PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 feedback

MadHattie
03-30-2012, 04:46 AM
I have to say I am a longtime fan of this series and I really look forward to AC3 and the DLC. With luck the special editions will be available to everyone. I've spent a lot of money on my PS3, Wii, Xbox, Dsi, and my PC, if the special editions were actually available in my country I would be purchasing them.

I also realize that you do have the option to have a female for multiplayer, but what about those who only like to solo? couldn't we have a single mission as a girl for solo players?

Please consider my suggestion and feedback , thank you in advance.

Respectfully
A female gamer.

Jexx21
03-30-2012, 04:56 AM
There will most likely not be a segment where you can play as a female in the single player in Assassin's Creed III.

If you want a great game with a great female protagonist, I'd suggest Mass Effect. I luv femshep

Josegtx13
03-30-2012, 04:59 AM
There will most likely not be a segment where you can play as a female in the single player in Assassin's Creed III.

If you want a great game with a great female protagonist, I'd suggest Mass Effect. I luv femshep

Metroid series has Samus Aran and she's a badass.

But Metroid is a shooter.

MadHattie
03-30-2012, 05:02 AM
No harm in making a polite suggestion, right? :)
But I won't lie, I will be disappointed if ubisoft continues region locking special editions.
I'd love to spend my money on the freedom edition but I don't live in the right country.

Sigh

Scystab
03-30-2012, 08:22 AM
No harm in making a polite suggestion, right? :)
But I won't lie, I will be disappointed if ubisoft continues region locking special editions.
I'd love to spend my money on the freedom edition but I don't live in the right country.

Sigh

Amen to that!

pirate1802
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM

High five! I always play as FemShep ;)

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
High five! I always play as FemShep ;)

idk why but i always thought it was odd that males enjoy playing as females. probably because i've seen my friend play/talk about some games where he plays online as a girl and jokes around pretending to be one. but if you enjoy playing as the opposite sex, more power to you. I play as male shepard, but i have to say the character model for the new femshep is a lot better.

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Mileena from MK9 Is a Badass!

pirate1802
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
idk why but i always thought it was odd that males enjoy playing as females. probably because i've seen my friend play/talk about some games where he plays online as a girl and jokes around pretending to be one. but if you enjoy playing as the opposite sex, more power to you. I play as male shepard, but i have to say the character model for the new femshep is a lot better.

Its because its so refreshing to see a strong female protagonist, the tough male space marine is so cliche. Also, I don't think its unnatural for males to play a female protagonist. Lara Croft wouldn't be so famous otherwise.

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Its because its so refreshing to see a strong female protagonist, the tough male space marine is so cliche. Also, I don't think its unnatural for males to play a female protagonist. Lara Croft wouldn't be so famous otherwise.

yea that is true, it's probably because the idea that the majority of gamers are males. but then you have a few final fantasy games, lara croft games and the new one which looks pretty interesting. Portal and a select few other games. Yea when you don't have a choice to play as whatever gender you want then yea of course it's not unnatural or anything. but when you can pick your gender and then you play online with other ppl and pretend to be a female that's just weird

D.I.D.
03-30-2012, 12:50 PM
yea that is true, it's probably because the idea that the majority of gamers are males. but then you have a few final fantasy games, lara croft games and the new one which looks pretty interesting. Portal and a select few other games. Yea when you don't have a choice to play as whatever gender you want then yea of course it's not unnatural or anything. but when you can pick your gender and then you play online with other ppl and pretend to be a female that's just weird

I don't see why it's weird for any men to like playing as a female character, and it's certainly not weird for a heterosexual male to enjoy female characters when given the choice. You're not "being" that character, any more than you're "being" the female in a book or a film.

For some, it'll be a habit based on something completely different anyway. Fighting games tended to make the female characters hit less hard but have greater agility, so a lot of highly skilled players would gravitate towards Chun-Li and Ling Xiaoyu in order to display their talent.

pirate1802
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM

xD I don't pretend to be female, wonder who does that O.o Many of the my friends pick female characters in ACR multiplayer, for obvious reasons. Thats also one reason why males like to play as female characters ;)

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 01:10 PM
xD I don't pretend to be female, wonder who does that O.o Many of the my friends pick female characters in ACR multiplayer, for obvious reasons. Thats also one reason why males like to play as female characters ;)

yea see then no problem there haha, but there are some ppl that do that i know which is one of the reason why i don't play games with them because that **** is weird. haha. yea i know that some ppl like to enjoy playing as female characters because they enjoy looking at them, there are ppl that even say that they are "sexy" and blah blah blah. But it's a video game, not a real girl. don't see the point to that but i do see the point of playing as a character that is appealing to the eye, be it clothing or body i guess.

I don't see why it's weird for any men to like playing as a female character, and it's certainly not weird for a heterosexual male to enjoy female characters when given the choice. You're not "being" that character, any more than you're "being" the female in a book or a film.

For some, it'll be a habit based on something completely different anyway. Fighting games tended to make the female characters hit less hard but have greater agility, so a lot of highly skilled players would gravitate towards Chun-Li and Ling Xiaoyu in order to display their talent.

it's more of the fact that some male gamers play as a female and pretend to be that gender online. like there is only a female character to play as then cool, if they have different play styles like how you said male is stronger with different animations and the female is more agile and good animations too then that would be a great reason to play as both genders. but if it's just the same character really just with different sex organs then i'd prefer to play as my gender..

pirate1802
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Well i play as female in some games ( ME, Fable) but I play as male in some others (Fallout, Skyrim) And I don't visualize it is me inside that game, so I don't see the point why he/she should be like me. Hell I'd like to play as a female Krogan or an Asari if there was an option xD However if someone thinks it like he himself is the character then I can see why he would like to play as his own gender. Its a matter of preference really. Nothing weird about it.

freddie_1897
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
pity mass effect 3s ending was so crap

DavisP92
03-30-2012, 01:46 PM
yea if you don't visualize that you are the character your playing as then that makes perfect sense haha. everyone has there own play style. I actually haven't played as an asari yet, i just love playing as the drell. They should have allowed us to pick what race we want and allow us to pick what powers we want, that would have been great. I would have got stasis, cluster reave and cluster grenades .

@freddie,
That's why they're having a dlc ending change

Helforsite
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I like AC3 and pre-ordered the Freedom-Edition, but i hate how they fu ck the pc gamers every year again! This time they even going a bit ****her by dont really supporting mouse+tastature on pc!!!!! I am very angry about this because on the other hand they say they love the pc and such things - all just bu llshjt

UrDeviant1
03-30-2012, 03:34 PM
I like AC3 and pre-ordered the Freedom-Edition, but i hate how they fu ck the pc gamers every year again! This time they even going a bit ****her by dont really supporting mouse+tastature on pc!!!!! I am very angry about this because on the other hand they say they love the pc and such things - all just bu llshjt

Get your facts right. Ubi ARE supporting Mouse/Keyboard setup, just like In every other AC on PC.

pacmanate
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Whenever I get to play as a girl in a game I always check out their rack

pacmanate
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Get your facts right. Ubi ARE supporting Mouse/Keyboard setup, just like In every other AC on PC.

Well, yeah they are supporting it but they aren't bothered about it. Several articles came out yesterday saying that they said anyone playing on PC should buy a controller

pirate1802
03-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Whenever I get to play as a girl in a game I always check out their rack

So do I xDD

jowerg
12-08-2012, 12:33 AM
I have been a fan of Assassin's Creed for a pretty long time, and the third one just makes it better. There is, however, one thing I would really want, to be able to replay the taking of forts (to those who do not understand, I mean the forts you discover, as in Fort Independence, Fort Division, Fort Hill, etc.). Now, I am well aware of how difficult it is to make a mission, but I am sure it would not be too hard to make the player spawn in the restricted are marked on the map, and have a memory barrier block out the rest. So, please, for a fan? Yours Truly, JowerG P.S.:If someone actually reads this and ignores this, then you are no better than the Templar b*****ds (sorry, had to).

fpsgoddess69
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I highly doubt this is going to be seen by anyone who can actually do anything about it or even cares but I gotta try. I love the multiplayer in assassins creed 3 except for one thing that cmpletely destroys it for me. Everything is absolutely wonderful and it could quite possibly be my favorite multiplayer stealth experience if it weren't for this one friggin thing. I don't know who came up with the idea that the target can't defend himself but it completely destroys any motive the persuer has to be stealthy. Most games I join, the persuers run around carelessly knowing that once a target starts running, their isn't a huge chances of escape. Yes escape is possible but it seems 9 times out of 10 the target is caught. Generally the tims a person escapes is not becase they actually got away, but because the persuers persuer saved them. All too often my persuer will completely give away that he is the one after me. I feel that if the target successfully identifies the person after him, he should be able to take that person out. Yes I know you can stun them but that's a very poor and often unsuccessful mechanic. The whole honorable death thing is only infuriating especially if your persuer was careless enough to reveal themself and you had the edge on attack. It's like my reward for identifyig him and having an initiative on attack is I get to die honorably. I understand they want you to run from the person after you and the game is designed to encourage you to avoid and not engage. However the penalties for giving yourself away to the persn you are suppose to be hunting should be far more severe. I honestly feel that if your target hits X before you do, you should die and be warned to be more cautious when you approach your targets. I also feel the target should be rewarded not only for a kill but also for successfully identifying the attacker. The radius on the whispers is a decent size and the levels are relatively small. When you have 3 people after you the whole level seems to be whispering at you. there is a point where it unlikely you are gonna spot an attacker before they take you down, so if you manage to do so.. shouldn't there be reward for it? Shouldn't you be able to feel accomplished that you took down your assassin?

It's infuriating when you get the drop on someone who is suppose to get the drop on you, and you die honorably for it. I mean they have every advantage. They know what you look like and can even tell when you are in line of sight. So you manage to pick them out of a crowd, not even knowing what they look like and you can't really do much about it. Sure you can run up behind them and try to stun them. It's often not worth the risk as if they are facing you, you basically committed suicide with an honorable death. For me it ruins the entire experience. I enjoy being the target.. I like the idea of being hunted. But if you can't defend yourself then it's no fun at all.

I wanted to improve my scores and did so easily by NOT being stealthy. Being stealthy is just a waste of time when your target is so easy to kill. I find the more carelesly I play, the better I do. Because the target ISN'T dangerous.

fpsgoddess69
02-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Okay so I went from simple deathmatch which was what my eariler post was about and tried assassination mode. I don't even know how to express this because its actually painful. I have waited a long time for an adversarial stealth game and this mode is like so perfect. It's like... everything I ever dreamed of EXCEPT.... .. and this except.. ruins the entire thing for me. It's a stealth mode but you can never truly be 100% hidden from the other players. The HUD shows you the direction of the other players and when they are in your area, it lets you know. I understand they did this because they didn't want entire games to elapse without people getting a single kill. What they don't realize is I don't want to know where the other players are. I don't want to know their general locations. I don't want to know when one is near me. I want to have to observe the characters around me and look for any abnormal movements. I want to blend with a crowd knowing that it's not a disguise that can be easily seen through. I don't care if an entire round goes by and no one gets a kill. Do you even realize how much fun it would be to wander around trying to figure out which characters are AI and which are humans? I could spend hours observing and then taking that risk when I THINK I found a player. Knowing that it could be a civilian and it could give me away. So I am BEGGGGGING you ubisoft. Please add hardcore assassination mode where there is no arrow/circle indicator at the bottom of the screen. You can keep the original mode for those who like it I absolutel can't stand it though but I sooooo want t play. The concept of having to seek out players hidden amoung AI is soooooo awesome and I would love it. The only thing I want removed is that one indicator. Everything else is fine. You could call it hardcore assassin and still have original assassin availible. I'm not asking you to change he existing mode. BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PPPPPPLLLLLEEAAASSSEEEE consider it. I've been pacing around my house upset because I finally found an adversarial stealth game that has all the elements I want, but someone just had to give everyone that sixth sense that takes away from true stealth. PPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEE!! I throw myself at your feet! It's one little change that could make it my favourite mp game of all time. as it stand now I can't play it without getting so mad at that indicator. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHERE EVERYONE IS! The only thing that should determine who finds who is how they move and their judgement. PPPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE! lol ****it I want it so bad. I'll keep the game for a while just in case some angel in heaven grants my wish. If not then I'll have to give the game away because I just can't help but be upset everytime I play it. One thing.. just one thing stops it from being what I've always wanted.

fpsgoddess69
02-19-2013, 06:15 PM
yeah I'm back again. extremely dissastified. I really wish I could get my money back for this game. It's not that it's bad. It's amazing actually. But I can't get passed the radar in assassin mode. It's reduced me to tears because why would you introduce a game mechanic that renders all the other mechanics useless? Everytime I die the game tells me to hide. I can't hide because there is a radar lol It's infuriating. Then little comments add to the anger like "Your persuer surprised you", no they didn't. I saw them plain as day on my RADAR. They just got the upper hand in the fight. You can't actually sneak up on anyone because everyone knows when your around. My new stratigy was to walk away from the arrows that point to the other players. Face the camera that direction and kill them as they carelessly run up on me. It's no fun though. It's just like any other game where you know where everyone is. There is no reason to blend into crowds or use benchs or hay stacks. Doing so is a waste of time. You'll be more productive in full sprint. You'll cover more ground and everyone knows where you are anyway. I'm just so disappointed ubisoft. I don't think I have ever been so upset about a game. I guess it's because this one is so close to being perfect. I know you didn't want matches where everyone blends and no one gets any kills. Though I really don't think that woud be the case and even if it was I would have insane amounts of fun trying my luck on killing someone. I just don't understand why you would take something so wonderfully distinct and unique then make it into every other game by having a radar. Without the radar it would be a genuine game of hide and seek. It would be an amazing experience. With the radar its like every other game on the market. Follow the radar, kill the person when you get there. No judgement, no patience and the only risk is the same as every other game (getting killed while killing someone). stealth, patience, judgement and uniqueness are all sacrificed by the radar, why? so there can be more "action". Anyway I'm disatisfied, frustraited, angry and disappointed. I would like my money back or give me an assassination mode that has no radar so the game can be an individual amoung the army of the samn thing.

Mr_Shade
02-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums,

However please do not bump 6 month old threads..

Secondly - there is a dedicated MP forum - and - feedback thread, so please post your feed back there:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720984-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Feedback-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

You may also wish to consider formatting the text if you wish others to respond to it.