PDA

View Full Version : Thank God This Didn't Happen...

tjbyrum1
03-29-2012, 02:34 AM
http://noobfeed.com/app/webroot/ckfinder/userfiles/images/Assassins-Creed-III-noobfee.jpg

For some reason I just don't think that would have been the best place to turn to.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Many people wanted the French Revolution before the setting of AC3 was officially confirmed.

tarrero
03-29-2012, 02:57 AM
You never know, I mean, many, MANY people here and there disliked the idea of the American Revolution as a setting, and well, by the way it looks now, VERY few of them still hold that thought. I am SURE that with all the development ACIII has had, ubisoft could put an equally awesome game set during the french revolution.

Lets face it, Paris is a beautiful city with TONS of landmarks of all kinds, including the biggest palace in Europe, Versailles. Besides that, the period itself is one of the most violent, crucial and influential EVER in history. The sole idea of a game there is amazing.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 03:00 AM
You never know, I mean, many, MANY people here and there disliked the idea of the American Revolution as a setting, and well, by the way it looks now, VERY few of them still hold that thought.
I think that with all the development ACIII has had, ubisoft could put an equally awesome game set during the french revolution.

Lets face it, Paris is a beautiful city with TONS of landmarks, including Versailles, with that period being one of the most violent, crucial and influential EVER!!! Very plot wise if you ask me.
Indeed. However, the famous landmarks of Paris are in Paris. Maybe we could hunt people's pets?

tarrero
03-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Indeed. However, the famous landmarks of Paris are in Paris. Maybe we could hunt people's pets?

After what we have been seen and told, I am completely in love with this setting ,I wouldn't change it for anything right now.

And well, 1783 is not very distant from 1789, remember France is involved in on AC3, you just dont know what ubisoft has in mind, even though if desmonds story is finished, that does not mean Connor┤s is.....

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:27 AM
ITT: Foreigners complain about one of the most unique settings in a video game, because of typical xenophobia towards America.

tarrero
03-29-2012, 03:33 AM
ITT: Foreigners complain about one of the most unique settings in a video game, because of typical xenophobia towards America.

Well if that was intended for me, let me tell you that I am uber hyped about AC3 and its setting., even to the point to say that I wouldn't change it for anything right now. But I have always liked French Revolution, may be in the future, on the next generation of consoles, Ubisoft makes a game there.

Because even though I love this franchise, I think it has to break after AC3.

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:37 AM
That post wasn't directed at people who simply like the idea of a game during the French Revolution, btw--I would love to see one as well eventually. I just think this game is pretty cutting-edge in terms of setting. :)

Biomedical-Fire
03-29-2012, 03:39 AM
I think the reason they might have chose Colonial America over France is; because as the story goes King Philip IV hunted down the Templars and those who survived fled to Scotland and became part of the Masons who then made it to America. So I think that this is probably one of the major reasons why they chose Colonial America during the American Revolution instead of the French taking down the Monarchy. I could be wrong.

ToniTorsi
03-29-2012, 03:50 AM
You never know, I mean, many, MANY people here and there disliked the idea of the American Revolution as a setting, and well, by the way it looks now, VERY few of them still hold that thought. I am SURE that with all the development ACIII has had, ubisoft could put an equally awesome game set during the french revolution.

Lets face it, Paris is a beautiful city with TONS of landmarks of all kinds, including the biggest palace in Europe, Versailles. Besides that, the period itself is one of the most violent, crucial and influential EVER in history. The sole idea of a game there is amazing.

You might wana slow down there, champ. The hyperbola is quite strong in this post

Jexx21
03-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Prediction:

The PS Vita game will be a continuation of Connor's story and will move on to the French Revolution OR will try to progress aid for his Native peoples.

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I've always knew that Ubisoft would do a great job no matter the setting they chose. A LOT of people here disliked the idea of the American Revolution. Now, it seems, most of them have changed their minds and rightly so. If Ubi had chose the French Revolution they would have done a great job.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Prediction:

The PS Vita game will be a continuation of Connor's story and will move on to the French Revolution OR will try to progress aid for his Native peoples.
If you're right I am so buying a Vita.

I've always knew that Ubisoft would do a great job no matter the setting they chose. A LOT of people here disliked the idea of the American Revolution. Now, it seems, most of them have changed their minds and rightly so. If Ubi had chose the French Revolution they would have done a great job.
I'm one of those people.

playassassins1
03-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't know if this has already been said, but the PS Vita AC game is going to be called, Assassin's Creed Virtues.

Assassin_M
03-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't know if this has already been said, but the PS Vita AC game is going to be called, Assassin's Creed Virtues.
That same rumor said that AC Vita will star Altair..
Highly unlikely..

MoneyForBoobs
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Highly unlikely..

Rumors are created by haters, carried on by fools, and accepted by idiots

playassassins1
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Highly unlikely..

Was that a rumor? The title sounds very real though.

playassassins1
03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Rumors are created by haters, carried on by fools, and accepted by idiots

I'm not an idiot.:mad:

Btw, look at this.

http://www.gamemania.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=88&gmgame=26287

I thought it was real because its available for pre-order.

TorQue1988
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I hope the next game WILL be about the French Revolution, and it's very likely it will be...

LightRey
03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Was that a rumor? The title sounds very real though.
Of course it's a rumor. Alta´r won't be featured in any more games. That was confirmed long ago.

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not too sure that I'm for the Idea of playing a Female Assassin. Most games where Females take the lead role, seem to have you progressing through the game using your hot body, huge bewbs, and pretty smile to get what you want. That along with the flirtatious dialog makes It hard for me to relate to these protagonists. BUT, If done right, I think It could work If Ubi were to stay away from these stereotypes.

As for the French Revolution, I think It would be an Awesome time and place to have an Assassin. And I'm also happy about the Colonial America setting, I expect to learn a few things and meet some Interesting people.

playassassins1
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Of course it's a rumor. Alta´r won't be featured in any more games. That was confirmed long ago.

I was talking about Virtues, not about Altair returning. Because his story is over.

freddie_1897
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
the only problem with the french revolution is that the french accent wouldn't work too well...

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not too sure that I'm for the Idea of playing a Female Assassin. Most games where Females take the lead role, seem to have you progressing through the game using your hot body, huge bewbs, and pretty smile to get what you want. That along with the flirtatious dialog makes It hard for me to relate to these protagonists.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ezio flirt with pretty much every girl he came across? Didn't he use his looks and charm to get what he wanted, for example during the Carnevale in AC2 and in the Da Vinci Disappearance when he seduced Lucrezia to get her to tell him the location of Leonardo's paintings?

Yeah, it's so hard to relate to these protagonists that are all about sex and flirting...

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ezio flirt with pretty much every girl he came across? Didn't he use his looks and charm to get what he wanted, for example during the Carnevale in AC2 and in the Da Vinci Disappearance when he seduced Lucrezia to get her to tell him the location of Leonardo's paintings?

Yeah, it's so hard to relate to these protagonists that are all about sex and flirting...

And WHY do you assume I liked these characteristics of Ezio? I never particularly DID. I preferred his more serious side. The thing with over the top, sexxy females with massive boobs has been done enough already, and I don't overly enjoy It. That was my point :l

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
And WHY do you assume I liked these characteristics of Ezio? I never particularly DID. I preferred his more serious side. The thing with over the top, sexxy females with massive boobs has been done enough already, and I don't overly enjoy It. That was my point :l

I didn't assume, I'm just saying there's no good reason for people to be opposed to a female protagonist purely on the basis that they automatically think she'll be all boobage and flirting when we had three games with ultimate Italian stallion Ezio and nobody complained that it sucks to be playing with a male character.

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I didn't assume, I'm just saying there's no good reason for people to be opposed to a female protagonist purely on the basis that they automatically think she'll be all boobage and flirting when we had three games with ultimate Italian stallion Ezio and nobody complained that it sucks to be playing with a male character.

Maybe that's because having a Male character with these traits, Isn't exactly stereotypical.

SixKeys
03-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Maybe that's because having a Male character with these traits, Isn't exactly stereotypical.

A game where the male protagonist is admired by all the women he encounters and whom he frequently has sex with? Surely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ApLOjm4AD0) not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YJCWsm0QvU).

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
A game where the male protagonist is admired by all the women he encounters and whom he frequently has sex with? Surely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ApLOjm4AD0) not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YJCWsm0QvU).

That's a bit over the top. He was a bit of a Casanova, but hardly a person that went round having sex with everyone. Anyway, I'm not just talking about their actions, I'm talking of their whole demeanor. You can't argue the fact that devs put overly sexual females In games to appeal to the male audience and that In reality, females use their looks to their advantage a hell of a lot more than men, It's stereotypical, but true.

DylanJosh9
03-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm all for a female protagonist! Ubisoft can do it well, I"m sure. They managed Farah from the PoP trilogy, Elika from PoP08. Jade in Beyond Good and Evil. Even the thief girl in AC2. Less so Christina in ACB.

My point is, they can handle female characters pretty well.

UrDeviant1
03-29-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm all for a female protagonist! Ubisoft can do it well, I"m sure. They managed Farah from the PoP trilogy, Elika from PoP08. Jade in Beyond Good and Evil. Even the thief girl in AC2. Less so Christina in ACB.

My point is, they can handle female characters pretty well.

This Is true.