PDA

View Full Version : 'Pontiac's Rebellion'...

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
"The event that made Chief Pontiac famous would be the part he took in Pontiac’s Rebellion, which took place between 1763 and 1766. Pontiacs Rebellion was a conflict between the American Indians and the British military occupation of the great lakes region after the French and Indian war had concluded. Chief Pontiac initially visited the fort with a small regiment of warriors in order to scout the fort and see what they were up against. In May of 1763 Chief Pontiac and three hundred warriors attempted to take Fort Detroit by surprise but the attempt was futile, unable to take the fort Chief Pontiac lay siege to the fort and was in time joined by nine hundred warriors from at least half a dozen other tribes. While the fighting was underway Chief Pontiac sent forth messengers to carry the message of the uprising to fellow tribes near and far. His siege and warriors were able to take out a detachment of British soldiers but was never able to take the fort.
In October of the same year he lifted the siege and withdrew from the country, it is believed that his support dwindled a little due to the loss. The war is said to have continued for several more years until Chief Pontiac eventually met with the British and made peace. Historians believe he had less power amongst his tribe then many believed and less then what Chief Pontiac claimed of himself, yet they agree that his attack on Fort Detroit was the spark that helped start the Indian uprising against the British. In 1769 an Indian of the Peoria tribe assassinated Chief Pontiac."

Could this be the event that caused Connors village to be destroyed? He would have been 8 at the time. I can find no Evidence that the Blackfoot Tribes (Connors tribe) took part In this rebellion, which I thought was odd because the Blackfoot's were great warriors and had suffered at the hands of Europeans, previous to Pontiac's War.

So did they have resentment towards Pontiac, was his tribe (Ottawa) a rival of the Blackfoot's? I know lots of neighboring Tribe's resented Pontiac when the war ended, because the British held him In such high regard. It's said that this Is one of the reasons he was Assassinated.

Also, exclusive to the CE's, we go on a SP mission (Ghost of War) to retrieve Pontiac's War Club.

I'm trying to figure out If Pontiac was an Ally or Foe to Connor and his people. And If Pontiac declaring peace with the British, had anything to do with Connor siding with the Americans.

If anyone has any knowledge of this event and thinks It will feature In the game, please add your wisdom's! Otherwise, just tell me If you think It's pointless speculation.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 06:12 PM
1753 is not confirmed to be Connor`s birth date..
during the AC II hype they didnt say that it`ll last from 1459 till 1499 but rather 1476 till 1499

Poodle_of_Doom
04-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I like the theory, but it seems to me that Connor was younger than that when his village was destroyed... but I honestly couldn't tell you how old he was.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
during the AC II hype they didnt say that it`ll last from 1459 till 1499 but rather 1476 till 1499

Going by the ACwiki, Connor was born In 1755 and joined the Assassins at 15. And where does ACII fit Into this?

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I like the theory, but it seems to me that Connor was younger than that when his village was destroyed... but I honestly couldn't tell you how old he was.

You could be right, but I'd like to think he would have been around 8, so he could take In what was happening around him, watching his village get destroyed and building up a lot of resentment toward the Europeans.

LightRey
04-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Actually, didn't someone post a video in which it was basically proven?

DarthEzio55
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I thought Connor was part of the Mohawk Tribe

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I thought Connor was part of the Mohawk Tribe
He's Blackfoot, as said In numerous Interviews with Alex Hutchinson.

AdamXEve
04-04-2012, 06:51 PM

Concept art shows him at about twelve.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Concept art shows him at about twelve.

That's not to say he was 12 when his Village was destroyed.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Actually, didn't someone post a video in which it was basically proven?
Seriously ? and I missed it ? darn

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Really this thread was to get peoples opinions on whether or not we'll encounter Pontiac In Connors early years, and If he'll have a direct Impact on Connor and his people, and any other decisions Connor chooses to make In years to come.

This was a pretty big battle between that Natives and Europeans people! ;) I'm thinking It could feature heavily.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Really this thread was to get peoples opinions on whether or not we'll encounter Pontiac In Connors early years, and If he'll have a direct Impact on Connor and his people, and any other decisions Connor chooses to make In years to come.

This was a pretty big battle between that Natives and Europeans people! ;) I'm thinking It could feature heavily.
Im thinking that If Connor was 8 during that conflict then we might perhaps hear about it, rather than live it..

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Im thinking that If Connor was 8 during that conflict then we might perhaps hear about it, rather than live it..

Yeah I'm not expecting us to be In the thick of It, but to Impact Connor and his family In some way, seeing as the time periods of Connors childhood and the Rebellion coincide. That's really really what I'm going on I guess, nothing much. haaha

Poodle_of_Doom
04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
He's Blackfoot, as said In numerous Interviews with Alex Hutchinson.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Connor

He's Mohawk, which I do believe was confirmed in the interviews. I'd like you to prove me wrong.

eagleforlife1
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM

I posted this video but it didn't seem to get much feedback. About a minute in:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40304/interviews/assassins-creed-3-the-most-rpg-like-assassins-creed-so-far/

LightRey
04-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Yup. At first I was like: "no way", but then this other guy was like: "yes way", so then I was like: "zomg, no way!".

rileypoole1234
04-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I think Ubi said that 80% of the characters were real people, so I think that we will interact with a lot of famous people from that area at that time. I wouldn't doubt that we'll at least hear of Pontiac.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 10:13 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Connor

He's Mohawk, which I do believe was confirmed in the interviews. I'd like you to prove me wrong.

Apologies. I must have got mixed up somewhere along the line. It's actually his voice actor who Is half Blackfoot. I guess I should have known, considering he was born In the Mohawk Valley!

My bad, people.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Apologies. I must have got mixed up somewhere along the line. It's actually his voice actor who Is half Blackfoot. I guess I should have known, considering he was born In the Mohawk Valley!

My bad, people.

And now I believe we have our story straight.

frogger504
04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
It's confirmed that the colonists were the ones who attacked and destroyed Conner's village, there goes your theory.

Although it would be cool and likely to see this event in the game.

Another dent in your theory is that he joined the Order in 70 so if he was 8 during this event he'd be 12 when he was inducted.
Wouldn't surprise me though.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
It's confirmed that the colonists were the ones who attacked and destroyed Conner's village, there goes your theory.

Although it would be cool and likely to see this event in the game.

Another dent in your theory is that he joined the Order in 70 so if he was 8 during this event he'd be 12 when he was inducted.
Wouldn't surprise me though.

I never stated that I thought Pontiac and his tribe would destroy Connors village, In fact I already knew It was the Europeans.

I was thinking the Rebellion could be a direct cause for Connors village to be destroyed, by the the Europeans, to try stamp out the resistance.

And to correct you on the date scenario, the Rebellion started In 1763, which according to the ACwiki, would have made him 8 at the time.
Jump forward from 1763-1770, the year he joined the Creed, and Connor would Indeed, be 15.

Thanks for your Input anyway.

brick177
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I thought about Pontiac's Rebellion being part of the game early on, but it was a war fought much ****her west than we've been led to believe the wilderness will cover. I think we'll certainly hear about the battles, but I don't think there will be an effect on the localities in the game.

Edit: Really? F4rther.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought about Pontiac's Rebellion being part of the game early on, but it was a war fought much ****her west than we've been led to believe the wilderness will cover. I think we'll certainly hear about the battles, but I don't think there will be an effect on the localities in the game.

Edit: Really? F4rther.

Good point, the furthest Battle I can find westwards Is siege of Fort Niagara.
So I guess we won't be "directly" affected by It. I'd still like to hear of It though, and the 'Ghost of War' mission In the CE's might mention It.

Thank's for the Input!

F4rt Is censored but *** Isn't. Hahah