PDA

View Full Version : The New Anvil Engine for AC3

Timeaus
03-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Pretty good article about the new Anvil engine by Gameinformer
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/28/ac-iii-the-redesigned-anvil-engine.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Interesting read. Didn't Yves Guillemot say in February that they've been working on the game for 3 years? How do you explain this: "In fact, this project began directly after the completion of Assassin’s Creed II."
Welcome to the forums :)

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Nah, they'll be working on the game for a little less than 3 years by the time AC3 comes out. That's essentially what anyone who says 'the development cycle is 3 years' means.

tarrero
03-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Is it me, or Ac3 has had WAY more press than any other game on the franchise?

souNdwAve89
03-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Is it me, or Ac3 has had WAY more press than any other game on the franchise?

It makes sense since they said that AC3 is the biggest AC game to date. They have put a lot of effort into creating this game by having a new engine, doubling employee size, having the veteran teams responsible for AC1 and AC2, a new ancestor, and it being the final game in the Desmond trilogy.

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 05:38 AM
And yet the gameplay is painfully being withheld. Oh the agony.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Just wait til PAX.

Timeaus
03-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Interesting read. Didn't Yves Guillemot say in February that they've been working on the game for 3 years? How do you explain this: "In fact, this project began directly after the completion of Assassin’s Creed II."
Welcome to the forums :)

It looks like Ubisoft is pulling out all the stuff for this game, which makes me very happy to be a Assassins Creed fan.

morpheusPrime08
03-29-2012, 07:33 AM
It makes sense since they said that AC3 is the biggest AC game to date. They have put a lot of effort into creating this game by having a new engine, doubling employee size, having the veteran teams responsible for AC1 and AC2, a new ancestor, and it being the final game in the Desmond trilogy.

Has it been comfirmed that this is the last ark for Desmond, do you have the link where it was mentioned? Sorry it just that ive been wanting this since ACB and it feels good to finally have closure, sound like this time we are gonna get ALOT of questions answered before the initial "huh" moment where were left hanging to look foreward to the next game.

playassassins1
03-29-2012, 07:47 AM
In the meantime, i'm going to play RDR to get the AC III feel.

souNdwAve89
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Has it been comfirmed that this is the last ark for Desmond, do you have the link where it was mentioned? Sorry it just that ive been wanting this since ACB and it feels good to finally have closure, sound like this time we are gonna get ALOT of questions answered before the initial "huh" moment where were left hanging to look foreward to the next game.

Sure. Below are some of the links I found doing a quick Google search. The statement of Desmond's story being a trilogy came from former Creative Directors, Patrice Desilets and Alex Amancio.

Desilets
http://www.thebloggieman.com/2012/02/assassins-creed-3-to-be-released-in.html

Assassin’s Creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back in time, using the Animus to eventually become the ultimate Assassin.

Amancio
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/03/desmond-39-s-story-ends-in-2012-but-assassin-39-s-creed-doesn-39-t.aspx

In Assassin's Creed we set up a timeline with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012. That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point.

Mr_Shade
03-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I know it's not going to help.. But..

I have see it in action on the PS3 and its looking amazing..

Apart from the normal improvements, they have really pushed the amount of NPC's on screen - the "organic" feel of the trees and snow, new animation for the lead (such as traversing and free flowing combat) the thing that impressed me the most was the rock climbing - unlike some games, there really didn't look like a "set route" marked on the rock face - there's gaps etc in the rocks, so i suspect theres a route, but its not clearly marked but - way Connor climbed was very very cool..

That and the whole "predator and prey" feel to it..

I won't go on, but when Connor let loose and just went crazy on the attack, it was like a ballet... Very very cool.. (and yes my jaw dropped when I saw him string up one guy using the rope dart..)

I personally think, these are the best graphics to date and people wil be happy ;)

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM

Apart from the normal improvements, they have really pushed the amount of NPC's on screen - the "organic" feel of the trees and snow, new animation for the lead (such as traversing and free flowing combat) the thing that impressed me the most was the rock climbing - unlike some games, there really didn't look like a "set route" marked on the rock face - there's gaps etc in the rocks, so i suspect theres a route, but its not clearly marked but - way Connor climbed was very very cool..

I won't go on, but when Connor let loose and just went crazy on the attack, it was like a ballet... Very very cool.. (and yes my jaw dropped when I saw him string up one guy using the rope dart..)

I personally think, these are the best graphics to date and people wil be happy ;)
I'm so going to like this game.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM

It all began with that reveal trailer..
and I was like "DANG !!"

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
It all began with that reveal trailer..
and I was like "DANG !!"
I was like: "Dem graphics!"
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/444/1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

Mr_Shade
03-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I was like "DANG!" when Connor was watching a group from above (Connor was ia tree) he then shot the rope dart at a guy below, and then jumped off the tree, using the poor guy as a counter weight...

Connor landed, rose to his normal stance and you just saw the poor guys legs at the top of the screen...

He then grabbed the nearest guy and used him as a shield to protect himself from the 4 or 5 guys aiming muskets at him..

Cant say anymore.. Else I sound like a fan boy.. Lol

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I was like "DANG!" when Connor was watching a group from above (Connor was ia tree) he then shot the rope dart at a guy below, and then jumped off the tree, using the poor guy as a counter weight...

Connor landed, rose to his normal stance and you just saw the poor guys legs at the top of the screen...

He then grabbed the nearest guy and used him as a shield to protect himself from the 4 or 5 guys aiming muskets at him..

That's freaking awesome!

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Connor Berserk-Mode

Off-Topic: LightRey has more posts than you do, Mr_Shade :p

Mr_Shade
03-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Off-Topic: LightRey has more posts than you do, Mr_Shade :p
I post useful things... And don't use memes :) lol

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Hhahahah xD
Ahhhhh yes..... them memes..;)

reddragonhrcro
03-29-2012, 11:53 AM
i post useful things... And don't use memes :) lol

lol
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-i-heard-you-like-climbing-trees.jpg
:p

LightRey
03-29-2012, 11:54 AM
One meme says more than a thousand words.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
So I guess we can safely say that the technology for the engine is not only a step forward in the franchise, but also an innovation for the gaming industry in general ?

Weather
Seasons
Thousand man rendering
Next-Gen Animation
Ground-breaking Visuals
Enhanced AI

LightRey
03-29-2012, 12:09 PM
So I guess we can safely say that the technology for the engine is not only a step forward in the franchise, but also an innovation for the gaming industry in general ?

Weather
Seasons
Thousand man rendering
Next-Gen Animation
Ground-breaking Visuals
Enhanced AI
If even half the stuff we heard is even somewhat true, then most definitely yes.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
If even half the stuff we heard is even somewhat true, then most definitely yes.
I just wish that during the uproar of the "lack of quality" present in AC Revelations, a representative from Ubi would`ve come out and said "Dear, fans you suck... AC III will be freakin` Awesome !!" Sincerely, The hard workers of Ubisoft..
Many here do not truly appreciate the work that this takes..

SlimeDynamiteD
03-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Face it, deep inside you have an inner fan boy who's waiting to come out!

GLHS
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM

This is gonna make me cry lol. I feel like a little kid waiting for X-Mas.

pacmanate
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I am so lucky I am getting this for my birthday :P means I don't have to pay for the freedom edition with my own MONEH

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
With this new Engine, do you think they're gonna' be able to top Skyrims rock climbing animations? ;)

pacmanate
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
With this new Engine, do you think they're gonna' be able to top Skyrims rock climbing animations? ;)

If we're lucky, skyrim had some pretty exception rock climbing animations

Timeaus
03-29-2012, 05:22 PM

I think it will be as good if not better than skyrim, they put a lot efforts and time into the conversing in nature. They even hire professional climber for motion capture to make the animations look as real as possible. Also as Mr_Shade said in his earlier post, he was mostly impressed with how Connor climb rock in the demo. I can't freaking wait for this game.

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I think it will be as good if not better than skyrim, they put a lot efforts and time into the conversing in nature. They even hire professional climber for motion capture to make the animations look as real as possible. Also as Mr_Shade said in his earlier post, he was mostly impressed with how Connor climb rock in the demo. I can't freaking wait for this game.

Wow, thanks, you have put my mind at ease. I never thought the cliff traversing In Skyrim would EVER be beat :rolleyes:

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
[image removed]

freddie_1897
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
dude, have you played skyrim? he was being sarcastic, seriously the sky rim rock climbing is more ****ed up than michel jackson

Timeaus
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
dude, have you played skyrim? he was being sarcastic, seriously the sky rim rock climbing is more ****ed up than michel jackson

Haha no I haven't it's not my type of game, but I heard a lot of good things about it, like everybody I talked to keep on ranting how good it is so I'm assuming it must have good climbing physics. :confused:

pacmanate
03-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd say that sums up Skyrim pretty well

Mr_Shade
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
[image removed]
Swearing in images is consdidered bypassing the swear fillter.

This is your only warning.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh wow an empty facebook page... mm

Welcome anyways, advertising is not allowed and neither is necro-posting

Have a nice day:)