PDA

View Full Version : New interview (sword confirmed)

dex3108BL
04-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Here is small video about Ubisoft Montreal and at 7:45 Alex has confirmed that sword is in game :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FguViRmzplA&feature=youtu.be&t=6m3s

deskpe
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Already seen sword on connor in images a while ago ;)

notafanboy
04-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Here is small video about Ubisoft Montreal and at 7:45 Alex has confirmed that sword is in game :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FguViRmzplA&feature=youtu.be&t=6m3s
he had a sword in the early consept arts

kriegerdesgottes
04-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Yay it's nice to hear some more confirmation outside of that one concept art that I can still use a sword. I would not be happy if all I could ever use is a tomahawk. I'm just not a tomahawk kind of guy.

GLHS
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You say that now, but we all know you're gonna have a blast playing with it. But yeah, this is the same thing as the hidden blade. Idk why anybody would think that either one of them wouldn't be in the game. It's AC. It's a given.

BBALive
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Swords were confirmed by the Freedom Edition anyway. I hope Native American Spears are in the game too.

rileypoole1234
04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I really want to see Captain Kidd's sword. That'll be really cool, and the fact that you find it in a Mayan Temple... Just wow.

Limed_-
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
The sword system is rather boring after four continuous games that used it. I'm not surprised though, I just hope it doesn't become Connor's favourite weapon, just one to use for a short period of time that could maybe be looted from soldiers.

BBALive
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
The sword system is rather boring after four continuous games that used it. I'm not surprised though, I just hope it doesn't become Connor's favourite weapon, just one to use for a short period of time that could maybe be looted from soldiers.

It would be dumb to make such a popular weapon like the sword a one-use only weapon. The way the sword is used will obviously be different in this game anyway.

Besides, it's already confirmed you can obtain at least one sword (Captain Kidd's cutlass). They aren't going to give it to you then take it away.

SixKeys
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Besides, you can choose your own weapons. I don't see why including the sword would be a problem, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

BBALive
04-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Absolutely. To be honest a lack of varied weapons was the only things I was worried about. Hopefully they'll address my concerns soon enough. Swords, daggers/knives, tomahawks/axes, war clubs, fire-arms, hidden blades (multiple types were alluded to in a Q&A), bow & arrow, throwing knives and the rope dart have been confirmed so far. I would like to see Native American spears/lances, Native American shields (Shield + other weapon combos would be great in my opinion) and Jawbone clubs. Halberds are also a possibility, but they were purely ornamental at the time.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Tomahawk, Rope Dart, Pontiac's War Club. They also hinted at Double Hidden Blades making a return.

I can't wait to use these new toys.

Limed_-
04-03-2012, 07:13 PM
It would be dumb to make such a popular weapon like the sword a one-use only weapon. The way the sword is used will obviously be different in this game anyway.

Besides, it's already confirmed you can obtain at least one sword (Captain Kidd's cutlass). They aren't going to give it to you then take it away.

I'm fine with it as long as they don't re-use sword animations, new ones would fit a new game well.

Timeaus
04-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm fine with it as long as they don't re-use sword animations, new ones would fit a new game well.

I agreed.
Well they did said that none of the animations from previous AC games will carry over into AC3, so I would assume that the sword animations would all be new. It would be nice to see how Connor uses a sword with his dual style combat.

BBALive
04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Tomahawk, Rope Dart, Pontiac's War Club. They also hinted at Double Hidden Blades making a return.

I can't wait to use these new toys.

In one of the Q&As Hutchinson said "Finally, of course the hidden blades are back and we’ve made some style changes so he can actually spin one of them in his hand and use it as a knife, but it’s the key to silent kills."

I took this to mean that there'd be multiple types of hidden blades. I'm pretty excited if that is the case. Evolves the hidden blade formula once again.

SixKeys
04-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. To be honest a lack of varied weapons was the only things I was worried about. Hopefully they'll address my concerns soon enough. Swords, daggers/knives, tomahawks/axes, war clubs, fire-arms, hidden blades (multiple types were alluded to in a Q&A), bow & arrow, throwing knives and the rope dart have been confirmed so far. I would like to see Native American spears/lances, Native American shields (Shield + other weapon combos would be great in my opinion) and Jawbone clubs. Halberds are also a possibility, but they were purely ornamental at the time.

Shields in this era would go against the idea of stealth. Like nobody's going to pay attention to the guy walking around with a native American shield when he's trying to blend in.

BBALive
04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Shields in this era would go against the idea of stealth. Like nobody's going to pay attention to the guy walking around with a native American shield when he's trying to blend in.

Yeah, like a guy kitted out in a white outfit strapped to the teeth with weapons will go unnoticed anyway.

Whether the shield would work or not, I still think they'd be fun to use.

morpheusPrime08
04-03-2012, 11:31 PM
he had a sword in the early consept arts

Theyve shown early concept art already , does anyone have a link pls?

RzaRecta357
04-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Not only hinted at the hidden blade having a double. But one will spin around into a dagger.

LordWolv
04-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Finally we have confirmation, because I was starting to doubt whether we were going to have swords.

'-_-

Timeaus
04-04-2012, 06:28 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx
The cover picture for gameinformer show that connor is carrying a sword or saber on his left side ( side where hes hold the pistol). Behind his left hang basically. Also did anyone notice that the art picture done by Alex Ross the back side shows that his coat is outlined with red instead of blue?

pirate1802
04-04-2012, 06:40 AM

LOL! I laughed imagining that. Connor trying to blend in holding a large native american shield, Lmfao!