PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Grand Master Robes

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I was a bit surprised to see that this has gotten little to no discussion at all here, so... Does anyone else think Altair's Grand Master robes (I refuse to say "Mentor" - that just sounds so lame... the highest-ranking leader of an Assassins sect was referred to as "Grand Master", or "Master", in the AC1 days, and that's what I'll stick with) as shown in the two final Altair memories in ACR is completely and utterly awesome?:D

Would you have liked it better if the texture of Al Mualim's robes remained unchained from the first game? Because it seems that Altair's Grand Master robes are supposed to mirror Al Mualim's robes with the exception of being white - so think it would have been interesting to see how they would've looked had Al Mualim's robes texture not been changed.

Lastly, was I the only one disappointed that we didn't get to see Altair wearing "Altair's Armor" from AC2 in at least one of the memories from his later life? In A New Regime, maybe?

SixKeys
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Didn't the Codex in AC2 say something like Alta´r made sure to hide the armor after maknig it because he was afraid it would fall into the wrong hands? Maybe he only wore it once or twice.

I do like his mentor robes. I think the change in style was to signify a change from Al Mualim's regime, or maybe just a fashion statement. :rolleyes: I like wearing the mentor skin since it looks more simplistic and assassin-like, unlike the bear costumes they insisted on giving Ezio.