PDA

View Full Version : more interactive blending in AC3

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40420/features/assassins-creed-3-boston-new-york-and-the-wilderness/

now a lot of this interview may be about stuff we already knew about, apart from this:

"Intriguingly, blending in now means taking part in discreet, tailor-made actions. "We didn't want to have any more blending randomly, we wanted more specificity. So any time there's two or more people doing something, say, painting a house, you can go up and you'll paint the house. You'll join in the action of the group."

im interested to see what else they do with this, what do you think?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Wow, that sounds pretty cool. I'm just going to start painting houses for fun.

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
yeah, do you reckon you could choose colours? have a little painting mini game in there

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
yeah, do you reckon you could choose colours? have a little painting mini game in there
xD
You could write something on the walls in paint mocking the guards you're trying to avoid. xDDD

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
xD
You could write something on the walls in paint mocking the guards you're trying to avoid. xDDD
and then guy who owns the house would chase after you for ruining it

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
and then guy who owns the house would chase after you for ruining it
Considering the awesome things we've heard so far about this game, I could actually see that happening. xD

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 10:52 AM
and every time you go back to that house you see in big letters

​GO BACK TO ENGLAND ARSEHOLES!
painted on the house

DavisP92
04-05-2012, 10:59 AM
and every time you go back to that house you see in big letters

​GO BACK TO ENGLAND ARSEHOLES!
painted on the house

LOL that would be funny to see. i wonder what other blending opportunities we will get

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
yea the blending sounds fun, maybe blending in the army aswell as a redcoat??? xD
Or connor howling like a wolf so he blends in with the pack, lmao

True_Assassin92
04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I'd like Connor to have an eagle pet to send out and look for enemies. The eagle has been an iconic figure for AC, but never were we able to use it. I hope we get it this time, because we've actually seen one in the trailer flying over a valley. I would really like it!

SaintPerkele
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Painting houses you say?
http://www.eternalidol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/romanes-eunt-domus.jpg

"Rubensabollaes eunt Domus". I'm no expert in Latin, but Rubensabollaes should be the closest to Redcoats I can come up with :P

SixKeys
04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Already knew about the new blending system, but this bit was news to me:

"Weather will affect your behaviour but will also affect the NPCs and the animals as well. You want to have a city where, when it rains, people will start moving around and getting to shelter quickly."

I'm really happy about both of these tweaks. The blending sounds like it'll be fun and it definitely adds more realism that people will react to weather in different ways. I wonder if the same applies to the day/night cycle? Less people on the streets during the night, perhaps, or only certain types of NPCs (thieves, drunks, night watchmen etc.)? It would be a bit odd if you had people outside trying to paint a house in the middle of the night.

pacmanate
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I want to paint my horse :P RAINBOW HORSE FTW

albertwesker22
04-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Cool right? Atleast when Connor has done all he can in AC 3, he'll have something to fall back on ;)

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
maybe there'll be a painters club he can join

travilanche
04-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I didn't know Tom Sawyer was going to be a character in this game! :cool:

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I didn't know Tom Sawyer was going to be a character in this game! :cool:
yes, he is the master of the painting club

travilanche
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I may have to give him the hidden blade.....if painting turns out to be not quite so fun as he has indicated.

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
ah my gawd, i want to go around graffiting everything

Timeaus
04-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Maybe there will be missions where Connor will be asked to parkour around a house and paint it within a time limit, heck we(as player) might even get to design and build our own house or assassins hideout, that would be nice:)

Josegtx13
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Blending in is going to be a lot more fun now! :D

POP1Fan
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Already knew about the new blending system, but this bit was news to me:

"Weather will affect your behaviour but will also affect the NPCs and the animals as well. You want to have a city where, when it rains, people will start moving around and getting to shelter quickly."

I'm really happy about both of these tweaks. The blending sounds like it'll be fun and it definitely adds more realism that people will react to weather in different ways. I wonder if the same applies to the day/night cycle? Less people on the streets during the night, perhaps, or only certain types of NPCs (thieves, drunks, night watchmen etc.)? It would be a bit odd if you had people outside trying to paint a house in the middle of the night.

I am now picturing a glitch where people would run to find shelter from the rain during a sunny day xD

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I am now picturing a glitch where people would run to find shelter from the rain during a sunny day xD
if they were british i could understand, we don't see the sun much

Captain Tomatoz
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Using a paintbrush to paint enemies would be funny :D

naran6142
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I'd like Connor to have an eagle pet to send out and look for enemies. The eagle has been an iconic figure for AC, but never were we able to use it. I hope we get it this time, because we've actually seen one in the trailer flying over a valley. I would really like it!

well word on the street is that we can use dogs to track targets soo who knows...

OriginalMiles
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
This is what I'll do,
Paint the Assassin's address on a house and see if any guards appear at the hideout, then use a dog to track an enemy and paint him red while stabbing him with my tomahawk and hidden blade then carry his body to the house I painted and drop him then kill a bear and go back to the house, if there're guards I'll just go on a killing spree with my tomahawk and sword while punching a civilian to death then go home and play Assassin's Creed III.

I'm kidding.
I don't have a tomahawk.

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Connor kenway

Hunter
Killer
Painter

travilanche
04-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Hidden paintbrush FTW!

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 10:15 PM
It's in Connors blood to paint, didn't native americans paint their faces with stripes and stuff?

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Hidden paintbrush FTW!

Hello mr kenway, I have a new blade design I think you'll find quite intriguing...

What is it benjy? A grapple?

No, no, no, my friend it is a paintbrush! Now you can paint insults in secret!

I'd like your face to meet my other hidden blade mr franklin

*deflects with hidden brush* ha ha, nothing can defeat the paintbrush! Nothing!

In what way is it useful?

Your surrounded by guards, no escape, then suddenly, ta da, you paint there eyes and blind them! Creating a distraction and giving you time to escape

Or I could kill my way out of it

smengler
04-05-2012, 11:41 PM
"The standard North American paintblade has two parts, you see. The brush, and the blade. So you can use one, or the other. An elegant design. Just the edge you need in a city like this..."

LightRey
04-06-2012, 12:05 AM
"The standard North American paintblade has two parts, you see. The brush, and the blade. So you can use one, or the other. An elegant design. Just the edge you need in a city like this..."
xDDD

MetalCreed
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Hmm this sounds like a cool change.

UrDeviant1
04-06-2012, 12:13 AM

lolz
I Imagined this In Sean Connery's voice for some reason.

KillGhast
04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
lolz
I Imagined this In Sean Connery's voice for some reason.

I just thought the same, especially the part ", you see."

UrDeviant1
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I just thought the same, especially the part ", you see."

yeah xD

Timeaus
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM

Hidden Brush:)

kriegerdesgottes
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Wow that is actually pretty cool. I am soo ready to see more of this game already. Should be tomorrow :D

rileypoole1234
04-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I wonder how varied the blending opportunities will be, or will we paint 1,000 houses over the course of AC3 hahah. I think it will be awesome, something this simple just makes it that much better.

assassin_zombie
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
I wonder how varied the blending opportunities will be, or will we paint 1,000 houses over the course of AC3 hahah. I think it will be awesome, something this simple just makes it that much better.

idk i feel like painting houses as a blending technique wouldn't be very..... inconspicuous,

xOMGITSJASONx
04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
I love details like that. Sounds good!

FilipinoNinja67
04-06-2012, 02:35 AM

I can actually see this being implemented. I know a native tribe up in somewhere snowy that catches birds and trains them to help the tribe hunt. Really cool stuff...

LightRey
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I can actually see this being implemented. I know a native tribe up in somewhere snowy that catches birds and trains them to help the tribe hunt. Really cool stuff...
I can't. The trailer is a vague suggestion, but so far basically every trailer (and every game) has had an eagle in it. I also doubt eagles could even realistically be used effectively in this way. Their role in the games is mostly symbolic.

ShaneO7K
04-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Painting a house dressed as Connor is wouldn't look strange at all.. :p

FilipinoNinja67
04-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I can't. The trailer is a vague suggestion, but so far basically every trailer (and every game) has had an eagle in it. I also doubt eagles could even realistically be used effectively in this way. Their role in the games is mostly symbolic.

We have had eagles in the past, the chase cam in AC1 resembled a bird's eye view (to me at least) and AC2 had the bird's eye view where it would sort of circle around you. And the hunters (in Tibet i think ?) Used eagles by having like a blind fold on it until they were ready to be used, then they would take off the blind fold and whistle and the eagle would take flight and capture small animals.

I saw some article saying we would be allowed to have pet companions, i don't have a link though :/ I think it could be implemented but it probably won't be because it was made by ubisoft (R.I.P the Stealth of Splinter Cell)

LightRey
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
We have had eagles in the past, the chase cam in AC1 resembled a bird's eye view (to me at least) and AC2 had the bird's eye view where it would sort of circle around you. And the hunters (in Tibet i think ?) Used eagles by having like a blind fold on it until they were ready to be used, then they would take off the blind fold and whistle and the eagle would take flight and capture small animals.

I saw some article saying we would be allowed to have pet companions, i don't have a link though :/ I think it could be implemented but it probably won't be because it was made by ubisoft (R.I.P the Stealth of Splinter Cell)
I didn't deny we had eagles in the previous games. In fact I confirmed it.
I believe you can use dogs for tracking, but I'm pretty sure nothing else has been confirmed. I just don't see them using eagles. There is no historic reason to use them and I cannot imagine them being very domesticated or useful. I doubt we'll be hunting mice or squirrels.