PDA

View Full Version : Some rather interesting Information in New article..

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.gamepur.com/news/7643-new-assassins-creed-iii-details-psx-extreme-magazine.html

AC III will be able to track down traces with the help of dogs,

OriginalMiles
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Dogs?.... DOGS??? HELL YEAH!!!

DavisP92
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
"Besides, will use wire with the blade - just to pull enemies of trees, rock shelves, how to hang them when he is on the height,"

do they mean the rope dart??

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
ha, they used google translate too

hang on, i know a polish guy, ill ask him to translate properly

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
ha, they used google translate too

hang on, i know a polish guy, ill ask him to translate properly
assuming you find the original, polish version..

KrYpToNiC95
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Enemies can not attack while waiting "in line" until your character will fight with each individually.

What does this mean? Could it be that its the same combat as before, Or maybe google translate has led me to misinterpret it.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Enemies can not attack while waiting "in line" until your character will fight with each individually.

What does this mean? Could it be that its the same combat as before, Or maybe google translate has led me to misinterpret it.
The first part of the sentence completely contradicts the second part xD

KrYpToNiC95
04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
The first part of the sentence completely contradicts the second part xD

Yep, completely confusing. :L

Legendz54
04-04-2012, 12:37 PM
The information just gets better and better, Now all I need is a gameplay video which we will hopefully get soon

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
^ Huge Signature is Huge !!

Legendz54
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
^ Huge Signature is Huge !!
Lol still working on it, trying to lower size

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Lol still working on it, trying to lower size
I like it though..
It looks awesome, I usually do not like complexity, but this one seems complexly simple..
Now back on-topic..

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
cool info btw

pacmanate
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Huge signature hurts my brain D:

I thought everyone knew that you could use dogs to help down track people :P

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Our inferior intellect doesnt match your far superior one..

eagleforlife1
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM

To be honest I already knew of that feature. Hutchinson said in an interview that you can give dogs a scent of some material and they will track down your target for you.

Sajn12
04-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Much thanks for info :)

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Good info there, few things I didn't knew till today. I just hope the dogs used for hunting don't look the same. Small detail but in real life, not every animal looks exactly the same, this also counts for the animals that you will get to hunt down. It wouldn't bother me that much but if you see a pack of wolves, it would be nice that every wolf looks different (color, pigments, scars etc)

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Good info there, few things I didn't knew till today. I just hope the dogs used for hunting don't look the same. Small detail but in real life, not every animal looks exactly the same, this also counts for the animals that you will get to hunt down. It wouldn't bother me that much but if you see a pack of wolves, it would be nice that every wolf looks different (color, pigments, scars etc)
A bit too much dont you think ?

SixKeys
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I doubt they'll go to such lengths to differentiate animals. Colors, maybe, but scars?

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I doubt they'll go to such lengths to differentiate animals. Colors, maybe, but scars?

Yea I know, just giving some examples. Colors is pretty easy to do. Just something that you dont see that they duplicated animals. like in gta you sometimes see the exact same person.

LightRey
04-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Yea I know, just giving some examples. Colors is pretty easy to do. Just something that you dont see that they duplicated animals. like in gta you sometimes see the exact same person.
I can see them using different sizes too.

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 07:43 PM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40304/interviews/assassins-creed-3-the-most-rpg-like-assassins-creed-so-far/

We will be getting more Desmond. It will be better gameplay. Threads will be resolved. I am so happy. =)

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 07:46 PM

Yeah, that probably will be added. I hope so! The bigger the size, the bigger the reward for killing it and selling it's meat/skin

rileypoole1234
04-04-2012, 08:10 PM

In Red Dead the bears are really just different colours. It's not like every animal of the same species in the wilderness looks different, so yes different sizes will probably be used, but I don't think it would be a big deal if the most of the animals were the same model. I doubt you'll say "That wolf is the same as the other wolf over there!"

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 09:23 PM
In Red Dead the bears are really just different colours. It's not like every animal of the same species in the wilderness looks different, so yes different sizes will probably be used, but I don't think it would be a big deal if the most of the animals were the same model. I doubt you'll say "That wolf is the same as the other wolf over there!"

That's true, I'll not worry about animals being the same size but it would be a nice feature, like fighting a relative small bear you think: "this is going to be an easy kill" and few hours later you come across a big one. This is a challenge on it's own knowing the bigger one will be more difficult to kill. In this way you can keep being active and you can apply some tactics on soldiers (to give you an example).

morpheusPrime08
04-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Does this mean enemies wont stand around attacking one at a time?

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Does this mean enemies wont stand around attacking one at a time?

I think it means that they will only attack one at a time. They can't attack you while you're fighting one guy.

I think it means this^^

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
I think it means that they will only attack one at a time. They can't attack you while you're fighting one guy.

I think it means this^^

I think more than 1 can attack at a time because they mentioned about being able to Counter Assassinate more than one person at the same time.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Yea I've heard that also.
Atleast it's more realistic if they attack with a few at once. In previous AC games it was boring when they take turns.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Yea I've heard that also.
Atleast it's more realistic if they attack with a few at once. In previous AC games it was boring when they take turns.

Yup, this was one of the main Issues with regarding difficulty I think. Now we have to be more aware of who's coming at us and react quicker.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Exactly, I always loved the game but it always felt repetitive and then having guards taking turns, it was like a walk in a park. I'm sure this game will not be as repetitive as previous ones. Like AC1 was purely assassinating leaders or important people. That's how I saw AC1.

EDIT: found a picture which shows us multiple enemies attacking at once:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5839/screenshot28343thumbwid.jpg
One guy is rushing with his bayonet while another one takes aim at you, all this while you're fighting a guy. It's clear that it will take more strategy and making priorities.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I think they've come a long way since AC1, and now especially with the new Engine, the game looks better than ever, with so many more elements of gameplay.
I just can't wait to get my hands on It and I know PAX and E3 are gonna' kill me lol

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Exactly, I always loved the game but it always felt repetitive and then having guards taking turns, it was like a walk in a park. I'm sure this game will not be as repetitive as previous ones. Like AC1 was purely assassinating leaders or important people. That's how I saw AC1.

EDIT: found a picture which shows us multiple enemies attacking at once:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5839/screenshot28343thumbwid.jpg
One guy is rushing with his bayonet while another one takes aim at you, all this while you're fighting a guy. It's clear that it will take more strategy and making priorities.

Such a good screenshot this. I hope we'll be seeing sparks when we finally play It.

KillGhast
04-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I think they've come a long way since AC1, and now especially with the new Engine, the game looks better than ever, with so many more elements of gameplay.
I just can't wait to get my hands on It and I know PAX and E3 are gonna' kill me lol

I don't really want to watch those videos from PAX and E3 because it makes me want to get it ASAP and since we need to wait for about 7 months till it comes out... Makes me wonna cry.
BTW anyone noticed the skins of animals in this picture, looks interesting. Maybe you can sell the skins of the animals you killed to these guys?
I'm also wondering what you can do with the boat, like jumping in the water when spotting a group of soldiers walking around.
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4733/screenshot28339thumbwid.jpg

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Those are Tanning racks, but whether or not that's where you sell your acquired furs I'm not sure, I think all native settlements had Tanning racks for the women to use.
I know we can definitely use canoes In the game though.

MetalCreed
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
A few questions I have in mind..
Will we get to see animals chasing NPC's or fighting them off?

30 different species sounds cool..I also like the idea of having different sizes/colors for animals some times..Maybe we'll see different animal appearances in different seasons?
Also..I want to hear more about the economy. Where will be selling the fur pelts and stuff? Also..I hope the shops aren't as widespread.
And the renovating shops was lame..Glowing shops and in two seconds there's a store went from shutdown to open.

Sorry for off-topic.
:o

BBALive
04-05-2012, 12:31 AM
We don't really know much about the revamped economic system. All we know is that you can hunt animals and sell the pelts (cleaner kills = better pelt = more money) and that renovation has been replaced with something else.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Animals In the game will not be scripted as far as I know. They are doing their own thing, whether Connor Is around or not, so I'd assume that means they could come Into contact with NPC's and other Hunters from other tribes. Renovating will not see a return. As for certain Animals for different seasons, I like the Idea and assume It will be In the game, It's nature. Not sure where we'll sell our pelts though. Maybe to other Tribes and Europeans to make cloths, shelter etc.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
As far as the animal stuff goes, I hope when you hunt animals and if they see you, they would run away or attack you if it was a bear or something. And I'm asking myself the questions about the seasons like snow for example: when it snows, you have snow on your hair and on your clothes. I hope that when it snows you can actually see the snow laying on top of Connor or on top of animals. Or when it rains, that the soil becomes wet and muddy = can also be used for tracking.

MetalCreed
04-05-2012, 01:13 AM
As far as the animal stuff goes, I hope when you hunt animals and if they see you, they would run away or attack you if it was a bear or something. And I'm asking myself the questions about the seasons like snow for example: when it snows, you have snow on your hair and on your clothes. I hope that when it snows you can actually see the snow laying on top of Connor or on top of animals. Or when it rains, that the soil becomes wet and muddy = can also be used for tracking.
Yeah, I've always wanted this sort of realism in games.

AC usually never delivered in such things unlike Rockstar or Naughty Dog.
But one thing I'm picturing in my mind when they say waist-deep snow is the movements of Drake in Uncharted in the snow.
I really hope that is present in the game. The footsteps being left by, and the snow moving as Connor moves. The blizzard will be great. The snow part of ACR sucked tbh.
Felt artificial. That's the thing with AC games, there's not much interaction with the environments, hopefully this time around with the emphasis in the outdoor environments Ubisoft will make some cool changes regarding that.

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Exactly and when you can swim and get out of the water, you have water dripping of your clothes and stuff, sounds like a stupid detail but this adds so much to the realism.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Exactly and when you can swim and get out of the water, you have water dripping of your clothes and stuff, sounds like a stupid detail but this adds so much to the realism.

Yup. Sometimes It's the little things that make you go WOW. For me anyway.

MetalCreed
04-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Now you reminded me that there needs to be underwater gameplay :p

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 01:33 AM
It's not important that he can dive or something and look at the "corals" but like fishing with a spear or something or with an arrow would be awesome to!
When I see a game and it snows or rains and the character doesn't look right (meaning: character gets wet or the ground get muddy, etc.)
If they integrated footsteps in the snow they should think also about footsteps in muddy terrain, etc.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I've always wanted this sort of realism in games.

AC usually never delivered in such things unlike Rockstar or Naughty Dog.
But one thing I'm picturing in my mind when they say waist-deep snow is the movements of Drake in Uncharted in the snow.
I really hope that is present in the game. The footsteps being left by, and the snow moving as Connor moves. The blizzard will be great. The snow part of ACR sucked tbh.
Felt artificial. That's the thing with AC games, there's not much interaction with the environments, hopefully this time around with the emphasis in the outdoor environments Ubisoft will make some cool changes regarding that.

There's not much interaction with the environments...in a series where the environment is completely climbable.

UrDeviant1
04-05-2012, 03:33 AM
There's not much interaction with the environments...in a series where the environment is completely climbable.

I think he means the Environment from an Ecology point of view.