PDA

View Full Version : New Game Trailers Assassin's Creed 3. Two part video.

KrYpToNiC95
03-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Just a new video that was posted about 15 minutes ago on GT. It basically has brought all the info we know so far about the game together. Enjoy!. :D

Part 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-assassins-creed/728504

Part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-take-assassins-creed/728498

frogger504
03-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Interviews on top of some pictures? (Haven't seen them)

Is that what they are?

rain89c
03-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Sounds really good so far!
Disappointing to hear they cut off the scalping mechanic though.

KrYpToNiC95
03-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Interviews on top of some pictures? (Haven't seen them)

Is that what they are?

Hang on a second what's wrong. When I open it, the date comes up for the age classification and then it starts.

tarrero
03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
No rebuild cities

I like that!!!

rain89c
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
No rebuild cities

I like that!!!

agreed

Legendz54
03-28-2012, 08:17 AM
http://checkmypulse.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/shocked_face.jpg?w=300&h=300

Legendz54
03-28-2012, 08:19 AM
I used to love ac franchise mostly for the storyline but MOTHER OF GOD they have just blown my mind away with that interview. Now i am even more excited for the game play.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 08:29 AM
the answer is this please enter it http://www.skins-sticker.com/
Please stop spamming and advertising its against the rules..

souNdwAve89
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Great videos and very descriptive. I'm even more hyped...

Dralight
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the links, that was great. I've never been so excited for an AC game. D:

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, that is one excited editor in chief!

Lass4r
03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Everyone that has seen this seems almost ecstatic, they describe it as being a revolution not only for the series, but a step forward for gaming in general. Not one of them seems to not be blown away. It seems insane.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Everyone that has seen this seems almost ecstatic, they describe it as being a revolution not only for the series, but a step forward for gaming in general. Not one of them seems to not be blown away. It seems insane.
Its almost scary..

frigabond
03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Great videos. Thanks for posting.

Technical stuff aside I get a really good feeling for the game from that guy. ( tech stuff makes my eyes glaze over :))

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I bet Ubi is going:
https://whyweprotest.net/asset-proxy/01793e33d7f42143595532de0bd6ec97b22be2c0/687474703a2f2f66696c65732e73686172656e61746f722e63 6f6d2f657863656c6c656e745f52455f4d656d65626173655f 35322d73343338783433382d3139323934382d3538302e6a70 67/http://files.sharenator.com/excellent_RE_Memebase_52-s438x438-192948-580.jpg
I know I am.

pacmanate
03-28-2012, 01:19 PM
1:38 what is that clip from?

kosmoscreed
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the links, I have a lot of fun with the discussion.

notafanboy
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
im glad they got rid of the scalping thingy.I mean it just sounds so pointless

Timeaus
03-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Cool thanks, As more and more information are being revealed my level of excitement is going up like crazy. I'm so hyped for this game now. I

UrDeviant1
03-28-2012, 05:07 PM
They got rid of the Scalping because It was historically Inaccurate, no?

pacmanate
03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
And because they thought people would over use it.

E.G kill like 10 guards and scalp every single one.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 05:17 PM
That and they were a bit concerned as to what some homicidal players might do.

goclo822
03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
This interview got me 10x more psyched for the game then I was before! It brought up a lot of issues I had been worrying about and completely put them to rest. It gave a ton of great detail into the game and managed to do so without repeating too much while still bringing up seemingly small but important pieces of the game. The amount of realism and detail that seems to have been incorporated into AC3 is something I have ALWAYS wanted to see in video games, especially in regards to animation. I am so excited to see what AC3 will look like.

deskpe
03-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Scalping would be pointless. wonder if looting bodies is back

these vide were good!

l Khasim l
03-28-2012, 07:42 PM
First they said scalping was scrapped because of historical inaccuracy (Mohawks allegedly did not scalp), now it's because it they are scared of lawsuits (because seriously, plunging a sword in one's head and picking them up with the sword still in their skull or knocking someone over and stomping their face are not brutal situations at all...)
Anyway, I think they could have kept it, but not as a thing you can do on EVERY dead enemy - i.e. each scalping is a part of a mission,
Other than that, **** I am so hyped. I wonder if the camera changes to an Uncharted-esque chase sequence angle when you run through somebody's bedroom.

deskpe
03-28-2012, 07:49 PM
First they said scalping was scrapped because of historical inaccuracy (Mohawks allegedly did not scalp), now it's because it they are scared of lawsuits (because seriously, plunging a sword in one's head and picking them up with the sword still in their skull or knocking someone over and stomping their face are not brutal situations at all...)
Anyway, I think they could have kept it, but not as a thing you can do on EVERY dead enemy - i.e. each scalping is a part of a mission,
Other than that, **** I am so hyped. I wonder if the camera changes to an Uncharted-esque chase sequence angle when you run through somebody's bedroom.

running through houses are not interactive

smengler
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Scalping would be pointless. wonder if looting bodies is back

these vide were good!

Hopefully looting bodies is gone. I thought it was good at first, but then I found that I always spent about 20 seconds walking around looking for money after every fight. They should either make looting quicker, or make it so that Connor automatically reaches down and grabs the money as you walk over the body.

kudos17
03-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Animations on par, if not surpassing, Uncharted series? Oh Gods, yes.

Dunno why, but natural and fluid animations in games always makes me a happy camper. I know nobody likes stiff animations, but this extra mile they're taking is worth so much to admirers like me.

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 02:57 AM
I haven't been around here in a while (Mass Effect 3) and I'm so glad I came back to this. 5 minutes into the first video I was giddy like a little school child on Christmas morning. I simply can't control my excitement. Especially it taking place mostly in beantown. LOVE IT!

One thing that made me nervous however, they needed to add things to remind us we were playing an AC game. Frankly this frightens me a bit.

Anyway, I love you Ubisoft.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Somewhat misleading title. I was hoping for a new trailer!

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:33 AM

That was a weak excuse presented by Ubisoft as to not sound like wimps, but now they look like even bigger wimps for just not being upfront. Don't get me wrong. It probably isn't historically accurate, however; neither is this ****ing war between the Asssasins and Templars; Leonardo Da'Vinci being some sort of over the top comedic figure isn't exactly historically accurate either.

I haven't been around here in a while (Mass Effect 3) and I'm so glad I came back to this. 5 minutes into the first video I was giddy like a little school child on Christmas morning. I simply can't control my excitement. Especially it taking place mostly in beantown. LOVE IT!

One thing that made me nervous however, they needed to add things to remind us we were playing an AC game. Frankly this frightens me a bit.

Anyway, I love you Ubisoft.

So you'd rather play another boring ACII clone with redundant, un-needed additions to keep the game "fresh"?

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Clearly you don't like the AC franchise. Perhaps you should find a game series you do like and post on their forums?

I really don't see a need to explain myself to you. I've posted my feelings on the franchise as a whole here many time before. If you would like to know how I feel about it instead of assuming I want a crap game, you can search through my posts yourself. Thank you.

-Blind

And now I remember why I stopped posting anywhere but the UUSDG and off topic threads.

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Wow, easy there, bro. I love Assassin's Creed and I felt like Assassin's Creed II was a real step-forward for the series, but frankly I--like many gaming journalists apparently--felt like the last two games were nothing more than quick cash grabs. Are they good games? Yes. Of course they are. They're built off of ACII which is a superb video game and they add several new features, both hit and miss. It's not really so much that they're bad games as it is that there can be too much of a good thing. That is precisely the case with the Ezio-trilogy. Brotherhood could've been DLC and Revelations story-wise was fairly pointless. And I actually really like Revelations in terms of gameplay and the multiplayer modes.

ToniTorsi
03-29-2012, 03:45 AM
That was a weak excuse presented by Ubisoft as to not sound like wimps, but now they look like even bigger wimps for just not being upfront. Don't get me wrong. It probably isn't historically accurate, however; neither is this ****ing war between the Asssasins and Templars; Leonardo Da'Vinci being some sort of over the top comedic figure isn't exactly historically accurate either.

So you'd rather play another boring ACII clone with redundant, un-needed additions to keep the game "fresh"?

ACII has more credibility in these forums than you.

DavisP92
03-29-2012, 03:50 AM

actually they said that they also didn't want it in there because they thought about all the sadistic players out there and how they would post on youtube, 10 minutes or so of them scalping countless of npcs. I think it is a smart thing that they did this, that's the same as how skyrim has the cut off ppls heads and yea that doesn't seem really bad when you play it but there are many sadistic gamers out there that make it a sport. Like the vid with a house full of heads

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:52 AM
People should be able to play games the way they want; Ubisoft is just trying to avoid any more controversy than they're already going to have for portraying people like George Washington, perhaps, not in such a flattering light.

ACII has more credibility in these forums than you.

Funny since Assassin's Creed II is one of my favorite games ever; I'm inclined to agree with you. My point had to do with the redundancy of the series since Assassin's Creed II's release. Not starting with.

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Well, apparently I completely agree with you. However, a complete change to the point where you need intermittent leaps of faith to remind you that you're playing AC? Granted it was a vague statement, still seems a bit drastic. That being said I'm still overly excited for what they have shown so far.

AdamXEve
03-29-2012, 03:56 AM
Well, obviously, they want to nod at the games that really set this one up to be what it appears to be. A revolution in gaming. If anything, I share in your excitement and fear of disappointment.

Biomedical-Fire
03-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Shane has eased my fears about the game mechanics with this interview. I was afraid that the fluidity would be non-existant when running through the trees and such. I'm a little more hyped for the game now, just hope Ubi doesn't take my excitement level down a notch by not giving N.A. a good CE.

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 04:35 AM
just hope Ubi doesn't take my excitement level down a notch by not giving N.A. a good CE.

They haven't given us a good one yet, why would they start now? I predict a coloring book and a teddy bear. Maybe even some crayons.

Nah they haven't been THAT bad, but EU definitely gets better CEs.

JumpInTheFire13
03-29-2012, 04:49 AM
They haven't given us a good one yet, why would they start now? I predict a coloring book and a teddy bear. Maybe even some crayons.

Nah they haven't been THAT bad, but EU definitely gets better CEs.
An AC teddy bear would be sick

Biomedical-Fire
03-29-2012, 05:46 AM

Nah they haven't been THAT bad, but EU definitely gets better CEs. Agreed that Ubi hasn't been that bad with the lack of CE's we get, but the Art Director of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia at Ubiworkshop said that there are some awesome Collector's Editions for ACIII in the works, but then again he could've been talking about the 3 CE's that Europe is getting.

Blind2Society
03-29-2012, 06:17 AM
An AC teddy bear would be sick

Nah, just a regular teddy bear. lol

Biomedical-Fire
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
At least the teddy bear would be a hell of a lot better than the cheaply made jack-in-the-box that came in the Brotherhood CE. That's if it were a Boyd's Bear teddy.

rileypoole1234
03-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Great info. I feel like I'm seeing so much information so early though. Almost feels spoilerish.

morpheusPrime08
03-30-2012, 01:52 AM
When he mentioned how conners movements during fight scenes were not limited to flat areas and places with 45 dagee angles, even going as far as having him put his leg against a tree when backed up in a fight, it got me really excited to see suh fluidity in not just an AC game but a game period. Not to mention that ropedart souds just plain sick.

PhonedZero
03-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Great interview, thanks for posting the links!

Jamison_J_B
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM

Scalping did happen among: native americans and colonists. Some of it was due to anger. Some was a sign of proof of a individual being killed. So scalping is real.

gamertam
04-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Please explain to me Ubisoft. How on God's green earth did you created a scalping screen and later have a change of heart?. what's the **** is wrong with you people? we know scalping did existed before and during and probably after the American Revolutionary War. I know what i'd said in one of mine post stating that it's Ubi's game and they'll do what do to it according how they see fit.

I'm a little disappointed after watching the second part of the video knowing scalping won't be in it. I'd also stated that, Ubi should keep the scalping to a small detail rather than having Connor doing the deed. Maybe it's your own doing creating Connor have to scalp everytime, however i still feel strongly scalping should stay. In a very subtle way of course. Please reconsider about scalping in the game.

Dtanobo
04-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Please explain to me Ubisoft. How on God's green earth did you created a scalping screen and later have a change of heart?. what's the **** is wrong with you people? we know scalping did existed before and during and probably after the American Revolutionary War. I know what i'd said in one of mine post stating that it's Ubi's game and they'll do what do to it according how they see fit.

I'm a little disappointed after watching the second part of the video knowing scalping won't be in it. I'd also stated that, Ubi should keep the scalping to a small detail rather than having Connor doing the deed. Maybe it's your own doing creating Connor have to scalp everytime, however i still feel strongly scalping should stay. In a very subtle way of course. Please reconsider about scalping in the game.

Jesus, does it really matter that you can't cut and tear someone's scalp off in a game? It's a game, that wouldn't remove or add any pleasure at all unless you're into defocating corpses. Sure it was done back then, but so was nailing prostitutes, and is that in the game? Relax a bit and let them go through the choice of removing scalping. It's not something the developers wanted to see being done in the game. No need to attack the company for removing a small aspect of a game that pretty much had no mechanic in it. All it would do is just add to the economic system. Regardless, the game will be great with or without scalping. Assassinating people is still there.

eagleforlife1
04-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Jesus, does it really matter that you can't cut and tear someone's scalp off in a game? It's a game, that wouldn't remove or add any pleasure at all unless you're into defocating corpses. Sure it was done back then, but so was nailing prostitutes, and is that in the game? Relax a bit and let them go through the choice of removing scalping. It's not something the developers wanted to see being done in the game. No need to attack the company for removing a small aspect of a game that pretty much had no mechanic in it. All it would do is just add to the economic system. Regardless, the game will be great with or without scalping. Assassinating people is still there.

I would suggest you relax as well. He's not harming anybody by expressing his opinion. It's not like he's condoning real life scalping.

gamertam
04-28-2012, 09:21 AM
here's what i don't understand. Ubisoft created something they felt will have somewhat controversial issue(ie scalping) before hand. They went on and showcase only to a small group that attend. If they knew this ahead of time, why even bother show the demo/footage at all. Better yet why even created i the first place altogether? (OXM) Official Xbox Magazine stated earlier that there will be scalping in the game:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40573/features/seven-things-ubisoft-cut-from-assassins-creed-3/.

it just seem Ubi is kinda flip-flopping on the issue.

@eagleforlife1
correct. I'm fine with his opinion. We're all here to expresses our feeling about the game. No i don't advocating scalping in real life. Since ACIII takes place in AR with a half Native/half English main character. As historically correct telling of the story as possible. They consorted with historians for facts if i'm recalling from one interview. i would've thought scalping would bring a deeper, more truth story telling than not. I don't see the harm in showing it at all.

sure there will always idiots on youtube makes matter worse. As long as Ubi's intentions meant well and good faith. There's no problem putting it out.

EmmaBemma
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Not bothered about scalping. Anyway, it's not exactly low-key, as an assassin, to keep your target's scalps.

Kind of shame the rebuild aspect has gone... I was kind of hoping we'd be able to help build up the cities (rather than renovating). However, that may not fit well with Connor's character. I'm hoping we're not too rich, actually.

Game sounds amazing. I'm glad the templars are getting expanded on, rather than just being 2D baddies. I'm hoping not all of us redcoats are totally bad guys either ;)

Dtanobo
04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
here's what i don't understand. Ubisoft created something they felt will have somewhat controversial issue(ie scalping) before hand. They went on and showcase only to a small group that attend. If they knew this ahead of time, why even bother show the demo/footage at all. Better yet why even created i the first place altogether? (OXM) Official Xbox Magazine stated earlier that there will be scalping in the game:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40573/features/seven-things-ubisoft-cut-from-assassins-creed-3/.

it just seem Ubi is kinda flip-flopping on the issue.

@eagleforlife1
correct. I'm fine with his opinion. We're all here to expresses our feeling about the game. No i don't advocating scalping in real life. Since ACIII takes place in AR with a half Native/half English main character. As historically correct telling of the story as possible. They consorted with historians for facts if i'm recalling from one interview. i would've thought scalping would bring a deeper, more truth story telling than not. I don't see the harm in showing it at all.

sure there will always idiots on youtube makes matter worse. As long as Ubi's intentions meant well and good faith. There's no problem putting it out.

Yeah look man, I don't blame you for being mad or disappointed that they removed something from a game that you would've enjoyed. Both Brotherhood and Revelations had some cool things I wanted but they seem to have removed from the game and much like tonnes of other games out there. And sorry If my tone was a little drastic, I wasn't angry or anything. I just find it really odd and a little annoying that a lot of people are causing comotion over the fact the ubisoft removed an aspect of the game that changed little of the overral outcome. If they removed something like canoeing or the rope dart, I assure you that I would definately be rather annoyed too. But yes, everyone is entitled to want whatever they please, that was just my (misleading) reply. I think the lack of AC3 info is getting to me! :P

gamertam
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah look man, I don't blame you for being mad or disappointed that they removed something from a game that you would've enjoyed. Both Brotherhood and Revelations had some cool things I wanted but they seem to have removed from the game and much like tonnes of other games out there. And sorry If my tone was a little drastic, I wasn't angry or anything. I just find it really odd and a little annoying that a lot of people are causing comotion over the fact the ubisoft removed an aspect of the game that changed little of the overral outcome. If they removed something like canoeing or the rope dart, I assure you that I would definately be rather annoyed too. But yes, everyone is entitled to want whatever they please, that was just my (misleading) reply. I think the lack of AC3 info is getting to me! :P

If truely confirm that there's no scalping at all. Then there's nothing left to discuss on this matter. No, i won't be angry. Just that, the game would do justice and add some truth history telling since I was never taught about scalping when i was in grade school and in High School. We never did any profound discussion. Well, i guess to this day. Scalping, no matter which parties were involved. It's too taboo of a subject even i video game. Ripping out your opponent's heart, shooting up civilians, bad languages are all okay. Not to mentioned half naked women pictorials.

I think the lack of AC3 info is getting to me! :P
me too, i guess. Off to bed, it's 2:17 in the morning.

masterfenix2009
04-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Connor's tribe apparently didn't do it in history.

GIONAScm2
04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks for sharing these videos! :D

gamertam
04-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Connor's tribe apparently didn't do it in history.
It been confirmed Connor may get invite to join clubs by doing missions. Scalping may involve. I'm speculating there will be time in the game where Connor will fight against other Native tribes. So scalping maybe involve. In a form of retaliation.

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Can someone tell me if there's anything new?

I hear there are some new screens.
I've been up to date with the news as I check for AC news every day, so IDK if there's anything interesting to see in the vid?