PDA

View Full Version : Things you never noticed...

Poodle_of_Doom
03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
I don't know if anything similar to this has ever been done before, but I thought that it would be interesting to see what things people missed on their first couple of play throughs on each of the games. I know somethings I missed, and didn't necessarily realize the source for. For example, take the following quote from the bible:

I said to myself, 'I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.' And I applied my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow.
--Soloman, Ecclesiastes, 1:15

Now, I'm sure to many of you, this may seem familar. It's because it's spoken by Al Mualim in the beginning of AC, to Altair when the game first starts. I was well aware of what was being spoken. The thing I didn't know was that it came from the Bible. So tell me, what did you miss on your first few play throughs? Did you discover something that you had missed the first couple of times, or find something that had grounds in the real world that you were unaware of existing outside the game prior to it's existance? If so, what?

gamertam
03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
To know truth, and the truth shall set you free. To know thy self. The Bilderberg group, 9/11, and Religion.

don't assassinate me. Just answering a question--lol.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Well... that was really kind of off topic.

eagleforlife1
03-30-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't know if anything similar to this has ever been done before, but I thought that it would be interesting to see what things people missed on their first couple of play throughs on each of the games. I know somethings I missed, and didn't necessarily realize the source for. For example, take the following quote from the bible:

I said to myself, 'I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.' And I applied my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow.
--Soloman, Ecclesiastes, 1:15

I actually used this quote from Ecclesiastes on an essay I wrote on Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm missed the entire ending from ACII on my first playthrough. Because my lil brother took It upon himself to finish It :l

Dosenwabe
03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I didnīt notice that the captain who speaks with Ezio at the ship to Cappadocia (Last scene of sequence 6 in Revelations) was Piri Reis.

I didnīt know that Al Mualim (Rashid Ad Din Sinan) really existed, and really was an Assassins-Leader in Masyaf.

freddie_1897
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm missed the entire ending from ACII on my first playthrough. Because my lil brother took It upon himself to finish It :l
i hate younger brothers

LightRey
03-30-2012, 01:43 PM
I missed lots of stuff on my first playthroughs of the games, but most of them were gameplay related, because I have a tendency to ignore in-game tips. For instance, I didn't really know how to do combo kills in AC1 until my third playthrough and I didn't know there was an almost flawless move in AC2 that basically works every time until my tenth playthrough.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I missed lots of stuff on my first playthroughs of the games, but most of them were gameplay related, because I have a tendency to ignore in-game tips. For instance, I didn't really know how to do combo kills in AC1 until my third playthrough and I didn't know there was an almost flawless move in AC2 that basically works every time until my tenth playthrough.

Tenth playthrough? TENTH PLAYTHROUGH? wow

LightRey
03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Tenth playthrough? TENTH PLAYTHROUGH? wow
and that wasn't my most recent one. ;)

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 02:39 PM
and that wasn't my most recent one. ;)

You crazy man.

LightRey
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
You crazy man.
I generally do 2 playthroughs before the first DLC release. Then one after the DLC release and then before the release of every installment I do a playthrough of every game. The rest of em are just random playthroughs for the heck of it. I did almost as many playthroughs of AC1 I think (at least 10), ACB is currently at 7 and ACR at 3 (excluding the third playthrough of TLA).

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I generally do 2 playthroughs before the first DLC release. Then one after the DLC release and then before the release of every installment I do a playthrough of every game. The rest of em are just random playthroughs for the heck of it. I did almost as many playthroughs of AC1 I think (at least 10), ACB is currently at 7 and ACR at 3 (excluding the third playthrough of TLA).

That's some serious dedication. I'd say overall I'v played most games twice, except for ACR which I finished 3 times. I Intend to go back to 1&2 before I play 3, as these are least fresh In my mind!

LightRey
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
That's some serious dedication. I'd say overall I'v played most games twice, except for ACR which I finished 3 times. I Intend to go back to 1&2 before I play 3, as these are least fresh In my mind!
I tend to behave the same way with every story I love. I did it with Harry Potter (the books, not the movies), Halo (which I might start doing again if I like Halo 4 and V for Vendetta.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Wow,... I'm sorry to hear that.

I didnīt notice that the captain who speaks with Ezio at the ship to Cappadocia (Last scene of sequence 6 in Revelations) was Piri Reis.

I didnīt know that Al Mualim (Rashid Ad Din Sinan) really existed, and really was an Assassins-Leader in Masyaf.

Yeah, I never noticed it was Piri either until I saw it mentioned on the forums about a week ago. I just never paid attention.

Those tips on the side are kind of nice aren't they?

I actually have played through my games several times as well. I think I'm on my 10th, or so, play through of AC1, and soo will be doing my 7th for AC2, 5th for ACB, and 3rd for ACR. I tend to play through each as a new installment is coming out, or if I find that I'm starting to be wrong about a lot of things.

smengler
03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I rushed through all of the games so that I would know the story before ACR came out, so I missed a lot. I've been replaying AC1 and I noticed this:

Desmond: But how? What makes you guys so special- so smart? That you happen to invent all these things while we mere mortals stumble around like idiots?

Vidic: To be fair, we don't invent them, we find them.

Desmond: Find them?

Vidic: They're gifts, Mr. Miles. From those who came before. We'll have to continue this discussion later. Time's wasting.

Now I realize what Vidic was talking about when he was talking about TWCB. I knew nothing about TWCB when I first played AC1, so it's only something you realize after. It's reassuring to know that the AC team had all of this TWCB stuff in the game from the start, and not added halfway through the AC trilogy.

tarrero
03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
I was reading AC project legacy yesterday, the one about Italian wars, to be more specific, and they mention beneath Monteriggioni, through the well, there was a passage full of traps and dangers containing the shroud, could it be that sealed door that Desmond talks about on ACB?

De Filosoof
03-30-2012, 10:43 PM
To know truth, and the truth shall set you free. To know thy self. The Bilderberg group, 9/11, and Religion.

don't assassinate me. Just answering a question--lol.

Good to hear :) and good for you to be awake.
The truth will set you free.

Poodle_of_Doom
03-31-2012, 06:17 AM
I rushed through all of the games so that I would know the story before ACR came out, so I missed a lot. I've been replaying AC1 and I noticed this:

Now I realize what Vidic was talking about when he was talking about TWCB. I knew nothing about TWCB when I first played AC1, so it's only something you realize after. It's reassuring to know that the AC team had all of this TWCB stuff in the game from the start, and not added halfway through the AC trilogy.

The only thing that got me about that statement was the fact that they were counting on being sucessful. If it weren't for their sucess, you'd of never known about that plotline.