PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations ending question /spoilers/

ChotaDon1
04-05-2012, 02:24 AM
How does Etzio see Desmond and touch him? Desmond is only viewing his memories. He's not actually there!!!!

Azula2005
04-05-2012, 02:28 AM
You just have to believeeee

i dono man? Maybe the piece of Eden(s) had an effect when Ezio finally knew who was watching him since birth, thus showing him Desmonds physical appearance .

naran6142
04-05-2012, 03:03 AM
Its possible that since TWCB can see in the future they put the image of Desmond in the apple, as maybe sorta a gift to Ezio

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Its possible that since TWCB can see in the future they put the image of Desmond in the apple, as maybe sorta a gift to Ezio

Kind of the way I took it... I've also heard it suggested before that since Ezio's Apple is the same Apple that Desmond has, it's communing with itself in the past, and showing Ezio the image.

souNdwAve89
04-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Kind of the way I took it... I've also heard it suggested before that since Ezio's Apple is the same Apple that Desmond has, it's communing with itself in the past, and showing Ezio the image.

I believe that Altair's Apple being in the same room with Ezio while Desmond reliving Ezio's life must have made the Apple's abilities stronger. I mean, it would be a cool touch for the two Apples to be communicating across centuries.

POP1Fan
04-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I think it just symbolise that that Desmond has got inta a synch nexus like he was meant to.

frogger504
04-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I am afraid to post what I think of the subject...

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
It clearly has something to do with the PoE. It created some sort of "time nexus", which to me sounds like a vague term to avoid the explanation that basically, somehow Minerva found a way for Jupiter and Desmond to properly communicate through time.

DylanJosh9
04-05-2012, 11:32 AM

Except this would involve some kind of time travel? Remember Desmond is just watching what has already happened.

mizne1
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
yes,You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will behttp://www.spgames.info/g.gif

De Filosoof
04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I am afraid to post what I think of the subject...

Why? Just tell what's on your mind.
**** those people who laugh at you about open-minded thinking.

In my opinion that cutscene was kinda rushed.
Many things in the game felt kinda rushed actually.

brick177
04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the idea creates a sort of infinite mirror effect. Ezio sees Desmond watching him from the future, yet the future hasn't happened yet when Ezio is seeing Desmond, however Ezio DOES see Desmond, and Desmond is seeing Ezio see him, thus Desmond seeing Ezio happened before Desmond was born, which means that Desmond should be seeing himself see Ezio who is seeing Desmond who is seeing Ezio who is seeing Desmond.......etc. Infinite loop!

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm confused of this too, like Jupiter said to Desmond that creating a sync nexus Is usually Minerva's domain, but what the hell Is a sync nexus, and can It explain why Ezio Is able to see Desmond!?

Hell If I know..

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
It clearly has something to do with the PoE. It created some sort of "time nexus", which to me sounds like a vague term to avoid the explanation that basically, somehow Minerva found a way for Jupiter and Desmond to properly communicate through time.

I think it doesn't deal with the universe on a larger scale. I think it would deal with it on a micro scale. If nothing else, perhaps it takes place outside of space/time.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I think it doesn't deal with the universe on a larger scale. I think it would deal with it on a micro scale. If nothing else, perhaps it takes place outside of space/time.
It did sound like something to that effect, yes. Considering that the term "nexus" is usually referring to a point where things come together, the term "time nexus" seems to suggest that it is a point where Desmond's time and Jupiter's time somehow come together (whatever that means). It looked like somehow the apple was projecting both Desmond and Jupiter in Altaīr's library too, though I have no idea what happened to Ezio. The whole thing was rather strange, but maybe Desmond will enlighten us a little further if, or rather when he describes it in ACIII.

MoneyForBoobs
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Tis thread is too intelligent for me xD
you bros always like dis ?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Tis thread is too intelligent for me xD
you bros always like dis ?
Not always, but more often than you'd expect, yes. xD

MoneyForBoobs
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Not always, but more often than you'd expect, yes. xD

i`ll have hard time fittin` in then :p

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
It did sound like something to that effect, yes. Considering that the term "nexus" is usually referring to a point where things come together, the term "time nexus" seems to suggest that it is a point where Desmond's time and Jupiter's time somehow come together (whatever that means). It looked like somehow the apple was projecting both Desmond and Jupiter in Altaīr's library too, though I have no idea what happened to Ezio. The whole thing was rather strange, but maybe Desmond will enlighten us a little further if, or rather when he describes it in ACIII.

Ah good, now I know what a Nexus Is. I saw a hologram of Desmond In Altair's library, maybe made so because Jupiter was able link the apple with both Ezio and Desmond, making It possible for them see one another?
I'm looking forward to finding out more about this In ACIII, If It's touched upon.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM

I'm just hoping we actually get some answers from all of this in the next game.

Ah good, now I know what a Nexus Is. I saw a hologram of Desmond In Altair's library, maybe made so because Jupiter was able link the apple with both Ezio and Desmond, making It possible for them see one another?
I'm looking forward to finding out more about this In ACIII, If It's touched upon.

I hope it is.

pacmanate
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I dont understand why he says "Desmond... Listen"

souNdwAve89
04-05-2012, 06:46 PM

The way I see it is because Ezio has experienced something like this in the past. Ezio knows that the message is not for him since he has accepted the fact that he is a prophet/conduit for a man named Desmond. Besides that, it help give the fans a "holy crap" moment since it is a cool idea for the two to communicate with one another. It is like how I got goosebumps when Ezio said "requiescat in pace Altair".

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 06:51 PM

I don't understand why we have to keep explaining the simple things.....

pacmanate
04-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't understand why we have to keep explaining the simple things.....
Its hardly simple

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Its hardly simple

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4639175079231675&id=24d8f1ddcb75ab51fe2a5b6d6b9710b3

When the rest of the forum gets it, and six months later you still don't,... believe me. It's Simple.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
yes,You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will behttp://www.spgames.info/g.gif

o.O wtf lmao

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
All I see it as is that Ezio knew he was a conduit and there was a message that had to be delivered. He knew it was going to be delivered, so he just said "Desmond....listen" to prepare him for the message.

TheHumanTowel
04-05-2012, 10:26 PM
All I see it as is that Ezio knew he was a conduit and there was a message that had to be delivered. He knew it was going to be delivered, so he just said "Desmond....listen" to prepare him for the message.
So was Jupiter speaking to Ezio then, and Desmond was watching it like in ACII or was there something else going on with the apple because in-game it looks like Jupiter is speaking directly to Desmond inside the animus. I don't really know how that would be possible.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:33 PM
So was Jupiter speaking to Ezio then, and Desmond was watching it like in ACII or was there something else going on with the apple because in-game it looks like Jupiter is speaking directly to Desmond inside the animus. I don't really know how that would be possible.
Well maybe Desmond was projected "onto" Ezio, I dunno. Jupiter refers to him as "Cypher" though, not "prophet", so it does seem like he was talking directly to Desmond in some way.

TheHumanTowel
04-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Well maybe Desmond was projected "onto" Ezio, I dunno. Jupiter refers to him as "Cypher" though, not "prophet", so it does seem like he was talking directly to Desmond in some way.
Such a confusing ending. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know either. The 2012 storyline comes to a standstill in Revelations.

GeneralTrumbo
04-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Such a confusing ending. It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know either. The 2012 storyline comes to a standstill in Revelations.
I think Revelations was more to help those out who didn't understand anything about the series up to this point.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Those who skiped ACI you mean.