PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia and Daniel Cross

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 01:22 AM
I just went on the AC Wiki, and on the recent activity page it showed that the page Philadelphia had been added to the category "ACIII Locations." I clicked on the page and it said... Well, just check it out yourself:http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Philadelphia

If we go to Philly in AC3, could it possibly have some connection to Daniel Cross?

LightRey
03-28-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure where they got that information, but it's also a good idea to take any information from the wiki with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by a reliable source.

SixKeys
03-28-2012, 01:34 AM
The devs have confirmed in interviews that Philadelphia will indeed feature in the game but as a linear mission(s), not free-roam. The reason for this is because they couldn't find a way to make the city visually interesting because of its gridded layout and wide, empty streets.

rileypoole1234
03-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Ubi confirmed Philly, but in the same manner as Spain in ACB or Rome in AC2 because of what Keys mentioned. It is interesting though, I wonder what we'll see in Philly since it'll be linear. I doubt the end of the game will happen there. Hopefully we at least go into Independence Hall. I'd really love to see the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Jexx21
03-28-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure where they got that information, but it's also a good idea to take any information from the wiki with a grain of salt until it's confirmed by a reliable source.

The AC wiki only adds reliable information, and if info they update is unreliable, they remove it.

Legendz54
03-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Danial cross was born in 1974 which would make him 38 in 2012 so he would still fit in the series, i would prefer us to see Desmond in modern times travel to philadelphia.

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 02:14 AM
Dcross was born in 1974 which would make him 48 in 2012 so he would still fit in the series, maybe in AC3
You mean 38?

Legendz54
03-28-2012, 02:17 AM
You mean 38?
yes lol

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Hmmm Charles Lee died in philly. It's kinda obvious with the date and place of his death that he's the main Templar. A bit too obvious so he probably isn't, i hope.

frogger504
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Hmmm Charles Lee died in philly. It's kinda obvious with the date and place of his death that he's the main Templar. A bit too obvious so he probably isn't, i hope.

It is very likely that Lee is Conner's father. Also, he is seen with Conner together in a mission riding horses with troops behind him so he will be an ally at one point. Although if your father betrays you and your Order? That would be a cool plot twist, although it is already reminding me of AC1. They said the style of enemies will be like AC1, I just hope they don't just take the exact same concept from before.

They've been talking about not copying anything from Ezio's time, but what about Altair's?

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
It is very likely that Lee is Conner's father. Also, he is seen with Conner together in a mission riding horses with troops behind him so he will be an ally at one point. Although if your father betrays you and your Order? That would be a cool plot twist, although it is already reminding me of AC1. They said the style of enemies will be like AC1, I just hope they don't just take the exact same concept from before.

They've been talking about not copying anything from Ezio's time, but what about Altair's?
That was Washington not Lee..

EscoBlades
03-28-2012, 09:57 AM

I know right? *facepalm*

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM

I've read both Washington and Lee mentioned as the person in that scene, if only there was someone on this board who's seen the footage to give us confirmation...................................... .........

Edit: speak of the devil..

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I've read both Washington and Lee mentioned as the person in that scene, if only there was someone on this board who's seen the footage to give us confirmation...................................... .........

Edit: speak of the devil..
Its Common sense..
You dont need someone who saw footage or knows a bit more than us..

Lass4r
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Ubi confirmed Philly, but in the same manner as Spain in ACB or Rome in AC2 because of what Keys mentioned. It is interesting though, I wonder what we'll see in Philly since it'll be linear. I doubt the end of the game will happen there. Hopefully we at least go into Independence Hall. I'd really love to see the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Ubisoft confirmed that one of the reasons they did Philly was because they needed to go there for the Declaration of Independence, so we'll go there =)

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
How is it common sense again?

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 10:14 AM
How is it common sense again?
I dont know..
Maybe compare the artworks of Charles and George to the Guy with Connor ?
Or maybe compare the guy giving the speech in trailer, who is Washington, to the guy with Connor..
Or or maybe, just maybe, compare the actual in game screen shot of Charles Lee holding Connor by the throat, to the guy with Connor on Horseback..

There is common sense for ya..

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Ah.. see I was going from a TEXT description in a couple of different articles which name different people involved in the "English general battle assassination" and obviously made the foolish mistake of thinking that there might be more than one instance of Connor accompanying someone, somewhere while travelling on horseback. I wasn't aware that the horse was a one shot deal but then i have been playing a lot of RDR lately. :rolleyes:

freddie_1897
03-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Philladelphia is like Rome was in AC2, you go there, but not whenever you like due to it being too gridded and boring

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Ah.. see I was going from a TEXT description in a couple of different articles which name different people involved in the "English general battle assassination" and obviously made the foolish mistake of thinking that there might be more than one instance of Connor accompanying someone, somewhere while travelling on horseback. I wasn't aware that the horse was a one shot deal but then i have been playing a lot of RDR lately. :rolleyes:
Who said that the Horse was a one shot deal ?

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 10:55 AM

As far as I'm concerned, anything they borrow from AC1 is a plus. Lee as Connor's dad and the villain would be a nice nod to star wars, personally, I'd like to see Washington as the ultimate Templar after all history is written by the Templars.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
As far as I'm concerned, anything they borrow from AC1 is a plus. Lee as Connor's dad and the villain would be a nice nod to star wars, personally, I'd like to see Washington as the ultimate Templar after all history is written by the Templars.
Not all of it..

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Not all of what?

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Not all of what?
Not all of History is written by the Templars..

LightRey
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Exactly. For instance, Machiavelli wrote several books of historic value.

The AC wiki only adds reliable information, and if info they update is unreliable, they remove it.
Yet we have seen them place quite a few bits of false information over the years. Even if they are basing it on reliable info, which I sincerely doubt they do 100% of the time, they could very easily be jumping to conclusions. Scientific Journals are a thousand times more reliable than any wiki, yet even they publish falsified information from time to time (obviously uninetnionally, it's usually the scientist who's responsible for the fraud). Take it with a grain of salt.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM

ok lol. Here are the 2 commas that i missed M,(,,) see if you can figure out where to stick them.:)

hint: one goes before after, the other after all.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Exactly. For instance, Machiavelli wrote several books of historic value..

Really, I thought it was pretty obvious what i meant?

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 11:39 AM
ok lol. Here are the 2 commas that i missed M,(,,) see if you can figure out where to stick them.:)

It still conveys the same meaning..
makes completely no difference..

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
It still conveys the same meaning..
makes completely no difference..

Everyone loves a pedant. Well played.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 11:55 AM

What do you think commas are for? Use them next time​.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 12:01 PM
What do you think commas are for? Use them next time​.

Are you for real?

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you for real?
Yes, as you may have noticed, not all of us here are native speakers. Proper punctuation can avoid a lot of unnecessary misunderstandings.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, as you may have noticed, not all of us here are native speakers. Proper punctuation can avoid a lot of unnecessary misunderstandings.

I take your point and I generally am careful with my punctuation, however errors do occur and unnecessary misunderstandings can equally be avoided by carefully reading posts before hurrying to reply with what could be construed as unnecessarily condescending and or hostile remarks.

As two of the more prominent members of our forum, I am sure that Ubisoft would expect yourself and assassin m, to conduct yourselves with the reputation of Assassins Creed and Ubisoft in mind and be welcoming and considerate of fellow fans, not to resort to petty arguing and what could be taken as less than constructive posting.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM
I take your point and I generally am careful with my punctuation, however errors do occur and unnecessary misunderstandings can equally be avoided by carefully reading posts before hurrying to reply with what could be construed as unnecessarily condescending and or hostile remarks.

As two of the more prominent members of our forum, I am sure that Ubisoft would expect yourself and assassin m, to conduct yourselves with the reputation of Assassins Creed and Ubisoft in mind and be welcoming and considerate of fellow fans, not to resort to petty arguing and what could be taken as less than constructive posting.
Who's arguing? If you think this is an argument I don't think you've seen enough of the discussions I have on these forums.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM

My post was neither intended as arguing nor was it less than constructive..
All I said was "Not all of history is written by Templars"
You seemed to have taken hostility to this and replied irrelevantly..
To me it seems you`re the one looking for an argument..

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM
My post was neither intended as arguing nor was it less than constructive..
All I said was "Not all of history is written by Templars"
You seemed to have taken hostility to this and replied irrelevantly..
To me it seems you`re the one looking for an argument..

Well then, you seem to be making a lot of misjudgements tonight, try re-reading the thread again more carefully from the beginning.

Assassin_M
03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Well then, you seem to be making a lot of misjudgements tonight, try re-reading the thread again more carefully from the beginning.
I already did, and to be honest....... It still conveyed the same meaning..
And I suggest we put this to rest, else if you wish this to continue in PMs, I`ll just leave this here

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I already did, and to be honest....... It still conveyed the same meaning..
And I suggest we put this to rest, else if you wish this to continue in PMs, I`ll just leave this here

Done. This thread is ridiculously derailed.:rolleyes:

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Who's arguing? If you think this is an argument I don't think you've seen enough of the discussions I have on these forums.

:) Ha, he's right.

I was going to post something on topic but the thread got so derailed I can't remember what it was.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, same here. I think we were wondering why we're going to philadelphia. I figured it was for the "end game" like Arsuf/ Rome/ Viana in the others but the signing of the declaration of independence seems likely. What else happened there?