PDA

View Full Version : Those Who Came Before Created the Technology for the Animus?

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
In this (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Animus#Animus_1.0) entry on the AC Wiki, about the Animus, it is stated (cite note 1) that the technology which served as the basis for the creation of the Animus was originally developed by TWCB, and merely re-discovered by Abstergo later on. When clicking on the cite note, it only directs the reader to the reference "Assassin's Creed 2". My question is, when in AC2 is it stated? Is it somewhere in the mobile games or in the "expanded universe" (books, apps etc.)? I distinctly remember that in AC1, Vidic claimed to have discovered the existence of genetic memory "through his research", and as such, I assumed he was also the one responsible for the planning and creation of the Animus, which allowed him to implement his findings into his actual research and search for the Pieces of Eden. Is this a plot hole, or simply a plot twist from AC2 I don't remember?

ProletariatPleb
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I do remember Vidic saying that Abstergo only 'found' the "gifts" given by TWCB in AC1.

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I do remember Vidic saying that Abstergo only 'found' the "gifts" given by TWCB in AC1.
I do too, but I always figured that when he said that, he was referring to the fact that Abstergo ["or its predecessors]) was (supposedly) responsible for "every single breakthrough of the past millennia, be it medical, mechanical or philosophical" - thus saying that they actually find these things and take credit for them as breakthroughs on their part. It never crossed my mind that he could be also referring to the Animus by that saying.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Tbh, I can't think of anything in ACII either. I know that the devs pretty much said that the animus is at least in part based on the same tech as the seals in ACR, but I honestly can't think of anything in ACII.

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Tbh, I can't think of anything in ACII either. I know that the devs pretty much said that the animus is at least in part based on the same tech as the seals in ACR, but I honestly can't think of anything in ACII.
When did they say that?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:27 PM
When did they say that?
Some time before ACR was released it was explained in an interview with Alex Amancio I think.

DylanJosh9
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I also remember someone saying that.

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Some time before ACR was released it was explained in an interview with Alex Amancio I think.

I also remember someone saying that.
Is there a chance for a link, maybe?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Is there a chance for a link, maybe?
I'll see what I can find.

Sukramo
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Most likely Abstergo got their hands on one or more memeory discs and managed to make them work as an Animus.

Same thing probably goes for telephones, they are probably derived from crystal skulls.

DiamondBlade_R
04-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I'll see what I can find.

Thanks mate. :)

Most likely Abstergo got their hands on one or more memeory discs and managed to make them work as an Animus.

Same thing probably goes for telephones, they are probably derived from crystal skulls.
You mean "memory discs" as in the Masyaf Keys?

MoneyForBoobs
04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
You mean "memory discs" as in the Masyaf Keys?
looks like it