PDA

View Full Version : Will you be able to rebuild sections of cities like in ac brotherhood and revelations

mattnexus
03-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Just wondering if it will be in the game, I kinda reckon it'd be good if it wasn't. It'd make more sense with the newgameplay and story, what does everyone else think?

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
i think they said in an interview that it wasn't in, I was hoping they would, but hopefully they'll have something else instead

oliacr
03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
You will be able to rebuild cities.

LightRey
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
You will be able to rebuild cities.
Actually, you won't. You won't be renovating shops or buying any monuments. The entire economic system in the game has changed completely.

Lass4r
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm 99% sure they have confirmed there will be no rebuilding of cities in AC3.

crash3
03-31-2012, 02:18 PM
personally I think weve had enough city regeneration, Im ready for a new way of making money and gaining the people's support. I hope there is a lot of development throught the new clubs and societies we can join by doing missions and challenges that enable us to upgrade ourselves and help others in the process. As for things like shops, doctors and banks in the cities, I think they will have a constant presence in the game

I hope exploration consists of more missions, not collecting random treasure chests or flags, they were pointless and boring

rileypoole1234
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm glad we won't be rebuilding cities really. But it makes sense because there really wasn't much to rebuild in Boston at that time. I can see it with the fire of New York, but I happy that we won't have to.

brick177
03-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Considering Connor is more of a frontiersman and is used to a nomadic lifestyle and living off the land, I couldn't see him setting up shops and stuff. He'll be a trader for sure. I think it would be cool if he could assemble a small temporary camp in the wilderness, either for establishing trade or maybe for resting up.

TorQue1988
03-31-2012, 04:31 PM
They said that they will be replacing the old rebuild system with something else. Maybe we can buy safe houses.
I'm glad we won't have to rebuild shops anymore because that never made sense in the first place.

GeneralTrumbo
03-31-2012, 04:42 PM
You will not be rebuilding places.

Lord_Roose
03-31-2012, 05:05 PM
This as a great change. City rebuilding kind of bogged down ACB and ACR. It was fun to retake the towers, then it felt like a chore to go around clicking on the shops. It was even worse in ACR when you had to combine that with running off to a herald to reduce your notoriety after each shop rebuilt. I thought AC2 did it a lot better, rewarding you for rebuilding the Villa early but then leaving you to enjoy the fun parts of the game.

As has already been mentioned, 'rebuilding' doesn't make sense in the context of this game. Boston and New York will be relatively new cities, not ancient ones with patches of decay.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:17 PM
i keep thinking that there can't be much more to announce but then you suddenly realise how much stuff we haven't been told yet

Limed_-
03-31-2012, 05:18 PM
It was quite fun rebuilding in ACB as they were ugly signs instead of active shops. However, ACR kinda made me bored of it, but still wanting to do it for some reason. I hope we will be able to rebuild larger structures that actually have an effect on the game, and change buildings around them.

JumpInTheFire13
03-31-2012, 06:23 PM
The renovating system should have been removed after Brotherhood. It didn't make sense to have it in Revelations. I'm glad it's gone for AC3.

TorQue1988
03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
The renovating system should have been removed after Brotherhood. It didn't make sense to have it in Revelations. I'm glad it's gone for AC3.
It only made sense in AC2 with the villa.
I like the idea of having a investment metagame of some sort, but not renovating shops and aqueducts.
A import/export goods metagame (similar to Port Royale) would be cool, especially now that economy system will be based on goods.

Assassin_M
03-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Renovation was Awesome for AC II
It made sense in ACB
But was absurd in ACR
Im glad Its gone..
Connor doesnt seem the Business man Ezio was..
Thats why the economy was changed to a Goods-based system..

LightRey
03-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Renovation was Awesome for AC II
It made sense in ACB
But was absurd in ACR
Im glad Its gone..
Connor doesnt seem the Business man Ezio was..
Thats why the economy was changed to a Goods-based system..
Well I wouldn't call it absurd in ACR, but it did kinda lose its touch a little. It almost became more of an annoyance than anything else. I like that they removed it though. Change is good. :P

Assassin_M
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Well I wouldn't call it absurd in ACR, but it did kinda lose its touch a little. It almost became more of an annoyance than anything else. I like that they removed it though. Change is good. :P
It was absurd because it made no sense..
It had its relevance in the story of rebuilding Rome..
Completely agree about change, though :P xD

AdamXEve
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Short answer: No.

xOMGITSJASONx
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Why would you for a game with its current situation of war and being fought over? You can't build anything when its being fought over by so many factions. That makes no sense logically.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
i can live quite well with that.

Animuses
04-01-2012, 04:43 AM
ACII - Simple economic system in which you spend money to make money. In the end, you see a beautiful outcome. It didn't derail you from the game.
ACB - Renovating the whole city? Now it has gotten out of hand. Not only does it derail you from the game, it becomes the game.
ACR - Unnecessary, useless, torture.

Assassin_M
04-01-2012, 08:34 AM
ACII - Simple economic system in which you spend money to make money. In the end, you see a beautiful outcome. It didn't derail you from the game.
ACB - Renovating the whole city? Now it has gotten out of hand. Not only does it derail you from the game, it becomes the game.
ACR - Unnecessary, useless, torture.
Last Reply: Animuses
Every time I see that name there is nothing but complete discontent for ACB and ACR..
Do you do anything else ?

oliacr
04-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Actually, you won't. You won't be renovating shops or buying any monuments. The entire economic system in the game has changed completely.

somewhere i saw that.

you can renovate buildings but it's won't be very important like in brotherhood / revelations

LightRey
04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
somewhere i saw that.

you can renovate buildings but it's won't be very important like in brotherhood / revelations
I'm quite sure they said they had completely removed the concept. The economy system now relies on things like selling the hides of animals you kill.

oliacr
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm quite sure they said they had completely removed the concept. The economy system now relies on things like selling the hides of animals you kill.

right ;you may renovate markets :D:D:D

InfectedNation
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Rebuilding Constantinople was absolutely absurd and unnecessary in ACR.

It's called Assassin's Creed REVELATIONS, not Renovations... -.-

De Filosoof
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM

Yeah, it was really weird. Renovating shops had some kind of purpose but why buy expensive landmarks? There wasn't a purpose or reward or anything. It didn't make any sense to me.

notafanboy
04-01-2012, 09:46 PM

this. It was kinda fun in AC2 but it was f-ing weak-sauce in ACB/R

pacmanate
04-01-2012, 10:00 PM
They replaced it for the pelts thing Im pretty sure they did it

brick177
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
They said the reworked the whole economy from scratch and that pelt trading/hunting club was just one aspect of the new economy.

JumpInTheFire13
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
It only made sense in AC2 with the villa.
I like the idea of having a investment metagame of some sort, but not renovating shops and aqueducts.
A import/export goods metagame (similar to Port Royale) would be cool, especially now that economy system will be based on goods.
How didn't it make sense in Brotherhood? Ezio was trying to take Rome from the Borgias and their oppression over the city. Renovating it and winning the people's favor seems to make sense.

BBALive
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
They/Ubisoft/Alex Hutchinson said that they were replacing that system with something different. It'll obviously be similar, just more fitting with the setting, the time period, etc.