PDA

View Full Version : Prediction about the "Kill in first 30 seconds"

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 07:33 AM
The idea recently sprung into my head while thinking about how this would work if the game starts immediately after Revelations ends and the only thing that strikes me is that this kill has to be on either Shaun, Rebecca, Bill or unlikely enough, Desmond himself. I suspect that it will be Shaun if this is indeed the case. Perhaps his jealousy of Desmond and the other front-line Assassin's made him easily manipulated by Lucy to join the Templar's cause. The more I think of it the more unlikely it also seems, but this really has me puzzled.

This is of course going off of the idea that the game doesn't start in the 18th century with Connor; then it could nearly be anyone.

infamous_ezio
04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
The devs have said that during the game shaun makes witty comments about because he is also british, so can't be him.

I recon that the templars will be at the temple waiting, and desmond will be in his ultimate assassin mode.. ready to kill anything!

AdamXEve
04-02-2012, 08:32 AM
What does witty comments have to do with...:confused: Nevermind.

Scystab
04-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Well Rebecca is the team's engineer, we need her for the Animus. Shaun is a historian, so we need him for the database, to get the "tourist" feel Ubisoft wants us to experiance. And you can't kill off Desmond, else you can't relive the memories.
So the only person not cruical (compared to the others atleast) would be Bill. But he's still the leader of the Assassins. Even though, the Templars are set out to eliminate him...

freddie_1897
04-02-2012, 09:16 AM
thats right, everyones against the English guy ....

pirate1802
04-02-2012, 09:51 AM
thats right, everyones against the English guy ....

LOL at your sig.

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
This topic has been discussed in other threads, but it is likely that you fight the templars sent by vidic at the end of the multiplayer. For some reason, they want to capture William.

infamous_ezio
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
What does witty comments have to do with...:confused: Nevermind.

he makes witty comments during the time your playing as connor, hence he can't be killed at the start...

deskpe
04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone have a link to where this has been said? the 30 sec thing.

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
For some reason, they want to capture William.

Maybe because he Is the Leader of the Assassins...

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe because he Is the Leader of the Assassins...
No, its because 30 years ago William pulled an April fool`s joke on Warren..
Ok seriously..
They want to kill William, not capture him..

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
They want to kill William, not capture him..

Really? I thought they wanted to take him out to wine and dine.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Really? I thought they wanted to take him out to wine and dine.
Forgive me , I wasnt intending to refer to you with this comment..
I was pointing it out to the one u replied to..

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Forgive me , I wasnt intending to refer to you with this comment..
I was pointing it out to the one u replied to..

You shall be forgiven. I bare no grudge.

DavisP92
04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
well since the templars are trying to capture/kill Desmond's dad then you probably kill the templars attacking William in the beginning

freddie_1897
04-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Or maybe you don't
Maybe you're a sleeper agent, and you kill your own father?

(jk)

infamous_ezio
04-02-2012, 01:58 PM
If the templars are at the temple, how did they find the location?

DavisP92
04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
If the templars are at the temple, how did they find the location?

probably lucy told them before she died

LightRey
04-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Or the game starts inside the animus, like AC1 and ACB did, and you perform an assassination as Connor in a glitched memory before being forced out of the memory.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
04-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Or the game starts inside the animus, like AC1 and ACB did, and you perform an assassination as Connor in a glitched memory before being forced out of the memory.

I originally thought that is how it would happen, but I am sure that Alex has also said that ACIII picks up exactly where Revelations left. I will try and find the reference.

infamous_ezio
04-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I originally thought that is how it would happen, but I am sure that Alex has also said that ACIII picks up exactly where Revelations left. I will try and find the reference.

its in the Q&A article, which should be floating around the forums somewhere...

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM

What is Desmond up to since he’s woken up from his coma? AC3 begins directly after ACR, with Desmond waking up and arriving at a brand new present day location. We’re not talking about it in detail yet but we promise some serious resolutions in Desmond’s storyline and some big events! You’ll have more Desmond moments than ever before.

infamous_ezio
04-02-2012, 02:44 PM

No worries :D. Sorry for not finding the link I was a bit busy!
this really gets my hopes up, the modern day story can take so many good turns which will make it the best. Curious to know who desmond assassinates when he gets their, lucy didn't know bout the temple because she was stabbed before they found the locations.

GunnarGunderson
04-02-2012, 03:07 PM
they probably mean first 30 seconds as Connor

Poodle_of_Doom
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
This topic has been discussed in other threads, but it is likely that you fight the templars sent by vidic at the end of the multiplayer. For some reason, they want to capture William.

Personally, I thought that it might be Vidic. I could see a fight ensue over the vault, plus Vidic wanted to capture William. So, I think it might be Vidic.

RzaRecta357
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't know man. They said we're gonna be getting more Desmond time. I have a feeling Daniel and crew are going to attack and kill William in the beginning. Thus leaving the order up to Desmond whom will become the mentor just like his ancestors.

That's if Conner becomes a mentor. They're important for some reason, so he probably will.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Shaun is gonna get his for calling the baddest assassin in 2012 a 'vegan assassin' >:O... Shaun is gonna get shot by the gun which is located in a box in the van called ''Desmond's stuff''. Can't wait :D

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Why would they kill William in the beginning? They just introduced him and then they would kill him without developing his character? I wouldn't care if he died in the beginning, which is bad. We should care about him more before he dies.

Edit: They don't want to kill him, they want to capture him, hence them saying retrieval team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1akjsLTXX9E&feature=player_detailpage#t=500s

it's near the end btw

Somebody said that they did want to kill him, not capture.

rileypoole1234
04-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I think it's going to be some random Templar sent to spy on them or something. Or a fight with Daniel, which would indeed be interesting. It may start out in the animus though like people said before.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Why would they kill William in the beginning? They just introduced him and then they would kill him without developing his character? I wouldn't care if he died in the beginning, which is bad. We should care about him more before he dies.

Edit: They don't want to kill him, they want to capture him, hence them saying retrieval team.

it's near the end btw

The retrieval team may not be Daniel`s team..
and "Go get him !!" does imply killing..
and why in the right mind would they want to capture the leader of the Assassins ?

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't get why people say it will start out in the animus. I think it would be weird. He wakes up and says he knows what he needs to do and his dad opens the door and then he lays back down and his dad is like oh... and then closes the door. It would just be awkward.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't get why people say it will start out in the animus. I think it would be weird. He wakes up and says he knows what he needs to do and his dad opens the door and then he lays back down and his dad is like oh... and then closes the door. It would just be awkward.
I strongly believe that it`ll go like this..
Desmond and Co. will be on their way to the Temple, when The Templars attack and they fend them off but, hopefully, Shaun dies..
then they continue their way and find that they need to search some DNA memories to find the "key" into the temple; so they head back to HQ and find records about Connor, and decide to relive his memories..

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:26 PM
The retrieval team may not be Daniel`s team..
and "Go get him !!" does imply killing..
and why in the right mind would they want to capture the leader of the Assassins ?

I don't feel like go get him means kill. If Vidic told me to go get him, I'd go and get him, not kill him.
What if they wanted to attract assassins to kill them. They sounded pretty strong in AC 1 when they killed those assassins.

she-assassin
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Desmond and Co. will be on their way to the Temple, when The Templars attack and they fend them off but, hopefully, Shaun dies..
then they continue their way and find that they need to search some DNA memories to find the "key" into the temple; so they head back to HQ and find records about Connor, and decide to relive his memories..
Apart from Shaun dying, I agree with you.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't feel like go get him means kill. If Vidic told me to go get him, I'd go and get him, not kill him.
What if they wanted to attract assassins to kill them. They sounded pretty strong in AC 1 when they killed those assassins.
Doesnt look like their strategy..
Theirs seem to always depend on removing the leader..
It proved successful before in 2000

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:31 PM

"Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way."

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
"Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way."
Ok fine..
But something inside the temple will somehow lead them to deciding to relive Connor`s memories..

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Ok fine..
But something inside the temple will somehow lead them to deciding to relive Connor`s memories..
That's what I'm thinking.

she-assassin
04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
In fact, it doesn't make any sense. They say they know where William is but never comment about Desmond being actually with him. Don't they want to get Desmond too? Not anymore?

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
In fact, it doesn't make any sense. They say they know where William is but never comment about Desmond being actually with him. Don't they want to get Desmond too? Not anymore?
Maybe that is for the retrieval team to handle ?
so they`re giving the info concerning only the Assassination team..

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:37 PM

I was wondering about that. This is a crazy guess but maybe they found out about an important ancestor and want him to relive memories to get them information. I think I am completely wrong.

gp2razor
04-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't think the game'll start will Connor. This is because if the game takes place (For Desmond) straight after AC:R, they'll need to incorperate the Animus 3.0 somehow before they introduce us to Connor. :D

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think the game'll start will Connor. This is because if the game takes place (For Desmond) straight after AC:R, they'll need to incorperate the Animus 3.0 somehow before they introduce us to Connor. :D
Aaaaaand another Excellently thought reason about why it`ll start with Desmond, not Connor..
Props

she-assassin
Maybe that is for the retrieval team to handle ?
so they`re giving the info concerning only the Assassination team..
And why exactly would they do that? They can get them both at once. But for some reason, they don't want to. Or maybe, they just think they know where he is. Doesn't mean he'll be waiting there for them...

JCearlyyears

Yeah. It's been said in the GI i think that it will pick up where revs left off.

Someone on this forum said that they will find tech in the vault that will advance the animus but I'm not so sure.

JCearlyyears
04-02-2012, 10:46 PM
And why exactly would they do that? They can get them both at once. But for some reason, they don't want to. Or maybe, they just think they know where he is. Doesn't mean he'll be waiting there for them...

That sounds possible, but it would have to be a pretty good diversion. Well I would imagine so.

gp2razor
04-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Has anyone thought of the possibility that we may not be killing a human...

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Has anyone thought of the possibility that we may not be killing a human...
Yes..
Desmond stepping on a poor ****roach as he gets out of the Van and then.... 'bloink' Achievement Unlocked "First assassination"

gp2razor
04-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes..
Desmond stepping on a poor ****roach as he gets out of the Van and then.... 'bloink' Achievement Unlocked "First assassination"

The team get attacked by a bear and Desmond quickly equipts his hidden blade and kills it! :P

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Ok fine..

I'm thinking William and the team will already know which Ancestor Desmond has to "go to" next, and that they might take him to HQ to fill him In on the details of where and why.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm thinking William and the team will already know which Ancestor Desmond has to "go to" next, and that they might take him to HQ to fill him In on the details of where and why.
There has to be a reason..
It just cant pop out of no where..

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
There has to be a reason..
It just cant pop out of no where..

Yes, and William could explain the reason back at HQ, hence the "why". Also there could be the Animus 3.0 there, that the team have been working on since (maybe) the end of Brotherhood.

Assassin_M
04-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes, and William could explain the reason back at HQ, hence the "why". Also there could be the Animus 3.0 there, that the team have been working on since (maybe) the end of Brotherhood.
What was the point of difference again ?:p

frogger504
04-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Loading Screen Meta-Game, they said the White Room would be more interactive already.

Also, they said from inserting the disc so I'm thinking main menu meta-game.

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 11:27 PM
What was the point of difference again ?:p

The difference between Desmond discovering Connors existence, finding out he's the next ancestor to "relive", and actually being told by William, who's already done the research.

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Loading Screen Meta-Game, they said the White Room would be more interactive already.

Also, they said from inserting the disc so I'm thinking main menu meta-game.

WTH Is the main menu meta-game?

Poodle_of_Doom
04-02-2012, 11:54 PM

it's near the end btw

This Daniel that's mentioned in this video.... is this the Daniel I'm thinking of?

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 11:58 PM
This Daniel that's mentioned in this video.... is this the Daniel I'm thinking of?

It Is.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
In the video vidic, in the last video, he says '' You have all been brought here today....'' sooo all those guys in red shirts in the beginning are there? or is it the team shown to him in that paper with alan rikkin and company...?

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
What if Connor is Bill's ancestor? I don' think I would care for that decision and find it unlikely, but it would make sense.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:22 AM
not possible, its about desmond not william...>_> and even if it was william , don't you think that desmond would have the same genetic memory?

Poodle_of_Doom
04-03-2012, 01:28 AM
It Is.

So,... he's still alive? I thought he died... I've never read the comics though....

What if Connor is Bill's ancestor? I don' think I would care for that decision and find it unlikely, but it would make sense.

Technically, he would be.... along with Altair, and Ezio (as long as Ezio wasn't from Desmond's mother's lineage), because... you know,... there's the whole BILL BEING DESMOND'S FREAKING FATHER......

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Just because Ezio and Altair are Desmond's ancestors doesn't mean they are also Bill's ancestors. Also, it has never been confirmed that William is Desmond's birth father, fyi.

not possible, its about desmond not william...>_> and even if it was william , don't you think that desmond would have the same genetic memory?

For the record, I was just throwing it out there, I doubt he's William's ancestor either.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 01:33 AM
So,... he's still alive? I thought he died... I've never read the comics though....

Nah he's alive. The only reason I know Is because he was In one of the vids you unlock In ACR MP, and from the look of It, he will be one of the Templar's sent by Vidic to Kill Bill (pardon the pun) ;)

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Daniel Cross is still alive and is now a master Templar; part of the inner sanctum.

May the father of understanding guide you.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Daniel Cross is still alive and is now a master Templar; part of the inner sanctum.

May the father of understanding guide you.

I don't think so pal....May the father of understanding guide YOU! ....and william is desmonds biological dad due to the fact that they look alike >_> they have the same nose....

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
They're both designed by the same creative team.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:52 AM
They're both designed by the same creative team.

So the creative team's consensus is his biological parent ?

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm not disputing that he is Desmond's biological father, I'm saying it has never been confirmed nor denied. You should stop operating under the assumption that all things known are also true.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm not disputing that he is Desmond's biological father, I'm saying it has never been confirmed nor denied. You should stop operating under the assumption that all things known are also true.

You disputed for a second there. It was confirmed when William said at the end of AC:R ''son?'' You should stop operating under the influence of abstract thought, it might make you believe that arbitrary possibilities are probable truths.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-03-2012, 02:43 AM

Just like your drawing an assumption that their not related?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
o.O burn....

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 04:37 AM

No. Because, I'm not. I said I wasn't. I was just presenting the possiblity. He was making blanket statements as if they were fact. You just made a strawman argument.

frogger504
04-03-2012, 04:45 AM
You disputed for a second there. It was confirmed when William said at the end of AC:R ''son?'' You should stop operating under the influence of abstract thought, it might make you believe that arbitrary possibilities are probable truths.

Possible truths, not absolute truths.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-03-2012, 06:14 AM

At least some people draw conclusion from stuff that actually occured in the game instead of "Presenting Possibility"

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 06:27 AM
LOL. Just. LOL.

frogger504
04-03-2012, 06:28 AM
At least some people draw conclusion from stuff that actually occured in the game instead of "Presenting Possibility"

Point still stands.

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Apparently coming up with theories isn't reasonable. This whole forum should be shut down.

frogger504
04-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Apparently coming up with theories isn't reasonable. This whole forum should be shut down.

That wasn't the point.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok, this is getting nowhere. It is highly likely that William is indeed Desmond's biological father, but any proof of him being his biological father has yet to be presented. Technically, he could simply be his adoptive father.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Actuality, not fantasy.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok, this is getting nowhere. It is highly likely that William is indeed Desmond's biological father, but any proof of him being his biological father has yet to be presented. Technically, he could simply be his adoptive father.

And it's highly likely that I'm a person, but any proof of me being anything other than a monkey has yet to be presented. I assume that you all think that I'm human,... and probibly "know" that it's true....

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
^ That's the logic that I'm talking about :D

LightRey
04-03-2012, 03:32 PM
And it's highly likely that I'm a person, but any proof of me being anything other than a monkey has yet to be presented. I assume that you all think that I'm human,... and probibly "know" that it's true....
Well normally I'd agree, but we know very little about William and it just so happens that genetics play an important role in this game. It would add to Desmond's unique genetics if his biological parents had died when he was very young for example. I'm not saying it's a likely possibility, but it's also not something we can rule out.

infamous_ezio
04-03-2012, 05:12 PM
No. Because, I'm not. I said I wasn't. I was just presenting the possiblity. He was making blanket statements as if they were fact. You just made a strawman argument.

their is no possibility, that would ruin the story..

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Very true.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I would disagree. I don't see how Desmond being William's biological son would be that important a story element.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Would It not be a bit Cliche If William were to turn to Desmond and say, "Son, I am not your real Father." Then again, they could build some awesome story around Desmond finding out by other means, and confronting a stunned William about It. But I just get the feeling that Ubi never created any doubt because It goes without saying that, Yes, Bill Is Desmond's Father.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
If William was Desmond's stepfather wouldn't it have been mentioned in Desmond's journey?

Razrback16
04-03-2012, 07:44 PM
If William was Desmond's stepfather wouldn't it have been mentioned in Desmond's journey?

Could've been. But it's also possible that if William Miles isn't his biological father that maybe Desmond doesn't know that.
Many possibilities.

LightRey
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Not really. They can't mention everything and they reveal very little about Desmond's family. In fact, all Desmond's journey tells us is that William was his father and some woman was his mother.