04-08-2012, 03:10 AM
It's okay to post leaked content from PAX only, which means that it'd be alright now to post the gameplay video.
If only someone had the link...

GLHS
04-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Well sorta. What I was thinking of was the link in the other thread about the screens. It's not AC3's official page. It's the official page of a gaming news site, Latest News Explorer. They posted them from the demo. And....I just looked and they say that the demo video will be posted soon. So we will be getting to see it in action.

http://www.facebook.com/MoStWaNteDXploreR

frogger504
04-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Well sorta. What I was thinking of was the link in the other thread about the screens. It's not AC3's official page. It's the official page of a gaming news site, Latest News Explorer. They posted them from the demo. And....I just looked and they say that the demo video will be posted soon. So we will be getting to see it in action.

Considering recent events, I doubt it.

Also, these are not official pictures, none of them are. Someone that was at PAX posted them in the Gamespot forum and someone else touched them up, twice.

GLHS
04-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Considering recent events, I doubt it.

Also, these are not official pictures, none of them are. Someone that was at PAX posted them in the Gamespot forum and someone else touched them up, twice.

It says Latest New Explorer on the bottom of the pictures and says they were taken from the demo. Also, and I quote, in they're latest AC3 post: "AC3 PAX East gameplay shots of "The Battle at Bunker Hill. Gameplay video will be posted soon!!!"

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 03:35 AM

OMG awesome can't wait!! my bet is that we will see something surface within this week.

Timeaus
04-08-2012, 03:48 AM
My guesses would be that if any gameplay are gonna be posted, it would probably be posted after PAX is over. Let hope for the best and expect the worst, cause we all know what happened yesterday :rolleyes:

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Combat looks much more streamlined and fast paced.
Connor rides in on a horse and dismounts beside a small gathering of blue coat soldiers, while a military commander spouts out an inspirational speech to his men. After dismounting, you are given a clear view of Connor’s weapons, with two black powder pistols holstered on his sides, a bow and arrow strung across his back, the classic hidden blade from the previous games about his wrist, a simple straight dagger on his belt, and of course, his trusty tomahawk. The American soldiers seem to pay him little attention as Connor strolls calmly through the crowd, looking out at the approaching ranks of British troops making their way down the hill ahead of them. With large scale battles being new to the Assassin’s Creed series, Alex Hutchinson mentions that a great deal of care went into making the armies stay true to the tactics and battle formations of the period (you line up your dudes, and we will line up ours, and we’ll see who wins!).
Hutchinson also pointed out that the number of characters moving and interacting on the screen has been drastically improved. While previous Assassin’s Creed games were only able to support around two hundred people moving within a given scene, Ubisoft developers are now able to have up to two and a halfthousand characters all on the same screen at once. While this might not sound like an integral part of the gameplay, it can have a surprising impact on the player’s immersion within the game’s environments and open world settings.

Note the ****** and deer. There will be hunting!
As Connor makes his way past the soldiers and starts running into the action, it is explained that his animations have been redesigned from the ground up. While you can still see some of Ezio and Altair’s style in his movements, everything from Connor’s running animation, to his free running has a look and feeling of its own. New reactive animations have also been added, which make Connor respond to things happening around him, such as flinching and shielding his face when a cannon ball lands beside him. We were also shown Connor’s new sliding move, as he does a running slide beneath a large arch shaped root sticking out from the ground. He will also peak around corners, and crouch down when making his way through designated ‘stalking zones,’ such as bushes or other hiding spots. Imagine that, an assassin who actually sneaks around. Who’d a thunk it?
Before running out onto the battlefield, the player is given the option of taking the more combat heavy path on the right, or the stealthier path on the left. Taking the path on the right, Connor begins making his way up into the trees. Hutchinson explains that the designers have been hard at work making the tree climbing experience feel natural and convincing. Jesting, he mentions that the development team had to be very careful when designing the tree climbing, because they didn’t want players to feel like they were Tarzan. As Connor makes his way through the organically shaped tree tops and branches, he uses several new moves, such as monkey baring from limb to limb, shimmying his way around a tree trunk, and using his hands to perch himself between a V shaped tree top. This was very impressive, as many fans were concerned that climbing through trees would be little more than running along a clear cut path of horizontal branches.

Awesome weather effects.
Jumping down on some unsuspecting red coats, we were then given a taste of the newly redesigned dual wielding combat system. Stringing up the closest soldier with his new Rope Dart, the man dangles helplessly about, while Connor charges forward. Taking down the next closest soldier with his dagger, he then uses the man as a human shield as four more soldiers bring their muskets to bear. As the man is riddled with the bullets of his fellow soldiers, Connor lets him fall to the ground, and quickly closes the distance before the remaining soldiers have a chance to reload. Once he is in the middle of the group, he quickly and fluidly takes them down with a devastating series of attacks with his dagger and tomahawk.
Finally making his charge toward his target, after a quick climb up a rocky cliff face, we see that the trademark hidden blade assassination now allows players to seamlessly roll out of the attack, and charge forward toward any remaining enemies. The demo then ended with the iconic tomahawk jump attack that we saw in the announcement trailer (bellow), as Connor strikes down his Templar target sitting on horseback.

Takin out the red coats.
In closing, I was very impressed with what I saw of this game, and can hardly wait to hear more details in the coming months, and then finally play it for myself on October 30th. I have a strong feeling that Connor’s adventure will prove to be the greatest Assassin’s game yet.
Stay tuned to Platform Nation for more news coming straight to you from PAX East 2012!

GLHS
04-08-2012, 06:07 AM
My guesses would be that if any gameplay are gonna be posted, it would probably be posted after PAX is over. Let hope for the best and expect the worst, cause we all know what happened yesterday :rolleyes:

Oh of course. They're definitely gonna wait till after PAX. My guess is the video of the demo will be released this next week or the week after.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 06:20 AM
It says Latest New Explorer on the bottom of the pictures and says they were taken from the demo. Also, and I quote, in they're latest AC3 post: "AC3 PAX East gameplay shots of "The Battle at Bunker Hill. Gameplay video will be posted soon!!!"

Well sure, I can get the clean pictures and put Frogger504 on them, doesn't mean I put them up.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 09:01 AM
New images have been leaked! More to come!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/560103_377671655607104_189812251059713_1156207_111 3685884_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525719_377695995604670_189812251059713_1156268_615 658941_n.jpg

<strong><font size="5">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CaMlRuSCU

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 09:05 AM
awesome!!!! THE FIRST PICTURE LOOKS EPIC

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 09:09 AM
awesome!!!!
Another interesting thing I found was that AnvilNext was exclusively developed for AC3. http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/anvilnext-game-engine-developed-exclusively-for-aciii/

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Another interesting thing I found was that AnvilNext was exclusively developed for AC3. http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/anvilnext-game-engine-developed-exclusively-for-aciii/

Very interesting its good they took the time to do that,Onto another subject I think you should make your own thread and post the new screenshots there!! because everyone has been complaining but that first one looks awesome!!

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Very interesting its good they took the time to do that,Onto another subject I think you should make your own thread and post the new screenshots there!! because everyone has been complaining but that first one looks awesome!!
I would, but I believe the moderator said that we must keep all screenshots in this thread.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I would, but I believe the moderator said that we must keep all screenshots in this thread.
That sucks :( found any more?

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 09:59 AM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6338/screenshot20120408at635.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/screenshot20120408at635.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Timeaus
04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
New Images popping out everywhere, which means eventually those video has to come out. Hope

playassassins1
04-08-2012, 10:09 AM
You can't really see what is going on in that Screenshot

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Who the hell cares its new and badass!!! he is dual wielding a knife and tomohawk you can see arrows and some kind of sword on his back.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
SWEET STUFF¬!!!!

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6338/screenshot20120408at635.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/screenshot20120408at635.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

LAWL. THis looks kinda funny hahahaa, Where are all of these coming from

frogger504
04-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Is that really a surprise? They made Anvil 2.0 for AC2.

Anyways, they look cool. Mind sharing the link to where you found them?

souNdwAve89
04-08-2012, 10:30 AM

Looks like Connor did a kick to break the solder's block defense while slashing his dagger/knife on his left.

LeTrueAbstergo
04-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Who the hell cares its new and badass!!! he is dual wielding a knife and tomohawk you can see arrows and some kind of sword on his back.

That sword is just the bayonette on the soldier's gun. :P

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 10:38 AM
That sword is just the bayonette on the soldier's gun. :P

oh yea it is woops still looks badass

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I just read somewhere that Ubisoft leaked these on purpose, wouldn't surprise me. Also, the amount of people on various websites crying about the graphics D: I have no words for them

KrYpToNiC95
04-08-2012, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=pacmanate;8225272]SWEET STUFF¬!!!!

You do realise that was 14 hours ago. I don't think we'll see much. We have been trolled far too much in regards to AC3 the last few weeks.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=pacmanate;8225272]SWEET STUFF¬!!!!

You do realise that was 14 hours ago. I don't think we'll see much. We have been trolled far too much in regards to AC3 the last few weeks.

Oh I know we have. Believe me I have no hopes for a gameplay video, however these screenshots being leaked were defo NOT from a camera, they are too perfectly centered, anyone can see that. Maybe there is an embargo on a gameplay video til after PAX. I just don't see why 1600 general public can see it at PAX and the rest of the world not. It doesn't seem like a good idea

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Connor being pretty discreet here carefully observing while americans are looking pretty outnumbered
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7783/screenshot20120408at740.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/screenshot20120408at740.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Nice new pic! still confused about the mini map though xD

KrYpToNiC95
04-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe that haziness is from the engine. Like with AC2 at first I never realised it but on my latest and probably 5th playthrough I have realised haze and that the graphics aren't actually that good. Maybe the graphics aren't going to be as good as they make them out to be. As long as they aren't overly ridiculous I'll be happy. Also with the other leaked photo's, have people gone and added contrast to them because I have seen doubles with much more colour.

eagleforlife1
04-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I assume that the 100% synch for this mission would be to kill Pitcairn with a gun as that is how he died in real life.

Legendz54
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Nice new pic! still confused about the mini map though xD
There is also a dual wielding pic on page 10 check it out!

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 10:55 AM
That dual wielding picture is messed up, that guys leg on the left is all squished and stuff

dex3108BL
04-08-2012, 10:57 AM
They are showing same version of gameplay that press was able to see in February and that is gameplay video from early pre-alpha version. That version is first version which they putted together so they can see if gameplay mechanic work, is story ok etc. They can now complete game from begging to the end with lots of bugs but that is a point of pre-alpha. Now they can see which part is good and which is not Good parts they are finalizing (final textures, lightning, ragdoll correction, bug fixing etc.) less good parts they are changing and testing and if they are satisfied with results that part is also going to finalization. So whole point of this PAX demo is not graphic point is in gameplay mechanic. If we look to the past games they were graphically very good and i don't see any reason why AC3 would not be the best graphically looking game in AC serial :D

Timeaus
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=KrYpToNiC95;8225284]

Oh I know we have. Believe me I have no hopes for a gameplay video, however these screenshots being leaked were defo NOT from a camera, they are too perfectly centered, anyone can see that. Maybe there is an embargo on a gameplay video til after PAX. I just don't see why 1600 general public can see it at PAX and the rest of the world not. It doesn't seem like a good idea

Yeah not good marketing strategy, also maybe they leaked these photos to keep fans occupy and not rage on them until PAX is over then they'll release the video. I hope so at least.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=pacmanate;8225287]

Yeah not good marketing strategy, also maybe they leaked these photos to keep fans occupy and not rage on them until PAX is over then they'll release the video. I hope so at least.

My beef with that, is why aren't they high resolution? If Dom1999 was told that its okay to post them, then Ubisoft must of leaked them, otherwise there would be a deleting spree like there was when the gameinformer pictures came out early

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Be grateful that we have anything at all xD considering they weren't going to show us anything in the first place

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Be grateful that we have anything at all xD considering they weren't going to show us anything in the first place

Yeah but these low resolution screens have caused more people to rage at the quality than go "woo"

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 11:09 AM
True, maybe they didn't have great screen capture tech to get the best photos, we've already been told by people who have seen the demo that these pictures do not do the game justice and don't look as good as the demo that they saw.

KrYpToNiC95
04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I still can't understand though, 1600 people saw it. Not one person got footage??

dex3108BL
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
If somebody beside Ubisoft have video it would be on web by now for sure. So there is a really good chance that those SS are coming from somebody inside Ubisoft.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
True, maybe they didn't have great screen capture tech to get the best photos, we've already been told by people who have seen the demo that these pictures do not do the game justice and don't look as good as the demo that they saw.

But why would Ubisoft even BOTHER to screen cap this? Why not screen cap it at HQ. And I heard security was really tight this year.

LeTrueAbstergo
04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Right now, i'm one of the people who was really let down by these pics. For me personally, graphics and animations can make or break the game. But i'm also taking these with a grain of salt, because of course its an early build and these are low-res pics. Plus everyone who's seen the game in action says it's stunning, so there's also a trust factor here. My hope is that the game will look as good as it did it the officially released pics by october, which im sure it will.

TagDoll
04-08-2012, 11:15 AM
To show us how things are going? I'm not sure what the point really was but i know that I'm happy they released them. It shown off the new HUD and how many people would be able to be on one screen. It's also given them an idea of what needs improving and what their fans think.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 11:24 AM
To show us how things are going? I'm not sure what the point really was but i know that I'm happy they released them. It shown off the new HUD and how many people would be able to be on one screen. It's also given them an idea of what needs improving and what their fans think.

No it hasn't. As you said before these pictures are low resolution and do the game no justice. How can they get ideas for what needs improving if many fans say this below:

Right now, i'm one of the people who was really let down by these pics.

Timeaus
04-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to judge the game graphics and mechanic base on these pictures because I'm sure it will be different on video, besides we are going to be playing the VIDEO Game not PICTURE Game. But Ur right though it's really odd that Ubisoft would post these low res. pictures, I mean I'm sure that they have enough money to buy a HQ camera to capture HQ pictures. Maybe they weren't prepare for this and forgot their HQ cameras at the studio Haha.;)

GLHS
04-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Omg is this real? I'm sorry, but this looks HORRIBLE. It looks like a blocky CG render of the fight that's all mapped out before they add all the real stuff in there. Environmentally, it looks good, but my god, the people look like friggin PS2 models. Ugh. The one guy's legs are screwed up, the other guy looks really disproportionate in size, and Connor looks like a statuette that has a painted on face. The best lookin guy in the one standing in the back. He looks fine. God, I hope we won't actually be seeing anything more like this. I just don't understand why we keep getting pics that look like this with a new engine and what's supposed to be a finished, polished demo.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Keep in mind that all these pics are of low quality and they all seem to have been edited with photoshop to compensate for degradation of quality.

playassassins1
04-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Omg is this real? I'm sorry, but this looks HORRIBLE. It looks like a blocky CG render of the fight that's all mapped out before they add all the real stuff in there. Environmentally, it looks good, but my god, the people look like friggin PS2 models. Ugh. The one guy's legs are screwed up, the other guy looks really disproportionate in size, and Connor looks like a statuette that has a painted on face. The best lookin guy in the one standing in the back. He looks fine. God, I hope we won't actually be seeing anything more like this. I just don't understand why we keep getting pics that look like this with a new engine and what's supposed to be a finished, polished demo.

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

GLHS
04-08-2012, 11:56 AM
How do you know this? B/c everything being released specifically states they are pics from the demo that was just shown at PAX. That version would be a finished, polished, complete demo.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
How do you know this? B/c everything being released specifically states they are pics from the demo that was just shown at PAX. That version would be a finished, polished, complete demo.
Look at the resolution. -__-

True_Assassin92
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. It reminds me of all the other AC's where soldiers drop dead unnaturally, it even looks like he's not even hitting the guy with that knife. These are horrible indeed, but I keep in mind that they're still early images and I think they could use the extra months a lot, because there is plenty of work to do!

Edit: I do think it's some sort of strategy of Ubisoft to send out these real crappy things and then mindblow us with the finished product.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Ok, this is getting ridiculous again. People keep judging the game on alleged very low quality leaked static images. Even if you'd seen the demo you wouldn't have enough material to properly judge the game's graphics or mechanics, so stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions. -_-

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
See, this is why these screenshots shouldn't of been released

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:08 PM
See, this is why these screenshots shouldn't of been released
I don't mind the screenshots tbh. I just mind the fact that there are way too many people on this forum that seem to start acting like rampaging monkeys every time rumors are blown out of proportion. I was very disappointed in many of the people here when I saw what happened right after the FragDolls stream.

GLHS
Look at the resolution. -__-

If somebody took pics of these in feb, verses just days ago at PAX, how would that change the resolution of the pic? Assuming that they're not pics, but actually screenshots, the same would still apply. This demo should look far better that that pic I commented on. A few of the pics have been ok. But that one in particular, good contrast/resolution or no, should not look that mapped and blocky, no matter what stage of demo. If the demo was done enough to premiere to an audience ( and trust me, demos are done outside of the actually game itself and have it's own development process), it would not look like it was just put together on a computer in front of you. Albeit, the graphics in the finished game will look a bit better, but the demos should look very close to what we see in the finished product. Finished demos are polished and complete once they're ready to premiere to the public. I am by no means saying that this is what the game will look like when we play it, or saying that the video we see of the demo will look like this. Static images do not do videos justice in quality. I understand, acknowledge, and agree with that. I'm just saying, based on what we've seen, even the stills should look better than they do. I've heard great things about the demo, and if anything, these screens just make me more curious to see it. not push me away from it or the game itself.

Legendz54
Ok, this is getting ridiculous again. People keep judging the game on alleged very low quality leaked static images. Even if you'd seen the demo you wouldn't have enough material to properly judge the game's graphics or mechanics, so stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions. -_-
^Exactly this,be patient for the god**** demo, watch it.... if you still don't like it then start criticising it. These are just mere leaked low quality images, don't judge a game on that :/

TorQue1988
04-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Man, i still don't get the mini-map. It doesn't show anything, and it some pictures we can see clouds reflected on it (or something that look like clouds). Maybe it's because the map layout is not finished?
And enough with the graphics quality because it's getting ridiculous....

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:12 PM
If somebody took pics of these in feb, verses just days ago at PAX, how would that change the resolution of the pic? Assuming that they're not pics, but actually screenshots, the same would still apply. This demo should look far better that that pic I commented on. A few of the pics have been ok. But that one in particular, good contrast/resolution or no, should not look that mapped and blocky, no matter what stage of demo. If the demo was done enough to premiere to an audience ( and trust me, demos are done outside of the actually game itself and have it's own development process), it would not look like it was just put together on a computer in front of you. Albeit, the graphics in the finished game will look a bit better, but the demos should look very close to what we see in the finished product. Finished demos are polished and complete once they're ready to premiere to the public.
Again, look at the resolution of the pics. It's pathetic and obviously not AC level. Even if these are direct screenshots, which i sincerely doubt as the lighting of the originals was completely off (they were edited, as could be seen when comparing the re-uploaded pictures with the first ones that were posted), then they clearly modified the resolution. Even if these are just regular screenshots, they're taken from an intermediary device (i.e. one of the devices processing the data for projection on a giant screen), not the device playing the game itself.

EDIT: Besides, for all we know, these could still be fake.

GLHS
04-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Again, look at the resolution of the pics. It's pathetic and obviously not AC level. Even if these are direct screenshots, which i sincerely doubt as the lighting of the originals was completely off (they were edited, as could be seen when comparing the re-uploaded pictures with the first ones that were posted), then they're taken from an intermediary device (i.e. one of the devices processing the data for projection on a giant screen), not the device playing the game itself.

Well god I hope not. They have a lot of work to do if it does indeed look like this. But from what I've heard, it doesn't, so that gives me hope. I'm still super excited to see the video, and really hope it's released within the next week or 2.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Well we know these aren't fake, but still. The amount of people I have seen on various forums saying "these graphics are **** what the hell is this!" is just annoying.

Edit: If anything, these low res screens make me want to see the demo more haha

Gil_217
04-08-2012, 12:18 PM
again, look at the resolution of the pics. It's pathetic and obviously not ac level. Even if these are direct screenshots, which i sincerely doubt as the lighting of the originals was completely off (they were edited, as could be seen when comparing the re-uploaded pictures with the first ones that were posted), then they clearly modified the resolution. Even if these are just regular screenshots, they're taken from an intermediary device (i.e. One of the devices processing the data for projection on a giant screen), not the device playing the game itself.

edit: Besides, for all we know, these could still be fake.

lol

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:34 PM
lol
At this time none of the pics have been officially confirmed as being actual leaks and we have no way of verifying the source. I think we all remember what happened the last time the entire forum believed a false rumor to be true. -__-

Sushiglutton
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree with those saying the screenshots look underwhelming. I wasn't expecting a huge graphical leap though. I'm sure Ubi is primarily developing for consoles and they are pretty much maxed out. Most important thing to me me is if they fixed the combat and expanded on the other gameplay elements. And of course what they are doing with the story.

Gil_217
04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
At this time none of the pics have been officially confirmed as being actual leaks and we have no way of verifying the source. I think we all remember what happened the last time the entire forum believed a false rumor to be true. -__-

The difference is, looking at all the replies here, I think that if those pics are fake, a lot of people would be happy.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
The difference is, looking at all the replies here, I think that if those pics are fake, a lot of people would be happy.
That doesn't matter. The point is that a lot of bad things come from assuming unverified rumors are true in any way, shape or form and again, these pictures are just too unreliable in both quality and source to base any conclusions on.

Gil_217
04-08-2012, 12:42 PM
That doesn't matter. The point is that a lot of bad things come from assuming unverified rumors are true in any way, shape or form and again, these pictures are just too unreliable in both quality and source to base any conclusions on.

Do you really believe they're fake?

LightRey
04-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Do you really believe they're fake?
I do not. However, at this point we don't even know if all these pics come from the same source. I would not be surprised if the first ones were real and the rest fakes with the HUD from the real ones plastered over them and once again, these are all unverified. At this point I'm not assuming anything.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 01:36 PM
It's allowed to post here right? Here goes, hopefully this will clear things up.
These aren't captured images, somebody got lucky shots and/or edited them to make them come out half decent, which would explain that shot that is without a HUD. This isn't a picture from in game. These were posted by some random person then spread.

Simple contrast fixes make them improve a lot. Example:

http://i40.tinypic.com/i4emox.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/hrlsw5.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/10e3mt3.jpg

The last one is the best depiction until we get an actual video. They have developed it way further than the low res pictures. Also, to clear something up, resolution is the quality of the picture, it has nothing to do with the game. Seeing as a simple contrast fix did so much, it can be assumed that the actual thing is much, much better. Now I'll post more pictures:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2d6k079.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2sbnwvr.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/faq5x1.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/20uopcl.png

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I do not. However, at this point we don't even know if all these pics come from the same source. I would not be surprised if the first ones were real and the rest fakes with the HUD from the real ones plastered over them and once again, these are all unverified. At this point I'm not assuming anything.

There are differences in the HUD for one picture, and the actual map has different things on it, you have to look carefully.

Edit: look at the above pictures, they map has different things on it, and there are 2 blocks at the bottom of the map full in some and not the other.

De Filosoof
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Let's hope those screenshots are from an early build because the textures from the rocks and grass look really ugly.
The environment looks really bland too. Looks almost like a ps2 war game.

D.I.D.
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Let's hope those screenshots are from an early build because the textures from the rocks and grass look really ugly.
The environment looks really bland too. Looks almost like a ps2 war game.

You're going to have to settle for some of that. They've done an amazing job with the characters and updating the engine, but ultimately it has to run on 7-year-old consoles. If we were on the next gen already then those leaves on the ground would be physics-controlled elements (like the PhysX-governed trash elements in Batman: Arkham City, which swirl around in the wind on the PC version), but for now we'll have to accept some things as outdated textures.

Crysis is getting pretty old, but even with extra years of development it still couldn't be translated to current consoles in all its glory.

In motion, it's going to be fine unless you play it with a hyper-critical eye.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
There are differences in the HUD for one picture, and the actual map has different things on it, you have to look carefully.

Edit: look at the above pictures, they map has different things on it, and there are 2 blocks at the bottom of the map full in some and not the other.
I'm not making any claims, just pointing out that no verification means no reliability.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
You're going to have to settle for some of that. They've done an amazing job with the characters and updating the engine, but ultimately it has to run on 7-year-old consoles. If we were on the next gen already then those leaves on the ground would be physics-controlled elements (like the PhysX-governed trash elements in Batman: Arkham City, which swirl around in the wind on the PC version), but for now we'll have to accept some things as outdated textures.

Crysis is getting pretty old, but even with extra years of development it still couldn't be translated to current consoles in all its glory.

Well there is the PC and the Wii U

LightRey
04-08-2012, 02:32 PM
From what I hear though is that the Wii U isn't as graphically up to date as people are claiming/expecting it to be. There are (anonymous) programmers from several game companies claiming that it's not even on par with current generation consoles.

LogiK_462
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM

Have any of you actually thought of the possibility that his leg is that way because Connor broke his leg before he attacked him with his knife?

TorQue1988
04-08-2012, 02:37 PM
From what I hear though is that the Wii U isn't as graphically up to date as people are claiming/expecting it to be. There are (anonymous) programmers from several game companies claiming that it's not even on par with current generation consoles.
Yeah i heard the same thing. It has some improvements but overall is not as capable as PS3 or Xbox 360, and has less shaders.
But i have high hopes for the PC version which will look amazing.

D.I.D.
04-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Yeah, perhaps. If it wasn't coming out on the Wii U, I wouldn't be too hopeful of seeing any additional graphical features in the PC version, but there is that slim chance that the PC and Wii U together will justify their inclusion. I'm sure if the Wii U version has major engine differences then we'll know about it soon, since Nintendo is going to want everyone to know about the advantages of their new machine over the competition (if it is better).

I have my doubts though. I'm still sticking with my GTX280 for this year's games, and maybe I'll get something from the GTX600 range next year.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Please, don't let the Wii could your Wii U judgement in any way, they are in no way alike. Completely ignore the Wii's existence and judge it for its capabilities.

I have seen its power and I have read the official reports of it. The Wii U is the first Next Gen Console and is definitely more powerful the Xbox 360 and PS3.

It is runs a native 1080i. The controller being 1080p I believe.

pacmanate
04-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah, don't believe this bull about the Wii U not being powerful. Look up the Zelda gameplay, that looks amazing

LightRey
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, don't believe this bull about the Wii U not being powerful. Look up the Zelda gameplay, that looks amazing
I'm sure it'll work well for Nintendo titles. It's the titles from independent game companies that I don't expect to be as good.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm sure it'll work well for Nintendo titles. It's the titles from independent game companies that I don't expect to be as good.

Wuht? I don't see why not?

Can you explain your reasoning here because quite frankly that made no sense.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Wuht? I don't see why not?

Can you explain your reasoning here because quite frankly that made no sense.
Well for one because they are the ones who are expressing their annoyance with it. One of their main complaints was apparently it having very few shaders, which I can very easily imagine is very annoying. It'll look good detail-wise (maybe), but it seems the effects are going to be very limited.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Well for one because they are the ones who are expressing their annoyance with it. One of their main complaints was apparently it having very few shaders, which I can very easily imagine is very annoying. It'll look good detail-wise (maybe), but it seems the effects are going to be very limited.

Link?

LightRey
04-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Link?
Well my original source was a Dutch article, but I'll see what I can find.

Ah, here's something (http://www.videogamer.com/news/wii_u_graphics_not_as_powerful_as_ps3_and_xbox_360 .html).

De Filosoof
04-08-2012, 04:38 PM

True, but if you look at previous AC games the textures from bricks and walls looked really nice! I hope they will still be as beautiful.
If you ask me, they almost achieved the impossible for current gen with the season changes and different types of snow.
That's amazing for an open-word game.
I just hope the frontier won't look this bland like the screenshots.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 04:43 PM
This is the most ironic thing I've ever read. You of all people are taking completely random anonymous words that popped out of nowhere and from all we know could be some random kid (I have been looking through dozens of sites, everything keeps saying the person is unknown), as a factual source.

Coming from you of all people, that is extremely ironic.

You are letting the Wii cloud your judgement. The Wii, which was a great step up from the GameCube did live up to its potential at the time it was released. Now, the Wii U is something else. Don't forget that Nintendo was always at the top of the chain, up to 2-3 years after the Wiis release. With the rise of online multiplayer for which it wasn't catered for. This isn't an upgrade of the Wii, you seem to be letting the name get to you.

The Wii U is something else it is Next-Gen with next gen power.

The tech is totally outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVO32RGYs5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw

LightRey
04-08-2012, 04:46 PM
This is the most ironic thing I've ever read. You of all people are taking completely random anonymous words that popped out of nowhere and from all we know could be some random kid (I have been looking through dozens of sites, everything keeps saying the person is unknown), as a factual source.

Coming from you of all people, that is extremely ironic.

You are letting the Wii cloud your judgement. The Wii, which was a great step up from the GameCube did live up to its potential at the time it was released. Now, the Wii U is something else. Don't forget that Nintendo was always at the top of the chain, up to 2-3 years after the Wiis release. With the rise of online multiplayer for which it wasn't catered for. This isn't an upgrade of the Wii, you seem to be letting the name get to you.

The Wii U is something else it is Next-Gen with next gen power.

The tech is totally outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVO32RGYs5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shch7LNkVXw
I'm not letting the Wii cloud my judgement. I'm simply being realistic and the low amount of shaders worries me deeply. A few loose pieces of game material prove nothing.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm not letting the Wii cloud my judgement. I'm simply being realistic and the low amount of shaders worries me deeply. A few loose pieces of game material prove nothing.

That isn't even true though. You are taking a random anonymous person's words as facts over what is shown. Realistically the Wii U, a Next Generation Console will be superior to the previous generation and that has been shown.

JCearlyyears
04-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I wont jump to any conclusions. It looks good, so far. I'd have to see more to be convinced.

(Lightrey, you said it worries you deeply. I can't imagine your reaction when something serious happens. :) )

LightRey
04-08-2012, 05:12 PM
That isn't even true though. You are taking a random anonymous person's words as facts over what is shown. Realistically the Wii U, a Next Generation Console will be superior to the previous generation and that has been shown.
Just because it's called "next generation" doesn't mean it's better. I obviously don't know if the console really has that few shaders, but if it does I can basically guarantee you game developers will not like it and the animations will be horrible.

reini03
04-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Keep in mind that these 'random anonymous persons' are developers working on games for that console...

frogger504
04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Just because it's called "next generation" doesn't mean it's better. I obviously don't know if the console really has that few shaders, but if it does I can basically guarantee you game developers will not like it and the animations will be horrible.

You shouldn't even be using it as an example in discussion, you of all people should know that. This isn't even a source, it's what one random person said.

You've always come at a somewhat reasonable person with extreme bias in many cases but this time let your reason take hold. Actually consider "evidence" (quotation marks because I want to use the word lightly) and make your reasoning based on that, not a singular random post. Actually watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LxiFkw5BA&feature=relmfu

Question, what is it that is making you be so strongly against the Wii U?
You seem to have many doubts about it and you have already stated the Wii has nothing to do with it, so what is it?

UrDeviant1
04-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one who could care less about Nintendo and their range of 'Wii's' ?

To me It's gimmicky, and could never compete with the likes of Xbox and PS (unless you count sales of course ;) )

You can't beat playing on a graphically superior console, with controller In hand, imo.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 05:24 PM
You shouldn't even be using it as an example, you of all people should know that. This isn't even a source, it's what one random person said.

You've always come at a somewhat reasonable person with extreme bias in many cases but this time let your reason take hold. Actually consider "evidence" (quotation marks because I want to use the word lightly) and make your reasoning based on that, not a singular random post. Actually watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LxiFkw5BA&feature=relmfu

Question, what is it that is making you be so strongly against the Wii U?
You seem to have many doubts about it and you have already stated the Wii has nothing to do with it, so what is it?

You keep assuming I've already made up my mind. I haven't. The detail looks great, but look closely at the videos. Notice how there are never more than a few things moving at the same time. That's quite likely because the console has so few shaders. Shaders handle how many effects can be handled at a single time. You'll start experiencing extreme lag as soon as more than a few moving objects have to be rendered.

Am I the only one who could care less about Nintendo and their range of 'Wii's' ?

To me It's gimmicky, and could never compete with the likes of Xbox and PS (unless you count sales of course ;) )

You can't beat playing on a graphically superior console, with controller In hand, imo.

I mostly worry for the Nintendo fanboys. I really don't care for Nintendo itself anymore. To me that company died years ago.

frogger504
04-08-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvdP2TNBHE&feature=relmfu

reini03
04-08-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUvdP2TNBHE&feature=relmfu

Oh come on... I don't have anything against the Wii U or Nintendo, but even my crapware GPU could render this at 100 fps...

frogger504
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh come on... I don't have anything against the Wii U or Nintendo, but even my crapware GPU could render this at 100 fps...

This video represents the controller tech not hardware capabilities.

reini03
04-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Oh, I thought you had posted this as a response to Rey's statement that there are never more than a few things moving on-screen. Whatever.

LightRey
04-08-2012, 07:34 PM
The controller tech is not the least bit interesting to me. It's just another one of those pointless Nintendo gimmicks like the DS touchscreen or the 3D of the 3DS.

GLHS
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I agree with most of you. Could care less about Nintendo. They've been desperate to stay in the console race for a long time now, and have always fallen short. Wii U should've been released when the Wii was and the Wii never should've existed. Then they would've had a chance to be in the running. However, the stuff that's been shown that the Wii U can do is far from "Next Gen." It's no better looking that what we have now in the top AAA games, and we honestly shouldn't be impressed with what it's doing. That's what it should be doing at this time. It's f*cking 2012. Visually, I see nothing better than what we can do now on the PS3 or PC. The controller, although pretty cool, is bulky and having the touch screen on it is, while a decent idea, distracting from the on screen tv experience. The only thing I see that is different from what we have now is the control that changed the lighting from day to night. There shouldn't be any awe whatsoever in these features. This is what games have been looking like for years now, and what they should look like. There is absolutely no excuse for having a graphically low end game on today's consoles. None. People are in awe b/c it's Nintendo. B/c they've created something good looking 6 years after everybody else did.

And btw, I wouldn't get too comfortable with the promises made of what it can do either. Nintendo always falls short. Always. They always leave their fans disappointed. The Gamecube, the Wii, the 3DS. This will too. They're a bit too late, seeings how they're finally releasing something current gen on the eve of next gen. As much as I don't want it right now, next gen seems to be releasing in a year or 2. Way to try and desperately catch up, Nintendo. As always.

Mr_Shade
04-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Guys lets not start a console war :D

Re the screenshots....

There are NO official screenshots released from PAX at present - any screenshots you see should be considered as leaks, and do not reflect the standard of image that Ubisoft would release.

I see people are trying to judge the game from low resolution very compressed images.. You should not really judge the game by these screens..

For example - texture detail may be lost due to the compression and resolution. Animation is a major factor and that may look "odd" when a static image of a fight is seen (for example)

I personally would ask people to use the images as a guide only - for the hud and other minior things, the darker retouched images are more in keeping with the general standard to expect - however as I said, they are not the official versions - so detail is lost and you should not judge the final game by these,

Console vs PC may have different levels of detail - so that may explain some differences (however remember this game is not finalised at present, so there is time to alter things)

These images may be removed - once we get word back - since I'm sure you guys would not like to be misled by the quality of these, and the Dev team may not want their product displayed in this way.

So... What I'm trying to say for those who don't like reading long posts:

Lets wait for the official versions and game play videos please - before you judge the game :D

Mr_Shade
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
My beef with that, is why aren't they high resolution? If Dom1999 was told that its okay to post them, then Ubisoft must of leaked them, otherwise there would be a deleting spree like there was when the gameinformer pictures came out early
Just a quickie about this..

The screens are not official.. However due to the fact these images are everywhere, we have decided to leave them here for the time being..(note the time being)

Same as game informer images, once they were leaked to lots of sites, there was no point in removing them from the forums..

This may change once we get word from the Dev team though - since personally, these screenshots are not doing the game any favour (and I can say that since I saw it in action..)

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Just a quickie about this..

The screens are not official.. However due to the fact these images are everywhere, we have decided to leave them here for the time being..(note the time being)

Same as game informer images, once they were leaked to lots of sites, there was no point in removing them from the forums..

This may change once we get word from the Dev team though - since personally, these screenshots are not doing the game any favour (and I can say that since I saw it in action..)

I like quickies, and I agree with the screens not doing any favours!

Mr_Shade
04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Same reason the gameplay was shown behind closed doors..

The footage shown is alpha, so may change so may not be final in terms of sound track, animation or artwork...

The press are aware of this, as are people attending the pre views - this is why it's not public.. Since it may not be ready for a wide release.

I know that people are saying they "know and don't care" however the knee jerk reaction to these poor screenshots, show how much people do care, and run away with ideas or slate the game on those images..

If the footage is released, I expect more of the same negative feedback, due to someone spotting a shadow glitch or a poorly placed bush...

pacmanate
04-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Same reason the gameplay was shown behind closed doors..

The footage shown is alpha, so may change so may not be final in terms of sound track, animation or artwork...

The press are aware of this, as are people attending the pre views - this is why it's not public.. Since it may not be ready for a wide release.

I know that people are saying they "know and don't care" however the knee jerk reaction to these poor screenshots, show how much people do care, and run away with ideas or slate the game on those images..

If the footage is released, I expect more of the same negative feedback, due to someone spotting a shadow glitch or a poorly placed bush...

I'm not trying to argue here but couldn't they just say "Alpha build february 2012" or something?

Mr_Shade
04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm not trying to argue here but couldn't they just say "Alpha build february 2012" or something?Well it's been said many times that the screens are from that.. And looked what happened..

DavisP92
04-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Well it's been said many times that the screens are from that.. And looked what happened..

i think the reason why i was shocked and surprised with why the graphics were bad in my mind (compared to the original screenshots), was that i thought that the reveal of the game is what it looks like at this moment. so when they showed it a month later and it looks worse i was like "what the..." but lets just see what it looks like when they finally show the gameplay to the public.

EscoBlades
04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Why some of you still don't pay FULL attention to Mr Shade and Black Widow is truly beyond me.

They ARE the official voice around here.

GeneralTrumbo
04-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Why some of you still don't pay FULL attention to Mr Shade and Black Widow is truly beyond me.

They ARE the official voice around here.
No i r.