PDA

View Full Version : Connor and his "arsenal"

OriginalMiles
04-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Is anyone else worried Connor will have a giant arsenal of weapons, so far he has a (or 2) flintlock pistol, bow and arrow, tomehawk, hidden blade (double?), a knife/dagger, and I think a sword, and god knows what else, do you think he'll have a lot of weapons, would you want that, and has it been announced if there's armour yet, and if so, do you want it to be removable, and if there's any I left out please tell.
Share your thoughts.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Is anyone else worried Connor will have a giant arsenal of weapons, so far he has a (or 2) flintlock pistol, bow and arrow, tomehawk, hidden blade (double?), a knife/dagger, and I think a sword, and god knows what else, do you think he'll have a lot of weapons, would you want that, and has it been announced if there's armour yet, and if so, do you want it to be removable, and if there's any I left out please tell.
Share your thoughts.
If we`ll follow history then we know by fact that there wont be any armor..

LightRey
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Worried? I hope he has a giant arsenal of weapons. The more weapons the merrier. I want to be able to kill people in as many different ways as possible.

kriegerdesgottes
04-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Worried? I hope he has a giant arsenal of weapons. The more weapons the merrier. I want to be able to kill people in as many different ways as possible.

This

SixKeys
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I hope they'll tone it down from what Ezio had. They did say you'll have less ammo and throwing knives which is good.

Abeonis
04-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I have no problem with an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons. You don't have to use them if you don't want to; I, for one, never used the poison darts available to me in Brotherhood and Revelations, but I'm sure somebody enjoyed using them.

SixKeys
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I just think it takes away from the realism that an assassin who's constantly freerunning and needs to travel light would be buying heavy battle axes and spears from blacksmiths. It's okay that some of your apprentices can use them, I just don't think it fits the main character.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
He can have a big arsenal of weapons but it wouldn't be good if you have every weapon carrying with you, that wouldn't be realistic and way to easy

notafanboy
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
i hope you canīt carry 321 throwing knives and 123 arrows anymore.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
when was that ?

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:45 PM
then your in luck!

they said in an interview that they didn't want to give him ridiculous amounts of ammunition like the last 2 games because they didn't want people to just waltz around the battlefield not getting into any combat.

so its been confirmed that you don't have a ton of ammunition

crash3
04-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I hope Connor has a huge arsenal of weapons as long as each weapon has an important purpose-in all the Ezio games, each weapon was purely there as an aesthetic becaus ehte game was games were so easy. In each mission I was like, I think ill kill the guards with knives this time then run abou with the crossbow for a while then finish off by calling in my entire brotherhood. There never seemed to be any need for any particular weapon if you get me so I hope AC3 has missions/opponents/animals that require particular weapons to overcome them. Different tactics, different weapons

BBALive
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Upgrading Connor's clothing/outfit was confirmed. I assume it'll recieve some form of protection to protect against bullets,

And yeah, the more weapons the better.
I saw somewhere that he can use two-handed weapons as well. I think it might have been that Polish article.

I do hope you can dual-wield swords.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
It would be cool to change outfits but still in the native american style, more protection should be cool by upgrading armor but not that you can get 50 % less damage inflicted by bullets.

JCearlyyears
04-04-2012, 07:02 PM
This

Indeed. I know a lot of people think it is ridiculous and makes the game too easy though, which is why maybe they should allow you to choose what to hold, so basically you have a limit like skyrim. Maybe. It should be optional though. I like options, and I personally don't care if John Marston holds 4 rifles 4 shotguns, 5 pistols, 20 tomahawks, 20 throwing knives, etc. I like carrying around an arsenal for options.

AdamXEve
04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm concerned for the difficulty of the game.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Yea me to, they can make it more challenging to kill soldiers but it shouldn't be impossible. It would be stupid if it's easy in the beginning and then gets more difficult towards the end when you are killing the same type of soldier. If the difficulty is consistent throughout the game then you can tryout different tactics to be more effective.

Timeaus
04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I think I read in article somewhere that said Connor will have the tomahawk, hidden blade, firearms, bow and arrows, throwing knives, sword, rope dart, two-handed axe or club , and heavy saber. There might be more that Ubisoft haven't reveal yet, but I'm happy with this list.

BBALive
04-04-2012, 10:02 PM
The weapon types confirmed so far are: Tomahawks/axes, war clubs, swords/sabres, daggers/knives, hammers, bow and arrow, throwing knives, firearms, hidden blades and the rope dart.

Seems like you're going to be able to wield two-handed weapons despite Connor's dual-wielding fighting style. I hope spears are included in the game.

Sukramo
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM

All of them have been snooze fests, except two moments in AC1, the funeral and the Robere de sable fight.

morpheusPrime08
04-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Yea me to, they can make it more challenging to kill soldiers but it shouldn't be impossible. It would be stupid if it's easy in the beginning and then gets more difficult towards the end when you are killing the same type of soldier. If the difficulty is consistent throughout the game then you can tryout different tactics to be more effective.

I hope the fighting system is atleast a bit more difficult then the last two games but still rewarding and fun, and at the sametime I dont want to be invincible. Im sure the new health system will help, hopefullty its similar to the way AC1 was where there was atleast a need and reason to run away from large amounts of guards, for some reason in ACB and ACR I just stood my ground and faught, I miss freerunning and hiding in those little rooftop sheets.