PDA

View Full Version : Call to ALL AMERICAN fans who want a comparable collectors edition!

assassin_zombie
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
The US fans have been cheated out of collectors editions since brotherhood, I understand the whole European special editions but the fact that the US get the absolute minimal content possible bugs me. I have seen a lot of people express similar concerns so i want to bring them all into one place, post here if you feel the same.

Here is my plight, Im sure you guys wont remember me but i was on these forums around the time that BrotherHood was coming out, After its release I had yet to return until recently. As most of you know the European collectors editions for brotherhood were 100x better than the P.O.S Jack in the box we were offered. I for one am a fan that loves to have all the extra goodies, so the CODEX Edition was the best choice but it was impossible to get in the US from a dignified retailer. I had to order my CE from an eBay seller in France for almost double what he paid for it, I felt this could have gone some much easier had Ubisoft just released the same collectors edition worldwide like they did the first AC game, even a slight difference is fine like the color of the statues for the AC2 CE. We didn't even get a real CE for last years release! I know im not the only american who thought the freedom edition was amazing so I really hope that the US will get something comparable to the freedom edition. you would think we would get a better CE considering the game is set in America.

EscoBlades
03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
My eyes.....

Here's the simple explanation. Markets differ. Exchange rates differ. Retailers differ by region. By that simple logic alone, very few "special" editions will ever be exactly the same in this industry. Its just the way it is.

Compare it to staggered release dates. US om Tuesdays, EU/ UK on Fridays. Yeah...sucks doesn't it?

UrDeviant1
03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
you would think we would get a better CE considering the game is set in America.

Why should you get a better one just because the game's set In America? I'v heard a few other yanks suggest the same. Typical. At least wait for the NA Editions to be announced before you object to what they may or may not be.

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Since Brotherhood!? Try since AC1 when we got the CE with a 3 inch little statue and the Europeans got a full size awesome figure. Or in ACII when the Europeans got the black edition with EVERYTHING and we got our CE that was missing DLC and other stuff. That CE was ok but we still got shafted. Brotherhood got the awesome Codex edition. We got a ******ed jack in the box. Revelations got the Animus Edition in Europe which mind you wasn't that great in the first place. WE got even less with the signature edition which was nothing but a normal copy of the game with dlc already included. I agree I am sick of getting the B.S. CEs. This is the part where the Europeans come in and start whining about how they are usually the ones who get shafted which is prob true but that doesn't make it ok to do to us. That just means that the exclusivity of editions between continents needs to stop. Especially when an edition is open to ALL OTHER CONTINENTS including Australia, and the middle east. and NA once again is the ONLY one with the B.S. edition.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope you realise that the US IS getting something, and that only the European editions have been announced. And don't use such big text, it hurts.

Lonesoldier2012
03-27-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm blind. anyway we haven't seen the US edition yet. you can complain if you don't like it. but at least wait till we see what the NA edition is.

freddie_1897
03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I live I England, and personally I'd trade our collectors edition to have the game set in my own country, during the greatest time in my countries history.

Seriously, I can understand your problems with the previous games but isn't having the game set in your own country good enough for you? Stop complaining, you have it better than some people

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I live I England, and personally I'd trade our collectors edition to have the game set in my own country, during the greatest time in my countries history.

Seriously, I can understand your problems with the previous games but isn't having the game set in your own country good enough for you? Stop complaining, you have it better than some people

No it's not. I didn't want it in the U.S. I wanted it to be in France. Why would I want to play as a tourist in a setting that I can see outside my window every single day for the past 26 years? And mind you I agree with the direction of the series. I think it's a genius decision because it brings a new freshness to the game and opens many opportunities for the franchise but America was not my first choice. Although I do think it's the smartest one.

DavisP92
03-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Why should you get a better one just because the game's set In America? I'v heard a few other yanks suggest the same. Typical. At least wait for the NA Editions to be announced before you object to what they may or may not be.

lol wow you said yanks. the way i see it, Europe got some some nice collector editions because well it was set in Europe. While now the game is set in America then shouldn't America get something special first. The next game could be set in Japan and Japan should get something special, wherever the game is set it that location should get something special first.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
No it's not. I didn't want it in the U.S. I wanted it to be in France. Why would I want to play as a tourist in a setting that I can see outside my window every single day for the past 26 years? And mind you I agree with the direction of the series. I think it's a genius decision because it brings a new freshness to the game and opens many opportunities for the franchise but America was not my first choice. Although I do think it's the smartest one.

Pretty sure france would of changed over the years.... WHICH IS THE EXACT POINT THE DEVS ARE MAKING. Yes it is in America but it won't LOOK like New York or Boston except from famous landmarks

UrDeviant1
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
lol wow you said yanks. the way i see it, Europe got some some nice collector editions because well it was set in Europe. While now the game is set in America then shouldn't America get something special first. The next game could be set in Japan and Japan should get something special, wherever the game is set it that location should get something special first.

You don't know that the reason Europe got better content was because the games were set In Europe. Australia and Asia got the same as Europe If I'm not mistaken. When they announce the NA Editions you might be surprised. Ubi might give them a nice little flag or something.

assassin_zombie
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I hope you realise that the US IS getting something, and that only the European editions have been announced. And don't use such big text, it hurts. I know that we are getting something i never said i didn't what im saying is that Ubisoft should think about how big their american market is and should treat it with as much respect as its European market instead of treating us like second class fans who get a kick out of a Rinky - **** jack in the box.

And to CLARIFY for all who post here i am NOT complaining about the US CE how can I? they haven't even released what it will be!

DavisP92
03-27-2012, 10:56 PM
You don't know that the reason Europe got better content was because the games were set In Europe. Australia and Asia got the same as Europe If I'm not mistaken. When they announce the NA Editions you might be surprised. Ubi might give them a nice little flag or something.

i wasn't saying that the reason Europe got better content was because it was set there, honestly, i don't know why they got better content. i was saying they should do it like that. By doing it like that it would be pretty cool. every location the game is set in would have something special.

seeing how i'm already going to get the game, and i'm one of those gamers that only care for in game content, i'm not a fan of the toys and other stuff that came with the game. Like the jack-in-the-box. I'd like an exclusive only in game content edition :P

Mr_Shade
03-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Oddly enough many, many people in the UK wanted that jack in the box... Myself included..

I suggest you cool your jets, until you know what the US is getting...

DavisP92
03-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Oddly enough many, many people in the UK wanted that jack in the box... Myself included..

really wow, idk i never cared for it. I have mine just collecting dust. Never really saw the point to it, that and the action figure of Altair and Ezio, i gave those away the first time someone asked for it.

Mr_Shade
03-27-2012, 11:02 PM
really wow, idk i never cared for it. I have mine just collecting dust. Never really saw the point to it, that and the action figure of Altair and Ezio, i gave those away the first time someone asked for it.
Many collectors do like the added value and collectorables - that's why they keep doing them ;)

assassin_zombie
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Thats odd, i felt the jack and the box really showed what ubisoft thought of its american fan base but i may just be taking things to personal.

DavisP92
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Many collectors do like the added value and collectorables - that's why they keep doing them ;)

yea i get that haha, i'm fine with the tin box, the soundtrack, the behind the scenes dvd, but i never cared for action figures/toys and a jack-in-the-box. I would have liked a necklace or a bracer with the assassin logo, or for AC3 a cloth with Connor's head eagle drawing. But i'm not for action figures and jack-in-the-boxes. I mainly got collector editions for the in-game content and support for Ubisoft.

I saw that there are 3 in-game sp missions, i want all three in one edition. idk why they have them split up

Vex_Assassin
03-27-2012, 11:24 PM
I really hope the US AND CANADA get a nice Collector's Edition, but before complaining I'll just wait to see what Ubisoft has in store for us.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
03-27-2012, 11:33 PM

A nice little flag? No thank you, I have my own large flag already, no need for a little flag...WAIT but if it's a continental army flag...then HECK YES, that would be awesome to have haha but no, a sweet collectors edition for us would be pretty awesome. I mean, I haven't bought any of the collectors editions out here because they haven't really been as cool as the European ones, but I really want to buy one this year and I just hope Ubisoft offers something awesome that would want to make me buy it.

JumpInTheFire13
03-27-2012, 11:55 PM
This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

I really hope the US AND CANADA get a nice Collector's Edition, but before complaining I'll just wait to see what Ubisoft has in store for us.
Exactly. There's more to NORTH AMERICA than the US. Ubisoft is based in CANADA shouldn't we get something good too?

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:27 AM

Exactly. There's more to NORTH AMERICA than the US. Ubisoft is based in CANADA shouldn't we get something good too?
Ubisoft is based in France. Ubisoft Montreal is based in Canada.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 12:30 AM
You all do realize that what you look outside your window and can see doesn't look like it does today? The places looked completely different back then.

Ayreons-Will
03-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't mind a don't tread on me flag or a continental army flag ;) But all I care about is the DLC and Washington Journal. I am hoping we get at least that much.

beatledude210
03-28-2012, 01:02 AM
If worse comes to worse, can anyone tell me a European website that ships to America? Because I really want the Freedom Edition.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
The thing I want the most is the Mayan temple DLC.

JumpInTheFire13
03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
If worse comes to worse, can anyone tell me a European website that ships to America? Because I really want the Freedom Edition.
The game is probably region-locked. And we don't know if the Freedom Edition will be available in North America (that's Canada, US, and Mexico, not just US) yet.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
The game is probably region-locked. And we don't know if the Freedom Edition will be available in North America (that's Canada, US, and Mexico, not just US) yet.
I believe only the Xbox 360 version of the game is region locked.

assassin_zombie
04-01-2012, 02:33 AM
I believe only the Xbox 360 version of the game is region locked.
was everything region locked for brotherhoods special edition ?

gamertam
04-01-2012, 04:09 AM
@ Mr_Shade,
Really Mr_Shade? i would've never thought of that. If the UK and the rest of Europeans wanted so much the JitB collector's Editions. Ubisoft should've have made a poll which CE UK or/rest of Europe wanted. Then the UK/it neighbors should've gotten the Jack-in-the-Box Edition and us gamers from the US should've gotten the Codex Edition. Because i'm sure as hell wanted the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Codex Collector's Edition. Y'know what? i'm willing to put up my JitB CE a straight up trade for the Codex CE. Any takers.? i could always purchase another JitB CE here in the US.

to add my two cents into this thread. I do agreed with members from the US in these forum about the lack of attention the US gamers/retailers gotten over the past years. Sure CE is nice but that's doesn't bring a total experince other than they are just toy/ items to be stare at a brief moment and put it away, for some people anyway. But for myself. I want the whole thing.

(have any of members here have seen AC1 Europe Limited Editions? now compares that to the US. Envy? no. More like screw you.)

rain89c
04-01-2012, 05:28 AM
**** man, if you are a console gamer, you got it better than us U.S PC gamers, I dont even think we got a PHYSICAL copy of the collectors editions of all previous AC games.

But imo, I dont really care for anything much except for the **** ART BOOK. Which I can't ever get for the PC version because they never include a physical copy for the U.S PC C.E's versions.

LightRey
04-01-2012, 07:14 AM
was everything region locked for brotherhoods special edition ?
Well I dunno about download/unlock codes, though they are most likely region locked as well as even the PS3 codes are region locked, but Xbox version of the game itself most certainly is region locked.

assassin_zombie
04-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Well I dunno about download/unlock codes, though they are most likely region locked as well as even the PS3 codes are region locked, but Xbox version of the game itself most certainly is region locked.

Ahh i see, i figured the dlc was region locked but i thought the games would fly, but i didn't know that the PS3 doesn't have any region restrictions i figured they were stifflers for that stuff since you cant play Japanese games on a US console.

With Assassins creed III being ubisoft's most pre-orderd game yet do you guys think north america will get a desirable collectors edition?

LightRey
04-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Ahh i see, i figured the dlc was region locked but i thought the games would fly, but i didn't know that the PS3 doesn't have any region restrictions i figured they were stifflers for that stuff since you cant play Japanese games on a US console.

With Assassins creed III being ubisoft's most pre-orderd game yet do you guys think north america will get a desirable collectors edition?
I don't know. It's most likely in the hands of Ubi's marketing department and the retailers.

Assassin_M
04-01-2012, 08:22 AM
**** man, if you are a console gamer, you got it better than us U.S PC gamers, I dont even think we got a PHYSICAL copy of the collectors editions of all previous AC games.

But imo, I dont really care for anything much except for the **** ART BOOK. Which I can't ever get for the PC version because they never include a physical copy for the U.S PC C.E's versions.
Swearing wont do you much good..

SaintPerkele
04-01-2012, 04:42 PM
This is the part where the Europeans come in and start whining about how they are usually the ones who get shafted which is prob true but that doesn't make it ok to do to us.
Do you have to insult Europeans with every single comment of yours?

Even though I'm European (haha.), I agree with the OP. But let's be honest, companies just want to sell stuff and adapt their products to different markets and don't really care about fairness towards the consumers. At least we in Europe and the States still get more than the rest of the world..

Assassin_M
04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Do you have to insult Europeans with every single comment of yours?

Even though I'm European (haha.), I agree with the OP. But let's be honest, companies just want to sell stuff and adapt their products to different markets and don't really care about fairness towards the consumers. At least we in Europe and the States still get more than the rest of the world..
I Approve of this..
The Middle East doesnt get SQUAT !!!
Even though the video game is rapidly evolving there..

freddie_1897
04-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I Approve of this..
The Middle East doesnt get SQUAT !!!
Even though the video game is rapidly evolving there..

What part of Egypt do you live in?

Assassin_M
04-01-2012, 04:47 PM
What part of Egypt do you live in?
Right next to the Pyramids..

brick177
04-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I've never been one to splurge on a collector's edition but I might for this game if the North American one looks particularly interesting.

Also, let's try not to lump people together based on an individual's opinion. If we're going to make groups let's do, "Mature" and "Immature" rather than "Country A" and "Country B".

freddie_1897
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Oh for the love of god HOW OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE? The main point in assassins creed is the game not some little statue of Connor. Why can't you be patient, it's 6 months until it's released, the only reason europes CE has been announced is because Ubisoft is a French company. I'm sure youll get a CE as the game is set there. If you don't get a CE I will rip my balls off and eat them. Seriously all good things come to those who wait so just frickin WAIT for once. I can understand why your annoyed about previous games but you have no right to insult Ubisoft over a CE you probably will get in the first place! And to those anti-Europeans out there just stop, it's over a game, not even a game actually
Just some extra things.

Patience is a virtue, be virtueous.

freddie_1897
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Right next to the Pyramids..

I thought there have been some riots there after that football ban, were you on the middle of that?

Assassin_M
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I thought there have been some riots there after that football ban, were you on the middle of that?
We should continue this in PMs not here..

kriegerdesgottes
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh for the love of god HOW OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE? The main point in assassins creed is the game not some little statue of Connor. Why can't you be patient, it's 6 months until it's released, the only reason europes CE has been announced is because Ubisoft is a French company. I'm sure youll get a CE as the game is set there. If you don't get a CE I will rip my balls off and eat them. Seriously all good things come to those who wait so just frickin WAIT for once. I can understand why your annoyed about previous games but you have no right to insult Ubisoft over a CE you probably will get in the first place! And to those anti-Europeans out there just stop, it's over a game, not even a game actually
Just some extra things.

Patience is a virtue, be virtueous.

Totally missed the whole point. We are not angry because they haven't announced our CE yet which is slightly annoying and also happens every time. We are annoyed because every single AC has gotten an amazing awesome CE(except ACR which had a crappy one all the way around) that NA could not have. The Europeans always get full awesome CEs with cool stuff and we get good to decent editions that are always missing stuff that the Europeans get. That is the point.

Biomedical-Fire
04-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Oddly enough many, many people in the UK wanted that jack in the box... Myself included..... Too bad nobody didn't start a thread about this, I would've gladly of purchased the Doctor jack-in-the-box for people in the EMEA from ubishop.com and sent it to them. However, it's a bit too late because Ubi must've sold out of them, because they are no longer there. As for myself, I would've liked the Codex because I like to read and I think that there must've been some good reading in there. I collect books and I have books dating back to the early 1700's, so you can see why I would've preferred the Codex over the Harlequin Jack-in-the-Box. I work for the Federal Gov't, that's where I've learned to be impatient, we're not a patient lot. :D

gamertam
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Check online auction sites. The JitB is much easier to comes by than the Codex Edition and cost much less.

I'm just saying, European countries were blessed with more prestige Editions. Now it US turn to deserve it as well. It's not unreasonable request to ask, correct?

JumpInTheFire13
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
How about we all get the same CE's?

n00bfi_97
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
EU/UK on Fridays.

Hey Esco, I know you're a respected member of the AC MP community but...

UK, Y U NO PART OF EU?!

UrDeviant1
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey Esco, I know you're a respected member of the AC MP community but...

UK, Y U NO PART OF EU?!

The UK Is part of the EU.

Biomedical-Fire
04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
.....Compare it to staggered release dates. US om Tuesdays, EU/ UK on Fridays. Yeah...sucks doesn't it? The movie and music industries are to blame for that. It's because of them that gaming companies release their games on Tuesday's here in North America. I'd much prefer an universal release date.

dannychristi
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
i think we should all get the samethang

DavisP92
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM

haha well one i highly doubt that it is, seems kind of dumb that you said that. two yea, the idea wasn't great but i'd like to get a good CE edition for NA as well. And three, you should do research before you say where a company is located. Lightrey pointed it out already.

dannychristi
04-01-2012, 11:57 PM
we should hit up ubi and tell them na wants the freedom edition

assassin_zombie
04-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Yo Guys i just saw this petition on the AC facebook wall i thought it would be a great post
Although this guy is demanding for a better edition and isnt taking a very mature approach
i think its worth a sign in case ubisoft happens to see the number of people that want a better CE
http://petitionbureau.org/acIIIcollectorsedit (http://petitionbureau.org/acIIIcollectorsedit)

JumpInTheFire13
04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
CE edition
Collector's edition edition?

UrDeviant1
04-02-2012, 01:55 AM

It's the Edition for people with learning difficulties.

****, even they get a CE before the US.

SaintPerkele
04-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Yo Guys i just saw this petition on the AC facebook wall i thought it would be a great post
Although this guy is demanding for a better edition and isnt taking a very mature approach
i think its worth a sign in case ubisoft happens to see the number of people that want a better CE
http://petitionbureau.org/acIIIcollectorsedit (http://petitionbureau.org/acIIIcollectorsedit)
Immature indeed: "but also because the game plt is set in AMERICA in both times, past and present.." - Yep, who doesn't remember the awesome CE of Assassin's Creed for Syria and Israel? Oh wait..

SleezeRocker
04-02-2012, 03:20 AM
You can still get ACB Collector's editions on amazon for about 50-60$ on amazon (US)

SixKeys
04-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Immature indeed: "but also because the game plt is set in AMERICA in both times, past and present.." - Yep, who doesn't remember the awesome CE of Assassin's Creed for Syria and Israel? Oh wait..

^ This. That's why this type of whining comes off as entitled to me. The game may be set in America, but it was created by a Canadian studio. They don't owe US fans anything more than to their European fans.

assassin_zombie
04-02-2012, 03:51 AM
^ This. That's why this type of whining comes off as entitled to me. The game may be set in America, but it was created by a Canadian studio. They don't owe US fans anything more than to their European fans.

And Canada deserves it more? Im not sure exactly what you were trying to say

DavisP92
04-02-2012, 04:36 AM

lol oops, wasn't really paying attention when i wrote that. but yea CE edition is the ultimate version of all the CE. It will have all of the in game content, the updated encyclopedia, the medallion, and the connor statue :P

assassin_zombie
04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
the ultimate version of all the CE. It will have all of the in game content, the updated encyclopedia, the medallion, and the connor statue :P

this would be cool as hell, throw in an american fllag with assassin symbol on it and id drop 200 bucks on that

kriegerdesgottes
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM

No but it should sure as hell be equal at some point don't you think?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:31 AM
I want a Shaun Hasting action figure with jerk enabled catch phrase like, ''oh what are you a VEGAN assassin, you would be the first vegan assassin in history.'' or '' No one loves me Q.Q waaaa and kitty kat kate hates me because I am a jerk.'' something like that would be cool to have ;)

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:43 AM

If you think the Americas in the 18th Century look anything like the Americas now then you're very, very naive.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:45 AM
it still looks the same if you remove the buildings :p

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 01:48 AM
it still looks the same if you remove the buildings :p

Actually, no. No it doesn't.

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Do people still hold tea parties In Boston? LMAO HAHAHA no

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Do people still hold tea parties In Boston? LMAO HAHAHA no

Yes we do ? I do not find that funny

UrDeviant1
04-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Yes we do ? I do not find that funny

Ugh, forget It.

AdamXEve
04-03-2012, 02:02 AM
[Memes are no longer allowed. Sorry.]

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Man ^ he should just put a big target sign for an avatar...great way to expose yourself? lmao

gamertam
04-03-2012, 02:21 AM
I want a Shaun Hasting action figure with jerk enabled catch phrase like, ''oh what are you a VEGAN assassin, you would be the first vegan assassin in history.'' or '' No one loves me Q.Q waaaa and kitty kat kate hates me because I am a jerk.'' something like that would be cool to have ;)

i'm not exactly sure if you're being mean/ sarcastic, or just joking or even trolling. I just hope your post wasn't ill-intended it.
:)

Acrimonious_Nin
04-03-2012, 02:22 AM
i'm not exactly sure if you're being mean/ sarcastic, or just joking or even trolling. I just hope post wasn't ill-intended it.
:)
XD it was a joke chill out I am not out for trouble.