PDA

View Full Version : The epic battles in Assassins's creed 3?

Marky2388
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Hay all :).

First off, I'm so happy to hear the next Assassins creed game is set in American Revolution.

We've all herd about having 2,000 soldiers on screen for the battles and we have our own objective in them,
but i want to know is, will there be close combat between the patriots and redcoats and can we stay there and join in?
or will it be just from a distance there fighting?

also - How much of the game do you think we'll encounter of the french and indian war?

cheers,

LightRey
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
From what I gathered, you'll be able to interact with every single one of those guys.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
From what I gathered, you'll be able to interact with every single one of those guys.

If this Is true, I'm gonna' make a point of killing EVERYONE xD

LightRey
04-03-2012, 02:06 PM
If this Is true, I'm gonna' make a point of killing EVERYONE xD
Well, considering the suggested difficulty of the combat, that may be quite a challenge. xD

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Well, considering the suggested difficulty of the combat, that may be quite a challenge. xD

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1i5tqBAdE1qdj5br.jpg

BBALive
04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hay all :).

First off, I'm so happy to hear the next Assassins creed game is set in American Revolution.

We've all herd about having 2,000 soldiers on screen for the battles and we have our own objective in them,
but i want to know is, will there be close combat between the patriots and redcoats and can we stay there and join in?
or will it be just from a distance there fighting?

also - How much of the game do you think we'll encounter of the french and indian war?

cheers,

I'm not so sure about the first part. You might be able to stay behind and kill some troops, but expect that they're be using fire-arms rather than close-combat, so running out into the open to kill some Redcoats/Patriots will likely get you killed. I'm not certain about this though.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1i5tqBAdE1qdj5br.jpg
fair enough xD

brick177
04-03-2012, 02:35 PM
One of the articles stated that trying to run down a line of redcoats slashing throats would get you killed real quick. While you can interact with every aspect of the battle, your role in the battle is to take out targets amidst the chaos, not take British Regulars head on. Also, battles back then were still very much heavily melee oriented. After a few volleys/advances it becomes a stabbing and clubbing match.

tarrero
04-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I was doing a little "research" yesterday, since I did not know very much about the American Revolution, and found out that, to my surprise, not many generals, or at least the most know people during the revolution die during the timeline of the game, besides one or two names may be. I have no idea who the templars will be.

brick177
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I was doing a little "research" yesterday, since I did not know very much about the American Revolution, and found out that, to my surprise, not many generals, or at least the most know people during the revolution die during the timeline of the game, besides one or two names may be. I have no idea who the templars will be.

This is true. It may be that we might find out more about the story if we look up major players who died during the game's timeline and seeing what their bios hold. Many of our targets may well be made up people or people who have little information on them. Certainly major targets in AC have been allowed to live or have gotten away because historically they died in other times and places.

The Colonists fought a dirty, assymetric war against the British, because the British had the most powerful military in the world. The Colonists broke with international convention and would target officers on the field of battle to try to get the Brits disorganized. I'm sure we'll be helping to eliminate officers in the big battles.

Marky2388
04-03-2012, 04:56 PM
i'm not expecting to take on the whole British army or Colonists. Just - say we were going after a redcoat officer. We had to plan tactics on how we would get to him and once we killed him, it would be cool to stay and watch the battle unfold while watching them getting closer to each other till they fight with melee's and benet.