PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 will have 'more modern day sections than ever before'

AlexEzio89
04-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Desmond "a big part" of 2012 instalment, says writer

Assassin's Creed 3 is set to include more modern day Desmond gameplay than any previous series entry, lead writer Matt Turner's revealed.

Ubisoft's previously said it plans to end Creed protagonist Desmond's story before December 2012 - the in-game date when a world-ending catastrophe is due to occur.

But, speaking to CVG at a recent London reveal event, writer Turner wasn't ready to spill any hardcore spoilers:

"All I can say about Desmond's story is you're going to experience more Desmond than you've ever had before," he said. "We're spending more time on the present than we have in past games.

"It's a big part of our story and I don't really want to give too many details away because I want people to experience what that is. But rest assured, you're going to see a lot of Desmond. More so than in any past game."

Assassin's Creed 3 previews went live late last month, and you can read ours through that very link. We also published a pair of video interviews with creative director Alex Hutchinson and senior producer Francois Pelland.

SOURCE: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342572/assassins-creed-3-will-have-more-modern-day-sections-than-ever-before/

Dralight
04-06-2012, 10:27 AM
I've read a few interviews where they say the same thing, I wonder what Desmond's gameplay will actually consist of though? I'd imagine he'll be assassinating at least a couple of Templars, maybe there will be some platforming stuff too (not the first person kind). I'd be happy if they gave us some more specific details like that, although I doubt they could say much more without spoiling stuff.

YoooDonny
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
i dont like this, coz it keeps interrupting gameplay. i dont like in revelations how they put the altair parts in, not that its not a good idea i jus dont like how it interrupted gameplay. they should jus make the first and last chapters about desmond or something instead of all these interruptions

pirate1802
04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
i dont like this, coz it keeps interrupting gameplay. i dont like in revelations how they put the altair parts in, not that its not a good idea i jus dont like how it interrupted gameplay. they should jus make the first and last chapters about desmond or something instead of all these interruptions

I thought those Altair segments were amazing.

OriginalMiles
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Interrupting gameplay? How about we just take out Desmond altogether and have a Connor game...

NO! Desmond will not interrupt the game, that's like saying cutscenes interrupt the game.

goclo822
04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Agreed, Desmond can't possibly interrupt the game because, whether people like it or not, Desmond is the game. His storyline is the most important to the game and you cannot have the ancestor gameplay and storyline without the protagonist which is currently Desmond. If they make a game later on down the road with just an ancestor, that is fine. But right now, Desmond's storyline hasn't been finished and taking into consideration that this is suppose to be his last game, I think it should definitely be jam packed with Desmond gameplay. Very happy with this news. :)

berserker134
04-07-2012, 02:05 AM
true he is da game .

DeSabellis
04-07-2012, 02:20 AM
I think it's a given that he has to assassinate somebody. He walked in the first game, finally ran (and fought) in the second, climbed a lot in brotherhood, and slept through revelations (obviously with a grain of sarcasm). I feel like Revelations kind of implied that Daniel Cross was going to be probably come into contact with Desmond... so who knows? I'm excited to see more finally.

Ayreons-Will
04-07-2012, 02:25 AM
I am excited too, I am all about a possible future game strictly with an ancestor but Desmond's Segments have never interrupted game play. I am uber excited to see what they have in store.

KH_Austin
04-07-2012, 02:25 AM
I wonder if we will get to see some action between Desmond and Daniel.. would be pretty epic, considering what we saw back on the muliplayer videos. Wouldn't you all guys agree?

frogger504
04-07-2012, 02:28 AM
I think we shouldn't overreact and get hyped up. The best we've ever had was running around in a small village. They don't really have to do much to give more than ever before.

SixKeys
04-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I wonder if we will get to see some action between Desmond and Daniel..

Where's the "if you know what I mean" image when you need it?

KH_Austin
04-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Lol... but I'm just curious is all, SixKeys.

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM

and they call me naughty :p

LightRey
04-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned by the new forum rules. -__-

KH_Austin
04-07-2012, 10:11 PM
It was kind of getting old, you know. And LightRey, now that Assassin_M is gone, you are the new Grand Master of the Assassin Order Forum. Teach us well, Mentor!!

LightRey
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
It was kind of getting old, you know. And LightRey, now that Assassin_M is gone, you are the new Grand Master of the Assassin Order Forum. Teach us well, Mentor!!
I will. xD
I'm actually somewhat surprised that so many of you think of me with such respect. xD

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I will. xD
I'm actually somewhat surprised that so many of you think of me with such respect. xD

u and M are legends xD i`ll try to be like u guys some day

LightRey
04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
My advice: stay rational during discussions and don't jump to conclusions. ;)

KH_Austin
04-07-2012, 10:36 PM

Agreed, and same here! Of course, it takes time to be an Mentor and Grand Master of the Assassin Order Forum.. But I'll work my **** off to just do that, along with others here, I'm sure. Lol.

Oh, LightRey, I don't know if you know this; but there's a new video with UbiGabe and EscoBlades... It was strange but funny at the same time.

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 10:36 PM
My advice: stay rational during discussions and don't jump to conclusions. ;)

i`ll do ma best and make u and hopefully M proud

LightRey
04-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Agreed, and same here! Of course, it takes time to be an Mentor and Grand Master of the Assassin Order Forum.. But I'll work my **** off to just do that, along with others here, I'm sure. Lol.

Oh, LightRey, I don't know if you know this; but there's a new video with UbiGabe and EscoBlades... It was strange but funny at the same time.
Yeah, I noticed. I was kinda busy today and I'm kinda tired, so I'll likely watch it later. :p

KH_Austin
04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Lol, awesome. :P

Razrback16
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I just hope they don't kill Desmond off or anything....he IS the story, and I look forward to hopefully seeing him continue to become a more and more hardcore assassin.

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I just hope they don't kill Desmond off or anything....he IS the story, and I look forward to hopefully seeing him continue to become a more and more hardcore assassin.

I was under the impression AC3 is Desmond's last game...

LightRey
04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I was under the impression AC3 is Desmond's last game...
I'm still not entirely sure if that's completely the case. I'm pretty sure they said ACIII would end Desmond's story, but I'm not sure what that means exactly. Maybe they'll just start a new story with Desmond afterwards, idk.

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm still not entirely sure if that's completely the case. I'm pretty sure they said ACIII would end Desmond's story, but I'm not sure what that means exactly. Maybe they'll just start a new story with Desmond afterwards, idk.

That would be ridiculously anticlimactic in my opinion. But I guess starting over from scratch would be difficult and Desmond provides an easy bridge between games already.

E. Didn't realize the d word was censored.

SixKeys
04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm fairly certain that by saying this game will end Desmond's story, they mean it will be the last game where we play as Desmond. It's possible he might have a cameo in future games, maybe as the assassin mentor, but he won't be the protagonist anymore.

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm fairly certain that by saying this game will end Desmond's story, they mean it will be the last game where we play as Desmond. It's possible he might have a cameo in future games, maybe as the assassin mentor, but he won't be the protagonist anymore.
That makes me wonder...what if Desmond goes down in history as some kind of legend?

SixKeys
04-08-2012, 02:06 AM
He better start doing some pretty legendary things in AC3 in order to do that. Up till now he's mostly been faffing about climbing some buildings and hitting Abstergo guards with sticks.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 02:09 AM
He better start doing some pretty legendary things in AC3 in order to do that. Up till now he's mostly been faffing about climbing some buildings and hitting Abstergo guards with sticks.
Saving the world seems like enough to become a legend.

shobhit7777777
04-08-2012, 04:20 AM
That makes me wonder...what if Desmond goes down in history as some kind of legend?

Of course....as a legendary dolt.

XD

Sorry...but I will take any chance I get to steer the AC franchise's focus away from Desmond. I will literally PAY good money to have him and his sections from AC3 removable as a DLC...replaced with a new weapon or missions.

I agree with SixKeys though. Desmond really needs to pull his socks up.

GeneralTrumbo
04-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Of course....as a legendary dolt.

XD

Sorry...but I will take any chance I get to steer the AC franchise's focus away from Desmond. I will literally PAY good money to have him and his sections from AC3 removable as a DLC...replaced with a new weapon or missions.

I agree with SixKeys though. Desmond really needs to pull his socks up.
Quit being so hostile with your opinions. That could easily get you banned from these forums, which I honestly wouldn't mind. There isn't room for trolls on the forums.