PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed horses

Desert-Falcon
03-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Assassins creed 3 shoild have animals such as horses that are mountable they did on assassins creed I - Brothethood.
One of the concept art shows the new assassin Connor on a horse so it is likely. also unlike Revelations there is a big map that is not crowded with buildings. so eho would like horses to return.

frogger504
03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
It isn't Concept Art, there's an in-game picture of it.

Also, a whole article about how they improved on them, so yes. They are returning.

I just wonder/hope if/that the Gallop feature will return.

Calvarok
03-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Gallop was gone in Brotherhood because the game's engine could not render rome fast enough to keep up with it, at least on consoles. There's a new engine in town.

GeneralTrumbo
03-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I hope AC3's new engine can keep up with all this.

pacmanate
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Where is the in game of a horse?

crash3
03-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I hope there is revamped horse combat not just smashing the attack ****on I want complex moves and skills

JumpInTheFire13
03-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Gallop was gone in Brotherhood because the game's engine could not render rome fast enough to keep up with it, at least on consoles. There's a new engine in town.
Umm no, the gallop feature wasn't in Brotherhood because the ****on used to gallop (A on Xbox, X on PS3) was used to "stand," so that Ezio could jump off the horse more easily.

SixKeys
03-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Umm no, the gallop feature wasn't in Brotherhood because the ****on used to gallop (A on Xbox, X on PS3) was used to "stand," so that Ezio could jump off the horse more easily.

Calvarok's explanation sounds to me like the real reason the got rid of gallop in ACB. Remember you were able to use it in a few linear missions where the map was much smaller. I always thought the "jump from horse to beam" move was quite pointless, especially as there was only a certain number of areas in the game where you could actually do it. I think they just got rid of the gallop because of the engine's limitations and replaced it with another "cool" feature so people wouldn't ask why it was gone. With the new engine and a huge wilderness to roam, I expect we'll be getting gallop back.