PDA

View Full Version : theory about next protagonists role

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
okay, so we all know that AC3 is Desmonds last game, and it ends with him stopping the abstergo satellite launch.

but what if he doesn't?

What does the next guy have to do?

well, as you probably already know, Abstergo found a piece of Eden so powerful they had to lock it away, this PoE had the ability to send you back in time. now what if the next protagonists role is to find a way into the secret vault that Abstergo hid this object, and use it to go back in time and stop the satellite launch?

do you think this is plausible?

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 10:46 AM
No..

OriginalMiles
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
... No, just no.

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
care to explain?

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
care to explain?
Assassins Creed is not about time travel..

pacmanate
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Assassins Creed is not about time travel..

Technically it kinda is :P KINDA. But if desmond doesnt stop the world ending = having to make a new game save

LightRey
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Actually, it's unclear exactly what the PoE does. It can send things into "a future state", whatever the hell that means. Regardless, Ubisoft should stay well away from time travel. It's rarely done in an acceptable way and even if it is, it's still just a bad idea.

UrDeviant1
The Animus doesn't alter the past, It just re-creates It trough the mind of the subject.

That alone make this theory Implausible.

Assassin_M
Technically it kinda is :P KINDA. But if desmond doesnt stop the world ending = having to make a new game save
There is a great deal of difference between the Physical presence in a time passed, and the revisiting of ancestor Memories..
it is COMPLETELY different..
Not even kinda.. nor sorta and certainly not "perhaps"

LightRey
04-04-2012, 01:37 PM
The Animus doesn't alter the past, It just re-creates It trough the mind of the subject.

That alone make this theory Implausible.
There's also the fact that the PoE in question supposedly bends spacetime, which is basically not in conflict with the laws of nature, which means that at best it can send things to the future, not the past.

EDIT: or rather, it can slow down or accelerate time for someone or something.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
There's also the fact that the PoE in question supposedly bends spacetime, which is basically not in conflict with the laws of nature, which means that at best it can send things to the future, not the past.

Thus completely removing the OP`s proposed idea of going back in time all together..

LightRey
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Thus completely removing the OP`s proposed idea of going back in time all together..
Basically, yeah. It would also bring up the question of TWCB not using it. If they could timetravel so easily, to the past or the future, why didn't they?

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Basically, yeah. It would also bring up the question of TWCB not using it. If they could timetravel so easily, to the past or the future, why didn't they?
Probably the same reason Abstergo locked it away..
I mean The Templars couldnt be wiser than TWCB can they ?

LightRey
04-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Probably the same reason Abstergo locked it away..
I mean The Templars couldnt be wiser than TWCB can they ?
True. They brought up time paradoxes and the like in the email. Tbh, I'm thinking this is just one of those things they put in there in case someone would want to make a game or the like and use that.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
True. They brought up time paradoxes and the like in the email. Tbh, I'm thinking this is just one of those things they put in there in case someone would want to make a game or the like and use that.
Yeah they`re throwing pieces here and there, so that maybe sometime in the future they might say "remember that ? the game will revolve around it" and if it never came to fruition then there goes another idea to the drawer and its left as just another interesting piece of info..

albertwesker22
04-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Maybe they did? Only a few TWCB survived the disaster, maybe the ones who survived, jumped a couple of months into the future to survive. Then they began their slow road to extinction. Just wild speculation here :)

LightRey
04-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Maybe they did? Only a few TWCB survived the disaster, maybe the ones who survived, jumped a couple of months into the future to survive. Then they began their slow road to extinction. Just wild speculation here :)
Then why didn't they use it to help their species survive? They could just pick up enough men and women to repopulate. They could also have used it to make sure they could be around in 2012, yet they also didn't do that. It just doesn't make sense.

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
My guess is that it was one of their 6 methods of salvation, but they scrapped it because it was too un-reliable, it's powers were too random

albertwesker22
04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Then why didn't they use it to help their species survive? They could just pick up enough men and women to repopulate. They could also have used it to make sure they could be around in 2012, yet they also didn't do that. It just doesn't make sense.

As I said man. "Just wild speculation" on my part.

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
My guess is that it was one of their 6 methods of salvation, but they scrapped it because it was too un-reliable, it's powers were too random
Arent you the guy who started a thread talking about them 6 apples being the 6 methods of salvation ?

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Arent you the guy who started a thread talking about them 6 apples being the 6 methods of salvation ?

Yup, but seeing as nothing has been revealed about it Ive got more than one theory
It's fun having theories, it makes me feel smart

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Yup, but seeing as nothing has been revealed about it Ive got more than one theory
It's fun having theories, it makes me feel smart
It also sometimes removes all doubt of your ignorance..
I can mention some absurd examples -__-

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
It also sometimes removes all doubt of your ignorance..
I can mention some absurd examples -__-
removing ignorance is good

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
removing ignorance is good
Errr, no I meant that if there was any doubt about you being ignorant, then one dumb post might remove all doubt i.e make me sure that you`re ignorant :D

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Errr, no I meant that if there was any doubt about you being ignorant, then one dumb post might remove all doubt i.e make me sure that you`re ignorant :D
well why would it make me ignorant, i was just speculating with the 6 apple post, as I'm speculating now

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:43 PM
well why would it make me ignorant, i was just speculating with the 6 apple post, as I'm speculating now
I wasnt referring to your theory at all..
just some absurd examples as I mentioned above..
Your theory is plausible, really
Trust me If it wasnt plausible, I, nor LightRey, wouldnt have argued with it..

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I wasnt referring to your theory at all..
just some absurd examples as I mentioned above..
Your theory is plausible, really
Trust me If it wasnt plausible, I, nor LightRey, wouldnt have argued with it..
you and lightrey are always arguing

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
you and lightrey are always arguing
Nope not always..
There was one theory that was "stupid"
Me and Rey were just speaking with Memes really, He and I didnt bother to respond intelligently..

Poodle_of_Doom
04-04-2012, 06:22 PM

Kind of makes you think though? It's really unknown if the laws of physics would allow for time travel into the past, but I don't think trying to travel in reverse would have that effect necessarily. There would be all sorts of paradoxs involved, and conflicts with the present timeline. Personally, I think an attempt to travel into the past would simply place you in another timeline. The scientific community already agrees that there are an infinite number of universes, and worlds, all slightly different, in which everything that could happen, will happen. That said, if time travel were possible, instead of going into the past, maybe you just shift over to another one of these universes where something different happened, or slightly later than it did in your reality, so you show up just before the event, and have time to change it in that timeline, avoiding the problem of paradox.

LightRey
04-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Kind of makes you think though? It's really unknown if the laws of physics would allow for time travel into the past, but I don't think trying to travel in reverse would have that effect necessarily. There would be all sorts of paradoxs involved, and conflicts with the present timeline. Personally, I think an attempt to travel into the past would simply place you in another timeline. The scientific community already agrees that there are an infinite number of universes, and worlds, all slightly different, in which everything that could happen, will happen. That said, if time travel were possible, instead of going into the past, maybe you just shift over to another one of these universes where something different happened, or slightly later than it did in your reality, so you show up just before the event, and have time to change it in that timeline, avoiding the problem of paradox.
Well they don't exactly agree on it, but it is a very popular and well fitting theory, yes, and it explains a lot of things.

The main problem with time travel I find to be self-creating events, such as someone being his own father for example. It's basically an information loop. Don't even get me started on creating new universes by time traveling though.

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 11:09 PM
This is my serious IRL theory about time travel:

Okay, going back in time can't happen, let's say you kill your grandfather, therefore you aren't born, and because you arent born you can't kill your grandfather, so you are born and so on.

Now let's say you could travel say, 5 times faster than the speed of light, and you went to mars and back, you would arrive to see yourself taking off, which messes with you head a bit.
However this is not time travel, because you arent travelling back, your looking back, you can see them, they can't see you, take a cartoon for example, in scooby doo, they occasionally run so fast that they leave an image of themselves behind them, that's what my theory is, you aren't going back in time, your seeing back in time

GeneralTrumbo
04-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I wonder if we will see Desmond going into space to attempt to stop the launch? I don't think anyone can't be excited about what they could do.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Well they don't exactly agree on it, but it is a very popular and well fitting theory, yes, and it explains a lot of things.

The main problem with time travel I find to be self-creating events, such as someone being his own father for example. It's basically an information loop. Don't even get me started on creating new universes by time traveling though.

Well... that's why I suggested a deminsional shift...

lukaszep
04-05-2012, 07:14 AM
This is it..this thread is the reason Assassin_M left isn't it.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Why would you say that?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Well... that's why I suggested a deminsional shift...
That is a valid option. Since basically you're not just traveling through time but through (4-dimensional) space as well. In fact it might even make it completely valid in theory.