PDA

View Full Version : AC3 to basically be a remixed SC: Conviction ?

yly3
04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
The more I read about AC3 in this predator thingy the more I remember the same marketing about Splinter Cell Conviction.
Since they are made by the same developer, I was specifically thinking about the stealth/combat combination of Conviction which seems very similar to AC3 at least according to the screenshots.

Fisher is basically doing the same thing, always on the run, using the environment, only thing that seems different is that pipes are being replaced by trees :)
Let me make myself clear, I don't want to discuss about a SC game in a AC forum.
I am strictly talking about combat/stealth similarities.

I personally doubt about going a la AC1 stealth so I guess the Conviction stealth is the perfect sweet spot between agressive combat and stealth.
What do you think ?

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 09:56 AM
i never really liked splinter cell to be honest, but I've always loved AC for being a stealth game, but not such a hardcore stealth game

yly3
04-04-2012, 10:06 AM
In the gameplay video, they say Connor uses his dart rope to kill a guard and also climb with its weight. He also uses guards as human shields.
On another note, if you want pure stealth you shoud really play the SC games before Double Agent, Conviction was a very enjoyable game because it was different but it is also very fun.
I personally finished it 5 times.

The fact that you were alble to kills guards in uncountable methods (even in the scripted mission) it helped alot for replayablity.

DiamondBlade_R
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
in the gameplay video, they say connor uses his dart rope to kill a guard and also climb with its weight. He also uses guards as human shields.
On another note, if you want pure stealth you shoud really play the sc games before double agent, conviction was a very enjoyable game because it was different but it is also very fun.
I personally finished it 5 times.

The fact that you were alble to kills guards in uncountable methods (even in the scripted mission) it helped alot for replayablity.
what gameplay video?!? O.__________.o

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
what gameplay video?!? O.__________.o
the one release today.. what you didnt see it ? :eek::p

freddie_1897
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
the one release today.. what you didnt see it ? :eek::p
yeah, that was awesome, hang on, what am i saying

M, IT IS NO LONGER APRIL FOOLS DAY
STOP OR YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH

Assassin_M
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
yeah, that was awesome, hang on, what am i saying

M, IT IS NO LONGER APRIL FOOLS DAY
STOP OR YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH

Its probably for the better any way..
Oooookay

pacmanate
04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
And by "feel my wrath" he means.... :D

P.S R.I.P Memes :(

BBALive
04-04-2012, 01:51 PM
AC3 and Conviction will be nothing alike.

LightRey
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Tbh, I never felt any similarity between any Splinter Cell game and Assassin's Creed other than the emphasis on stealth.

yly3
04-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh boy, I am talking AC3 vs Conviction not preAC3. The gameplay video was described in many interviews before, step by step. I think Mr Shade can put some light over here because he saw the video and I'm mostly positive he played Conviction. Talking specifically about the Frontier scene when the carriage is attacked or whatever.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I can't think of many ways to compare AC to SC, other than the emphasis on Stealth. AC3's new Cover System might be similar In some ways, but other than that, I just can't see It.

Noble6
04-04-2012, 02:17 PM
AC3 and Conviction will be nothing alike.

So you have played ac3? Tell us more...

BBALive
04-04-2012, 02:18 PM
So you have played ac3? Tell us more...

Doesn't take a genius to know that they'll be nothing alike. It doesn't even require us to have played the game.

Noble6
04-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Doesn't take a genius to know that they'll be nothing alike. It doesn't even require us to have played the game.
Yeah I understand but I just... Have you ever been on halo forums? I mean the people there are just hysteric: "Halo shouldn't have anything common with cod or other fps" It feels like this thread has some similar thinking. I haven't played splinter scell games so I don't know if there is similarities in their stealth system.

pirate1802
04-04-2012, 03:07 PM
There MAY be some similarity between SC and AC3's Desmond section gameplay. Surely assassins use guns in modern times; combine that with stealth and cover system. I'm not saying it definitely will, but I can see how it may turn out that way.