PDA

View Full Version : Can you assassinate guards from water in AC2?

KrYpToNiC95
04-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I am going through another play through of AC2 and I can't help but wonder if you can assassinate guards from water. At some places in Venice there are steps that go right into the water and I have seen guards walk towards the edge then walk away. I don't think it is possible because I have not tried it but has anyone else attempted to do it?

reddragonhrcro
04-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I am going through another play through of AC2 and I can't help but wonder if you can assassinate guards from water. At some places in Venice there are steps that go right into the water and I have seen guards walk towards the edge then walk away. I don't think it is possible because I have not tried it but has anyone else attempted to do it?

It works like on any other edge(like pulling down a rooftop guard from the roof)

KrYpToNiC95
04-03-2012, 12:44 PM
It works like on any other edge(like pulling down a rooftop guard from the roof)

I mean if your actually in the water rather than actually holding on to a ledge whilst in the water. The steps though are obviously almost on water level.

DavisP92
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I mean if your actually in the water rather than actually holding on to a ledge whilst in the water. The steps though are obviously almost on water level.

no, i remember trying and never being able to do it. I really hope it's in AC3 though

oliacr
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
you can't

GLHS
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Nah, especially if it's like where the chests are and stuff right beside the water. The only way to even be able to attempt it is hanging from the ledge, and even then it starts the animation and the guards basically just back up. Idk how many times I tried it, and it never worked.

NightGhost1994
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You can't, but that would be interesting. SC Double Agent had a takedown from water and It was very useful.

Abeonis
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
you can't
Maybe you can't, but everybody else can. OP: All you need to do is swim up to the edge and grab the ledge, then assassinate them when they walk up to you.

GLHS
04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
You can't, but that would be interesting. SC Double Agent had a takedown from water and It was very useful.

Dude, it's been since the game came out that I played it, but that's one of the few things I remember about it. That was pretty cool.

D.I.D.
04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
you can't

You can. You have to have both hands on the ledge nearest to the water.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Maybe you can't, but everybody else can. OP: All you need to do is swim up to the edge and grab the ledge, then assassinate them when they walk up to you.
That's not what they mean with an assassination from water.

GLHS
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
You still can't do it where they're guarding the chests by the main river that runs through Venice though. It cuts the animation. But OP is asking specifically from the water anyway, and not just hanging off the ledge. That you cannot do.

D.I.D.
04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
That's not what they mean with an assassination from water.

I don't understand why the OP wants it to happen from swimming though. I would just swim up, wait for Ezio's hands to attach to the lip of the harbour, and then do the assassination when the guard walks close enough. You don't leave the water, after all. Seems like a strange question: am I missing something?

LightRey
04-03-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't understand why the OP wants it to happen from swimming though. I would just swim up, wait for Ezio's hands to attach to the lip of the harbour, and then do the assassination when the guard walks close enough. You don't leave the water, after all. Seems like a strange question: am I missing something?
I don't really see the point either, but he is specifically asking for an assassination from the water itself, not a ledge or the like. The thing is that such an assassination is basically the same as getting out and stabbing someone unless you want to do it from underwater and drag him in, but that's not very realistic as you shouldn't be able to see much from underwater.