PDA

View Full Version : 2 new article!!!

catkiller97
03-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Assassin’s Creed 3: The AnvilNext Engine (http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii-qa/)

Must Read - Assassin’s Creed III Q&A (http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii-qa/)
^^ From Article.

• Stealth is more important than ever, what are Connor’s abilities that enable him to become the ultimate predator thanks to stealth?

We have a lot of new stealth features which are a lot of fun. You can now take cover against walls, and Connor will automatically adjust to hide when a guard approaches, which also leads into a new assassination move from cover. We also added the ability for Connor to hide in tall grass or bushes: if you walk through these areas he will automatically crouch allowing you to move undetected when approaching enemies. And if you’re in a city and you see any group of people in the crowd performing an action like painting a house or cleaning, if you approach slowly Connor will begin mimicking their actions to hide amongst them.

• What is Desmond up to since he’s woken up from his coma?

AC3 begins directly after ACR, with Desmond waking up and arriving at a brand new present day location. We’re not talking about it in detail yet but we promise some serious resolutions in Desmond’s storyline and some big events! You’ll have more Desmond moments than ever before.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 01:11 PM
So, we have confirmation that there WILL be a regenerating Health system. First I'v heard of this and I'm so happy!...

ē How are you making combat a real challenge?The core for us is a redesign of the health system, so that instead
of having health units and needing to heal after combat, you now have a regenerating health system which means you canít regain health during combat Ė you need to escape and rest.
We also built brand new archetypes and enemy behaviours, and redesigned the player strategy to push players to use all the different ****ons on the controller and all of Connorís moves from counters, to offensive moves, to tools like pistols and throwing knives.

catkiller97
03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lASZ4hiU9vc

From 0:34 to 0:42 We see new images.

You can get the theme from here -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-3-Reveal-Theme/a20ce776-cef7-414f-9d25-494a6175c161?cid=SLink

Legendz54
03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Awesome!

Dralight
03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lASZ4hiU9vc

From 0:34 to 0:42 We see new images.

You can get the theme from here -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-3-Reveal-Theme/a20ce776-cef7-414f-9d25-494a6175c161?cid=SLink

Thanks for the link, that theme looks great! Downloading it now. :D

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
man, AC3 is becoming the ideal game now. Cover system (and a lot of ppl were against it), automatic stealth system, new blending mechanic, the health system that i've always wanted back, no more healing in combat. i can't wait to hear more stuff about the game

freddie_1897
03-30-2012, 02:13 PM
moving free run obstacles like windmills and floating logs?
AWESOME!

egriffin09
03-30-2012, 02:54 PM
With a scope this huge and a world this big, how are you keeping things fresh throughout the experience?

This is by far the biggest Assassinís Creed game yet, and we have several full systems we havenít yet announced. Between the two new cities in Boston and New York, the Frontier as a map thatís 1.5 times the size of Rome in Brotherhood, and the modifying effects of weather in all areas, the playable space is vast.

Weíve also added various new mission delivery systems like the Clubs, and allowed players to layer their experience: you can now have more than one active mission at a time, and more than one task on your plate, so people will be more in control of how they play their game.
Add to that the fact that weíre investing more on mission variety and custom mission events than ever before in a story that takes place over 30 years, and you have a vast experience. We canít wait to get it into peopleís hands.

After reading this Question and the Answer the developer gave, My excitement for this game just went through the roof. This will truely be the biggest, open world AC game yet.

RzaRecta357
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Not sure how I feel about the health. I guess it still fits into the Sync thing that they had in place giving the health an actual reason to be health.

dxsxhxcx
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
thanks for posting this, catkiller97! :)

D.I.D.
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Not sure how I feel about the health. I guess it still fits into the Sync thing that they had in place giving the health an actual reason to be health.

I'm usually against regenerating health, since many of the most exciting moments I've experienced in gaming have involved being on the tiniest little pinch of remaining health and just about making it through the chaos to the next health pack, but this sounds like a good design decision to me.

It's good to not have regenerating health in a game such as GTA, with food shops and hospitals dotted around the map, but AC can't do that without it looking a bit weird that there are so many doctors around. So either we carry medicine, which has been a weak mechanic so far in terms of providing tension, or they solve the problem with health that slowly recovers.

Personally, I can't wait to play this. I've been praying for an AC game which forces you to run away from trouble for years, and it sounds like they've cracked it.

zerocooll21
03-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Good stuff, thanks :)

kalo.yanis
03-31-2012, 01:40 AM
So, wait.... the health system is going to be a la AC1?

Sounds good to me. Took them a while to realise it was the better alternative.

LightRey
03-31-2012, 01:41 AM
If they did it right, then this health system should work well.

frogger504
03-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Assassinís Creed 3: The AnvilNext Engine (http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii-qa/)

Must Read - Assassinís Creed III Q&A (http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii-qa/)
^^ From Article.

9 Studios and 3 years, give me a sec, I've got to preorder all editions.

Jexx21
03-31-2012, 04:38 AM
So, wait.... the health system is going to be a la AC1?

Sounds good to me. Took them a while to realise it was the better alternative.

Nope! AC1's regenerative health regenerated even in battle. This won't.

ION_05
03-31-2012, 06:01 AM
The Q&A also confirmed throwing knives will be returning, so with lock-on removed I wonder how the aiming system will work.

kalo.yanis
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Nope! AC1's regenerative health regenerated even in battle. This won't.

Really? It's probably been a while, but I remember having to be anonymous in order to regenerate.

Either way, it's a welcome addition.

LightRey
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Really? It's probably been a while, but I remember having to be anonymous in order to regenerate.

Either way, it's a welcome addition.
Nope, it regenerated under all circvmtances.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
how many studios worked on revelations and/or brotherhood?

LightRey
03-31-2012, 05:17 PM
how many studios worked on revelations and/or brotherhood?
Six on Revelations and five on brotherhood.

SixKeys
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
The health regenerated in AC1 even during battle, but it took a long time to fill up, I think between 10-15 seconds for one bar (which is a lot if you're running low and getting your *** handed to you). Even though it hasn't been confirmed, it may work like that in AC3 too. It was fine in AC1, it still gave you a fighting chance in situations where you didn't have an alternative (like in the last fight with Robert de Sable where you couldn't escape) and since it took long to recharge, it still made combat a challenge.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Six on Revelations and five on brotherhood.
so we can deduce that, compared with brotherhood, AC3 has been worked on by nearly 2x the amount of studios, for 3x as long.

5 X 2 = 10
10 X 3 = 30

ladies and gentlemen we are looking at a game roughly 30x better than Brotherhood

LightRey
03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
so we can deduce that, compared with brotherhood, AC3 has been worked on by nearly 2x the amount of studios, for 3x as long.

5 X 2 = 10
10 X 3 = 30

ladies and gentlemen we are looking at a game roughly 30x better than Brotherhood
And that's assuming that the people working on ACR and ACB were just as talented and hardworking as those working on ACIII and that the amount of people working on the games per studio was equal as well.

freddie_1897
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
And that's assuming that the people working on ACR and ACB were just as talented and hardworking as those working on ACIII and that the amount of people working on the games per studio was equal as well.
looking at things lets say they were at least 2x more talented, thats 60x better

pacmanate
03-31-2012, 05:40 PM
"you can now have more than one active mission at a time, and more than one task on your plate, so people will be more in control of how they play their game."

So skyrim kinda of menu I guess where you can choose the active quest. Pretty slick

SixKeys
03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
"you can now have more than one active mission at a time, and more than one task on your plate, so people will be more in control of how they play their game."

So skyrim kinda of menu I guess where you can choose the active quest. Pretty slick

That sounds like it could get confusing, I don't want to see AC going down an RPG route where you're just an errand boy gathering herbs for five people in different areas of the world at the same time. But we'll see how this turns out.