PDA

View Full Version : bye, bye ubisoft

einfach-joe
04-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Hello,

this is my first post in english so forgive my spelling.

First i will say that the AC serie is realy great. I love the story, the gameplay and everthing else on it, but...

Iet me first explain my problem.
First time i play the game, i have a problem by 84% of the game. I was in the place outside of Konstantinopel in sequenz 7(i dont call the name of the place because of spoiler). Then i play an old mission, the vlad mission i think and suddenly i come through a gully cover in Konstantinopel and couldnt back to the other place. i couldnt play the story anymore. First savegame destroyed.
For two month, after i have enough distance to this occurrence (this bug was never patched), i start my second run and came to 70%, then was the town Alexandria in the metagame attackt and i send two assassins with a successchance of 100% to defend the town. I got a message that the templars wins and after i look on the map, the hole town was disappeared. the list began by algier. Second savegame destroyed.
I now many people will be now say, it isnt important because it is a minigame, but not for me. I want 100% of the game not 99%, not 100% syncro or what ever,i mean 100% of the hole game, i payed the complett game. There were also many small bugs too but with they i could life.

Ubisoft why must be everything automaticIy be saved in a such buggy game, why cant i save the same game on more slots then one. Now it is the custom in modern times to create half games and sell they, but I have enough of them, make them smaller if the buget or the time isnt enough, but make them complett. So ubisoft double agent was my last Splinter Cell and ACR is now my last ubisoftgame, goodbye and thanks so far.

rileypoole1234
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Okay, but I'm not sure how the instances you've described "destroyed your save games". I know you want that 100%, but it's not the end of the world if you don't get it. The game really isn't buggy you know, nothing has ever happened to me. You can save in more slots than one by the way, there are three if I can remember correctly. It is ridiculous to call ACR half of a game. That's pretty absurd. The game is complete, I have no idea what you mean by saying the game isn't complete. That argument will take some serious justifying.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 05:59 PM
*waves goodbye*

twenty_glyphs
04-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Okay, but I'm not sure how the instances you've described "destroyed your save games". I know you want that 100%, but it's not the end of the world if you don't get it. The game really isn't buggy you know, nothing has ever happened to me. You can save in more slots than one by the way, there are three if I can remember correctly. It is ridiculous to call ACR half of a game. That's pretty absurd. The game is complete, I have no idea what you mean by saying the game isn't complete. That argument will take some serious justifying.

Any time a game has a bug that completely throws away hours of your work, you have a right to be mad. Especially since you paid for the product. Sure, it's not the end of the world, but it is infuriating for most people. That's probably where the argument that the game isn't complete is coming from.

As for multiple save slots, I think what the OP is asking for is to be able to manually save the game so when game-destroying bugs happen, you can simply reload an older manual save from before the time when the bug occurred. You can play 3 different playthroughs of the game, but you can't have different save slots on any of those playthroughs. So once a bug occurs, that save file is stuck with it forever and can become unplayable. The fast travel underground tunnel bug in Brotherhood really showed how awful that can be. I agree that this is a significant problem with the auto save system in the AC games. It also prevents us from doing things like saving the game before important present-day story moments and then being able to go back and replay those portions.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
When a city disappears from the list in Mediterranean Defense it will eventually reappear.

Sushiglutton
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I lost my crossbow (true story!). I can see it in my inventory, but can't use it. I still enjoyed my time with AC:R :)!

pacmanate
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
I always hear about these crazy glitchbugs but I have NEVER ever had one :S

LightRey
04-03-2012, 06:27 PM
To me it sounds like people aren't being careful enough with their gamesaves and they turn off the game while saving.

pacmanate
04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
To me it sounds like people aren't being careful enough with their gamesaves and they turn off the game while saving.

Man you have no idea how much care I take with my discs and stuff. I always save and switch the console off by exiting the game to go the dashboard then doing it from there

Limed_-
04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGarUJRMdYc

LightRey
04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Man you have no idea how much care I take with my discs and stuff. I always save and switch the console off by exiting the game to go the dashboard then doing it from there
Well I'm not that careful, but I do make sure I don't turn off the game while the saving icon is visible. Generally I bring up the menu first, so I know nothing will pop up right before I turn off the Xbox.

Timeaus
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Haha Same here I played AC games on both the PS3 and the 360 and i never run into these crazy glitch that people always talked about.

smengler
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I want to see if anyone else has had the same problem as me. In ACR, I don't seem to receive money in my bank account every 20 minutest (or whatever time it is). At first, there used to be a message that would pop up saying that a certain amount of money was added to the bank. Now I don't get any message and don't get any money.

twenty_glyphs
04-03-2012, 10:12 PM

I doubt that's the problem. These games are incredibly complicated and have to maintain a lot of state as you play through them, such as what your synch percentage is, which missions you've completed, collectables you've found, etc. The shear complexity of all that's happening in the game means there are a large number of combinations of events happening all the time, in all kinds of different orders. And they all update the current state of your saved game file. It's more likely that people who experience these bad bugs happen to do things in just the right order that trigger weird bugs that get the state of the game out of whack.

A lot of bugs are only triggered under very special cir****tances. Sometimes a tester may find it, but can't reproduce it because the sequence of events is hard to reproduce (i.e. it only happened when they found Collectable Item X between Mission A and Mission B). If they can't reproduce the bug, it can't get logged and fixed. It's not "bad coding" by the programmers, it's just what happens when you ask a human being to reason about all the different events that could happen and how they will all interact with each other. It's very easy for the best code in the world to break under very specific cir****tances that most people will never trigger.

phoenix-force411
04-03-2012, 11:04 PM
just go and select it from the blacksmith and poof it's back where it was on your back. Trust me, I hate the crossbow on my back, so I always take it off.