PDA

View Full Version : Animus 3.0 Theory (SP,MP,Co-Op)

Jexx21
03-30-2012, 04:53 AM
DISCLAIMER:​ Co-Op is not confirmed for Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Revelations left off on the Templar side saying that they know the location of William Miles (de facto leader of the Assassins) and that they are sending a group after him. Rumors have been floating around that Assassin's Creed 3 will include co-op (which I'm starting to believe), in addition to the multiplayer (which is obviously confirmed).

I have a theory about a possible way the Animus 3.0 was developed. I believe that at the beginning of Assassin's Creed, Desmond and Co. will get ambushed by a significant group of Templars, and that after killing a couple of Abstergo grunts, you'll retreat and find an entrance into the Grand Temple. But the Templars won't stop at merely chasing you away, seeing as they are there to kill William Miles. The Templars will also find a way in, and before they are fought off and turned away, they gather some TWCB technology, which both they and Rebecca will use to significantly upgrade the Animus, possibly in a Portable form. Now I say portable, presumably because both groups are going to be on the go a lot. The Assassins to get away from the Templars (and possibly pick up needed artifacts), and the Templars to get at William Miles.

The Animus being portable would allow both Desmond and our Abstergo Recruits (now Master Templars) to train, and as Desmond, discover any hidden artifacts needed to open the Temple.

Now, this theory plays right into the possibility of Co-Op and follows through with what was said at the end of the ACR MP story. Co-op would be Abstergo recruit missions, teaming up to assassinate William Miles. But with a portable Animus device, they could train while on their mission. If this theory is true, co-op would probably end up being heavily connected to MP, with MP progression unlocking co-op missions.

Now, I'm unsure on how they would play up having a large amount of recruits to fight against in this 'Third Tier' of Abstergo recruit-hood, seeing as It would seem logical that only a small amount of people would progress into the 'Inner Sanctum of the Templar Order' as Abstergo Recruits. For story reasons, I think it's likely that only 8 recruits would of actually progressed that far in the canon MP story, seeing as that's the maximum amount of players allowed in a MP game.

But, the basis of this theory is that at the beginning of the SP, both the Assassins and Templars will find TWCB technology that will significantly develop the Animus technology, possibly to the level that a portable Animus is made that fully works and is upgraded. This will allow Assassins and Templars to duke it out in the present(single player Desmond segments and Templar Co-op) while they also train in the 'past'(Single Player and Multiplayer).

infamous_ezio
03-30-2012, 05:09 AM
possible.... or rebecca was able to upgrade it using the apple that desmond got?

frogger504
03-30-2012, 07:27 AM
I love the theory and it seems quite plausible.

Anyways, I'm hoping it's not Abstergo Co-Op and is SP Co-Op. Like say you do see Eve, and she happens to have 2 ancestors in that time, through different bloodlines. One Male and one Female.

And/or she happens to have a brother, or rather two. Or William joins Desmond in the Animus, or
all of the above.

4 Animi, Animuses, Animus'? All of them having people in that time. Boom instant awesome SP missions.

Calvarok
03-30-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm hoping that Desmond goes to the Assassin's New York area HQ, and goes on missions from there. I don't really like the idea of a portable animus. It sounds good in theory, but then there would be no real reason to head back to base. I don't think that the animus is far developed enough to make the jump from something that required giant computer stacks and a ton of power to a handheld device. It still says 3.0. If Rebecca got her hands on TWCB tech, I'd imagine it would be far further along than that.

Sajn12
03-30-2012, 07:53 AM
This is very, very good theory. :) I like it. Actually some new fighting with Desmond. And co-op would be great then.

frogger504
03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm hoping that Desmond goes to the Assassin's New York area HQ, and goes on missions from there. I don't really like the idea of a portable animus. It sounds good in theory, but then there would be no real reason to head back to base. I don't think that the animus is far developed enough to make the jump from something that required giant computer stacks and a ton of power to a handheld device. It still says 3.0. If Rebecca got her hands on TWCB tech, I'd imagine it would be far further along than that.

Even if it was one thousand years ahead of its time and be an App for Android, it'd be called the 3.0...

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
that was well thought out theory,but playing as templars in the co-op, i would hate the hell out of that. I would rather them not do it then. I want to play co-op as an assassin with a friend(s) in one of the locations that the game has already set in. Of course with all the cool stuff they have in AC3 i would like to play coop in the American Revolution and be able to pick what weapons i have and my friend(s) could pick different weapons. The way i see it, having 4 full powered connors running around would be a little crazy. They would have to find a way to limit our assassins, by lets say, one assassin carries guns another has the bow, the third has throwing knives and the last may have smoke bombs or something. That way everyone has one special weapon/skill, this way the players would have to work together in order to kill their targets. The archer could kill a group of rooftop guards without anyone knowing, the throwing knife assassin, smoke bomb assassin and gun assassin could move into the area while the archer covers them throwing knife assassin could kill a few lower guards with his knives while the gun assassin kills some heavy guards and the smoke bomb assassin could kill the target and when they are about to escape throw a smoke bomb down in order to hide where they went.

obviously there would have to be a lot of upgrades to each class, archer could gain the ability to shoot more then one arrow, and draw the bow faster, even shoot an arrow attached to a rope in order for him and the team to use it like a zipline.The gun assassin could start out with one gun then gain the ability to duel wield guns, and then getting a rifle. The throwing knife assassin could start with a low amount of knives and then get them to increase while later gaining maybe some type of poison knife with different abilities to the poison. and the smoke bomb assassin could gain different types of smoke bombs/bombs.

I'd prefer a whole co-op campaign rather then just random missions, but what would be even better is if AC3 had a co-op campaign where when you beat certain missions in the story you unlock special missions where you and your friend can go play in lets say the campaign is in America then we can go to france for a special mission.

NoirEvil
03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
I was kind of hoping that after going through the synch nexus and getting out of his coma in revelations Desmond would gain control over the bleeding effect, being able to sink into his own consciousness and genetic memories at will. Effectively becoming his own animus. I would of thought this would be a very good narrative direction for keeping Desmond on the move and in and out of action. But since they've mentioned the animus 3.0 in some of their interviews, I guess they have their own smart n' crazay idea locked up in those heads of theirs.