PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed I - Flag collection - HELP!

Barneyboy69
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I have arrived at Assassin's Creed I !

I have only had my PS3 a short time and Assassins Creed always appealed to me. So much so that I wanted to start the story from the very beginning - so I managed to get a copy of Assassin's Creed 1! I have also bought AC II, Brotherhood and revelations in readiness. I dare say I'll also buy AC III when it is released at the back end of the year.

I'm a long way from finishing but there is one flag I cannot seem to get at. It's in the Roman Ruins atop a column. There are actually 2 flags atop 2 different columns. I managed to get the one by jumping from another column but I can't seem to jump to access the top of the other column at all.

Any tips?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
You need to use ledge grab (an ability unlocked about halfway through the game).

SixKeys
04-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Even then you really need to time the jump just right. I remember that flag was the most frustrating one to me the first time I played the game.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Even then you really need to time the jump just right. I remember that flag was the most frustrating one to me the first time I played the game.
Yeah, I remember on my last playthrough I missed it a couple of times too. It's really annoying.

Barneyboy69
06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I have very nearly finished the first game - I will be off to the Plains of Arsuf very soon! I am just wandering around the 3 cities cleaning up the flags, (everything else is done and dusted).

I still haven't managed to get at the one in the ruins though!

Referring to the Prima strategy guide, (of which I managed to get a very good copy), I am having trouble clearing up the flags in Damascus. (the Middle District to be precise). There seems to be some errors with the flag numbering.

Numbers 23 and 26 are missing and a 34 which shouldn't be there, (there are only supposed to be 33 in total in the Middle District.

Is there any way I can get an updated map of the flag positions as this is really narking me!

It would have been a good idea with the complexity of the layout of the 3 cities to include some sort of guide to collecting the flags other than telling you how many you have collected and how many are left.

I almost ready to load and go with ACII - can't wait - but this time I am going to follow the guide more closely.

Locopells
06-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Check this site out.

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/

Barneyboy69
06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I am pleased to say that I have completed the game!

Despite the problems I was experiencing I got through the 10 against 1 battle and beat Robert De Sable.

One thing that really annoyed me was that my Altaiir kept changing to the short blade without me asking him to when I really wanted him to stay with the sword. Anybody noticed this happening?

I have now loaded up AC2 and have gone through all the preliminary stuff but had to shut down on orders from "she who will be obeyed" just as I was heading off for his girlfriends bedroom (ha ha!).

I am really looking forward to getting into this one after going through the very impressive introduction.

Where's the best place to get help if, (sorry, when) I need it? Is there as much independant backup for this sequel?