PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Bomb Buff?

Toki Wartoooth
04-03-2012, 12:53 AM
So I was just watching a Loomer video where a smoke bomb without the delay was demonstrated. I haven't played in a while, so don't yell at me for not noticing this. When he pointed this out(not like he had to cuz' it was a pretty noticeable change), I got a little frazzled. The exploit happens at 2:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZjE2De6U4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2dd0aabFAAAAAAAAAAA

Did this really happen? Did Ubi buff the smoke bomb? I have never been one to complain about the game, but a change like this is not welcome.

Also, how's the population on Brotherhood?

xCr0wnedNorris
04-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Smokebombs: Already pretty powerful.
Ubisoft's decision: MUST MAKE THEM STRONGER!!!! *Injects steroids*

Depends on what system you're on. I've been finding player Manhunt games without too much trouble on the 360. Haven't really delved into the other game modes too much. :|

FilipinoNinja67
04-03-2012, 03:18 AM
I for one am happy about the change. It has made every mode all the better, now i can pull off my focused hidden smoke bomb poisons without them stunning me through my smoke or after i poison them! "Thank you Ubi! <3"

The irony from this is that the people that brought on the change now hate it.

Toki Wartoooth
04-03-2012, 03:44 AM
I for one am happy about the change. It has made every mode all the better, now i can pull off my focused hidden smoke bomb poisons without them stunning me through my smoke or after i poison them! "Thank you Ubi! <3"

Sarcasm?

I don't think I saw anyone say they wanted the smoke bomb delay to be removed. In fact, I've seen people mention that they want a longer cool down on the smoke because it is already so versatile. Also, if I am hearing correct, you like that you can now pull off offensive smoke/focus/poison on people to also achieve a hidden bonus? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, then maybe it's time I leave AC:R.

EnglishPhoenix
04-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Yeah, I'm one of those asses that use offensive smoke and I don't really care. So I can say that it does give you the hidden bonus if you are on a blend group spot.

I do understand the issues that come along with the delay being taken away. Although I would argue that the laggy nature of the game makes this reasonable. Because if I detonate my smoke bomb at a reasonable time that should definitely catch my pursuer/target and they lag through it, then that's not fair. But it did help it not be so OP.

I'm just annoyed that I get caught in it when I purposely run up a wall to get an aerial kill or stand on a chimney. But it is nice that it catches people on sloped roofs/stairs when they deserve to be in it.

It just seems that nothing in this game can be made to work right without breaking something else.

obliviondoll
04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
The problem was that Smoke was unreliable on anything but a flat surface.

The solution SHOULD have been a slight boost to vertical effect, both up and down. Instead, they gave it about 10 times the buff it needed upwards, and I haven't seen evidence of whether they buffed it downwards at all or not. At least I can honestly say they didn't OVER-buff it downwards, from what I've seen.

Also worth mentioning, the people calling for this "buff" were ALSO calling for a MAJOR cooldown increase, so a straight buff without anything to balance it is DEFINITELY not what was being called for.

G1ZMO_DRAG0N
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes they buffed its. Yes it was uncalled for. And, all players that asked for the buff or are happy with the changes are those who cant do as much as get a lure without their precious SB/OSB -___-

xCr0wnedNorris
04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
and I haven't seen evidence of whether they buffed it downwards at all or not. At least I can honestly say they didn't OVER-buff it downwards, from what I've seen.

Trust me, they did. I've been on an entire story below a smokebomb and I was still coughing when they threw it at me.

FilipinoNinja67
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Sarcasm?

I don't think I saw anyone say they wanted the smoke bomb delay to be removed. In fact, I've seen people mention that they want a longer cool down on the smoke because it is already so versatile. Also, if I am hearing correct, you like that you can now pull off offensive smoke/focus/poison on people to also achieve a hidden bonus? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, then maybe it's time I leave AC:R.

Yeah sarcasm all the way. The people that don't even play ACR were the ones that got the update for us, the people that do play ACR. How is there nothing wrong with that? And yes OSB is used and accepted by the community, it is the Rev equivalent to stunlocking in Brohood. People always find the cheapest way to win then make up excuses for why they are playing like a CoD player, "Stunlocking takes teamwork!", "I needed my variety!", "Contested killz ruin my scores!". ..... -_-

cjdavies
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I have stopped using OSB and use the Smokebomb now for more defence instead, so this is good in a way when someone runs at you and you know mute will fail.

XxXZero0oXxX
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm not one to complain about things that are in the game, but buffing smoke was just stupid. People can drop it with ur knee/blade 2 cm from their face and miraculously dodge u now. It can knock u off ledges when ure trying to get a grab kill. It now stops u from getting acrobatics when someone throws a smoke. U can't run up a wall to avoid it and jump on them anymore. Which of those was a good change? None of them.

deadly_thought
04-04-2012, 03:31 AM
nobody asked for smoke to be buffed and for assassinate to be nerfed what happened was we presented ubi with a list of problems and how those problems effect gameplay IE stun prompt and poison (also smoke/poison bugs) rather than sort it all out by attacking the source they decided to go the cheap way about it

alot of people did want the cooldown extended it seems the response to smoke inconsistency was to make it more powerful i hope they dont try to fix mute or disguise (wich they ssaid they fixed but they didnt)

n00bfi_97
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah sarcasm all the way. The people that don't even play ACR were the ones that got the update for us, the people that do play ACR. How is there nothing wrong with that? And yes OSB is used and accepted by the community, it is the Rev equivalent to stunlocking in Brohood. People always find the cheapest way to win then make up excuses for why they are playing like a CoD player, "Stunlocking takes teamwork!", "I needed my variety!", "Contested killz ruin my scores!". ..... -_-

OSB is perfectly fine and that's all there is to it...

But this buff however, was totally uncalled. No moar grab kills for me on Asa anymore...

FilipinoNinja67
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
OSB is perfectly fine and that's all there is to it...

But this buff however, was totally uncalled. No moar grab kills for me on Asa anymore...

This buff it perfectly fine, if its part of the game then it means it is fine and its not stoopid in any way. Because its in the game.

Is that what you just said to me?

n00bfi_97
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
NO! I said the smoke bomb before was fine, but this buff was uncalled for...

FilipinoNinja67
04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Okay lol, i am so sick of hearing that on here. I usually just turn around and throw templar vision or gun back at those people. X) instead i threw the buff back.

PANiC_ATTACKER
04-04-2012, 01:59 PM

thats what I loved doing! a great change from Ubi!!
this is still a Smokebomb winge thread and they shoudl all be automatically closed, deleted and the OP flogged!

DannyStrong
04-05-2012, 03:55 AM
im really hoping that they return smoke to as is was. i thought it was pretty well rounded before. it wasn't totally reliable. but i think that was an oka factor in smoke bomb. smoke bombs are offensive, defensive, and have really short cooldowns. having an element of luck to them where it takes a second or two for them to actually activate kind of balanced these things out.

smoke bomb just has no weaknesses now

Just Krispy
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I played about 5 matches and every time I threw down a defensive smoke bomb, my pursuer countered AFTER with an offensive smoke bomb. I re crafted my SB for duration and I was still getting O smoke bombed in my own SB.Also compared to ME3 MP, the frame rate loss in ACR is really bad...Its really sad how bad the lag in this game really is....