PDA

View Full Version : Cities with the new engine

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok, so you'll remember that when on top of a viewpoint in Previous games you could only see a few people when you looked straight down. Well, with this new engine which can have thousands of NPCs on screen at once I think that when on top of buildings we will see people walking around the whole city, not just part of it.

To me this will be awesome, and will make climbing a viewpoint so much more worth it.

What other impacts do you think this engine will have on civillian life in cities?

pacmanate
03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Well I already know this engine has given the citizens more life like animations for one

brick177
03-31-2012, 09:57 PM
One of the articles said that every civilian has a purpose. So they have specific homes they come from and specific jobs they go to and perform everyday tasks. They even stop and chat if they bump into each other in the midst of their activities, creating completely unique gatherings of people you can use for blending.

LightRey
03-31-2012, 09:59 PM
One of the articles said that every civilian has a purpose. So they have specific homes they come from and specific jobs they go to and perform everyday tasks. They even stop and chat if they bump into each other in the midst of their activities, creating completely unique gatherings of people you can use for blending.
I wonder if there'll be an option to deliberately create arguments between people or even take part in them yourself.

rileypoole1234
03-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I also read somewhere that the majority of buildings will be enter-able, which would be amazing if true.

brick177
03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
That would be neat. I bet with all the NPC's having minds of their own, you'd be able to create some really spectacular distractions and commotions.

akab211
03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm excited to see how it'll look on the ps3. Also about the fact that you'll see more variety in what civilians do. And the fact that you'll be able to enter buildings sounds exciting. Can't wait for that!

morpheusPrime08
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM

Is it just me, or did AC1 have the most realistic crowds?

SixKeys
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Is it just me, or did AC1 have the most realistic crowds?

Not really. While I do think it's more realistic for people to move separately rather than in groups, none of the NPCs in AC1 had a wide variety of expressions and gestures like they did in the sequels. Things like scratching their head, wiping their nose, randomly sneezing etc. The NPCs in AC1 seem pretty lifeless in comparison.

smengler
03-31-2012, 11:36 PM
I also read somewhere that the majority of buildings will be enter-able, which would be amazing if true.

You might be right, and I hope you are, but I read that you will only be able to jump through windows of buildings when you're being chased. The windows will be closed when you're not being chased. I don't know if that means that you can still enter them or not.