PDA

View Full Version : Simple deathmatch annoyance

PlasticAssasin8
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok now i've been playing alot, alot of this mode and , no lag or very minor and its fun but i have one thing that annoys the crap outa me.

So we have maybe 6-7 players all going hard having a good game and then another 1 -2 players comes in with say 2-3 minutes to go. Thats all well and good but geez , why do they have to try make a name for themselves. They aren't going to win and all they do is sway the game and make it a tish fight .

For gods sake if you come in relax, you can prove you're skills in the next game, let the originals fight it out. You can learn heaps by watching how people are playing.:mad:

obliviondoll
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Not to mention the "congratulations on coming first in under 2 minutes of gameplay! You get one loss on your record!" that happens any time you're late joining a match.

jmk1999
04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
i'm not sure i understand... if someone joins a game, they just wanna play. you're given a target, why not find it? i guess i'm missing what you're saying... are they running around getting wreckless all the time or something? i mean, surely you can't punish someone for being good at a game if they're not.

FilipinoNinja67
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes! I completely agree! Those of you that try to join my games, from now on you need to go and sit in your corner and cry! Stop trying to win because it prevents me from winning and i don't appreciate it.

jmk1999
04-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Yes! I completely agree! Those of you that try to join my games, from now on you need to go and sit in your corner and cry! Stop trying to win because it prevents me from winning and i don't appreciate it.

ha! :rolleyes:

deadly_thought
04-04-2012, 06:58 AM
i think that it would feel more legitimate if said opponents actually had a chance of winning but we all know that even if they do happen to take first place it still counts as a loss with this being fairly common knowledge it makes you wonder if people are simply trolling

they are of course i do it all the time weve all done it but it different ways nobody can say theyve never joined a match with 3 mins to go and immediately decided to see how much points you can score can they?

or equipped the hidden gun or tripbombs/both (i know its SDM) just because you joined late and it doesnt matter anyway?

jmk1999
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
you actually get XP... so i see nothing wrong with it. even if you stand no chance of winning, you're still gonna get something out of it.

deadly_thought
04-04-2012, 07:32 AM
just saying

Stopthemadness87
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Its both hilarious and sad that they still haven't fixed the bug or whatever it is that makes wins not count when you join a session in progress.. Especially when its almost impossible to find a session that hasn't already started. You're forced to take an automatic loss before you can start playing for real. A lot of people aren't playing the game at all anymore because the game is filled with a ton of what really is minor issues on its own, but combined they completely ruin the experience. Why even have win% as a stat when its clearly flawed? Of course people will play like idiots when they're thrown into a session that means nothing to them. Fix all these **** problems that everyone has complained about since the beta, and maybe people will stop complaining and actually enjoy playing acr. Fixing acr would help sales for the next game aswell, so everyone wins.

FilipinoNinja67
04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Whenever i join a game late i still try. If im not going to get a win, at least i'll prevent others from winning the same game :P

luckyto
04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Dude, if I'm in the game and you are my contract whether there be 7 seconds or 7 minutes left.. I'm coming for you. And I'll probably be more crass, brazen and flat out crazy about it because I like to use those "half games" as time to experiment... I'll probably rush kill, roof and run --- and maybe even give up a few easy stuns by attempting approaches/abilities I would not normally try.

If you can't win the game, it has nothing to do with the new players ---

jmk1999
04-05-2012, 06:03 AM
If you can't win the game, it has nothing to do with the new players ---

this... :rolleyes:

cjdavies
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Whenever i join a game late i still try. If im not going to get a win, at least i'll prevent others from winning the same game :P

Same here, I try and see how high of a postion I can get joining late.

TheLeoCrow
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
several times I joined a match with only 3 minutes left on the clock and ended up winning. It may not count in your stats but the people who care about their stats wouldn't stay in a game that only has 3 more minutes left. Usually, the people who care about their stats just leave when they see they aren't winning.

Besides, you learn more about your opponents by actually playing with them. And you join a game because you want to play, not wait in a corner like a naughty child

travilanche
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I always try no matter how much time is left when I get dropped in the game. But I hate being dropped into a match with 2 or 3 minutes left. I wish there was a cutoff at about 7 minutes left and no one could join the match after that point.

UrbanSaint
04-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I don't really care much about joining a game late. If there are at least 5 minutes left in the game I usually stick around and play like I normally would, even though I don't expect to win. Personally my only annoyance with Deathmatch is the contract system

Insanem0nk3
04-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Wait, why doesn't it count in your stats? Only games that start from 10 minutes are recorded?

I agree with all your points btw

Stopthemadness87
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Wait, why doesn't it count in your stats? Only games that start from 10 minutes are recorded?

I agree with all your points btw

In my experience, as long as you hear robot lady say "synchronizing agents" you'll get the win if you end up first. I dont know exactly where the cut-off is, but I've noticed that wins often counts when there's 8.30 or more remaining.

As for why. Its ubisoft. Thats how they roll...

BeCk41
04-07-2012, 10:16 AM
my constant annoyance with Deathmatch is that you either spawn in front of your pursuer, or in front of your target (it always happens to me) so I'm either tapping X or B because I know whats expected THATS MY GREATEST ANNOYANCE (((O_O)))