PDA

View Full Version : Ideas For Assassins Creed III

YoooDonny
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
1) One problem i occasionally found in the last 2 AC's is that, because the rooftops are now all very different heights its difficult to get a smooth run like in AC1 and 2, where you could run on the rooftops without your run being interrupted by a taller building, at least for just a bit. They just need to allow for smoother getaways

2) the game needs to create an incentive to evade the templars and other enemies. because, as cool as this whole free running away from guards then: blend in, hide in hay stacks, sit on benches to evade stuff is, theres really just no need. i always just fight them, which gets repetitive, but its less hastle (but just as fun) than running away. they need to make it a greater hastle to stay and fight. not necessarily by making the fighting harder coz i do like how i jus tear them, but jus create some sort of incentive to evade instead, like making levels of notoriety, with a max limit like 6, jus like stars in gta.
level 1: standard guards (swords, axes, spears, agile guards) - level 2: plus archers - level 3: plus heavy armour guards - level 4: plus marksmen - level 5: plus cavalry - level 6: plus frequent templar stalkers

Sushiglutton
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I thought the height differenc was pretty cool and made the cities mor believable. Second point I agree it's not optimal, but it's somewhat tricky to solve. Like u said you can't be both a killing machine and at the same time be forced to run. But I think your idea of calling in backup could be cool. Facing too many enemies armed with guns could be a scenario were Connor has to run to stay alive. Especially if you're low on ammo.

Captain Tomatoz
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Well considering that AC3 isn't set in the renaissance, I doubt that Leonardo's flying machine will even feature.

I agree about the incentive to run. AC1 and AC2 fights lasted a lot longer because Ezio didn't have streak kills, this meant that I would prefer to run as this would be the quicker option to continue what I was doing before alerting the guards. After ubisoft introduced the streaks it made fighting really quick as you could take out about 10 guards in less than a minute. So fighting was the best option. (I still tried to run away as much as I could though :D)

As for the different sized buildings, I agree with Sushiglutton. Having different sized buildings made the cities more believable. Also you would have to adapt, like an assassin should, to your surroundings and take different routes.

naran6142
04-06-2012, 04:30 PM
leo's machines should remain an Ezio thing... it wouldn't suit connor at all

#2 is true as the easiest and fastest route was normally to fight but from what ive heard they are trying really hard to fix this stuff

OriginalMiles
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think this guy knows ACIII has been in dev for 3 years, or know that it's about Connor...

GunnarGunderson
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd like the NPCs to be more realistic like in RDR or Skyrim where they go to sleep at night.

I would love waiting in a tree until night and then killing my target in his sleep

Noble6
04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I'd like the NPCs to be more realistic like in RDR or Skyrim where they go to sleep at night.

I would love waiting in a tree until night and then killing my target in his sleep
From what I have heard NPCs are promissed to be a lot more realistic.They are more aware of each other and will for example run into houses if it starts raining.

pacmanate
04-06-2012, 05:30 PM
They've already stated that taking a bullet will do considerably more damage that in has in past games. This alone will make combat harder if you've been shot 2 or 3 times.
They have also stopped medicine. You no longer generate health IN fights. You have to run away and lose them to start regenerating health.

zsuti1
04-06-2012, 07:28 PM
1.) I think they should add a co-operative mode, where you can play splitscreen with the max number of players, or online. I always wanted aco-op mode for Assassin's Creed.
2.) They shouldmake the guards more clever, for example in previous AC games I ran from guards and I entered a hiding place on a rooftop,the guard came near the hiding place, I became incognito again, so I quit the hiding place, I walk near the guard and heseems to forgot who he was chasing 2 seconds ago.

YoooDonny
04-07-2012, 12:18 AM
i know the flying machine is from rome but i thought it could have just been passed down i guess. idk just a though. but anyway they do really need to work on my number 2 idea, and yeah its true the different heights of buildings does make it more credible. thanks for positive feedback. anymore ideas anyone?

YoooDonny
04-07-2012, 12:26 AM
1.) I think they should add a co-operative mode, where you can play splitscreen with the max number of players, or online. I always wanted aco-op mode for Assassin's Creed.
2.) They shouldmake the guards more clever, for example in previous AC games I ran from guards and I entered a hiding place on a rooftop,the guard came near the hiding place, I became incognito again, so I quit the hiding place, I walk near the guard and heseems to forgot who he was chasing 2 seconds ago.

yeah for your second idea, mafia sorted that issue out very well. if you havent played it or seen it look it up to check. but basically (obviously you would have to bear in mind mafia is based in the modern age) if you had been spotted committing a crime, you would have to evade, and then once you do, the police have stopped chasing but are on high alert, and so if they see you, just like in assassins creed, the curiosity bar starts to fill and if it does, you return back to the same level of notoriety you had before you evaded. the cops will no longer recognise you however once you change your clothes. and if they spotted you in a car, you would have to change the number plate in order to drive without sparking suspicion. thye should incorporate this into AC baring in mind the era obviously