PDA

View Full Version : Muskets

Tetsou88
03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
For those of you who are not aware, they've revealed the 3 "limited" editions for ACIII. http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/27/assassins-creed-iii-gets-three-special-editions/

If you notice, the cheapest version comes with a mission that unlocks a Flintlock musket, which confirms the ability to use long fire-arms in the game and not just pistols. The only issue I have is that, only the "Special" edition gets it. I can understand the amount of DLC in the package going up as the the price gos up(to an extent), but why omit the one DLC from the other two?

I'm honestly hoping it'll show up as a Gamestop pre-order bonus or something over here in the states. On one hand I'd hate to miss out on the musket, on the other, I'd hate to miss out on the Mayan Temple found in the Freedom edition.

I really hope that there are other muskets inside the game. Historically there was the brown bess, the charleville, and the kentucky long rifle, but they all use a flintlock firing system, so they could technically be grouped into the one.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the musket and if will replace your bow as your long range weapon, or if you'll be able to carry both(like a heavy weapon).

mattscat16
03-28-2012, 01:01 AM
id rather have the musket in the normal 60 dollar version for a preorder bonus rather than a crappy steelbook

Timeaus
03-28-2012, 01:39 AM
yeah it would nice if they make an edition where you get all three missions, because each mission unlock a special weapon. I doubt that is the only way the you can obtain a musket and they mention about using guns to hunt and I don't think you'll do that with pistols. Also in one of the screen it show that connor is holding a musket while carrying the bow so I think some how you will be able to carry both.

mattahleen
03-28-2012, 04:28 AM
/\ non dlc gameplay

Nobstrangler
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
The major flaw with special edition is that their is no mission or rifle! Support are clueless. Just completed tea party bit still NO mission for rifle Doh! Downloaded from uplay on PC

Aphex_Tim
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
What's with all the massive bumping of old threads lately?

Serrachio
01-24-2013, 06:18 PM
The major flaw with special edition is that their is no mission or rifle! Support are clueless. Just completed tea party bit still NO mission for rifle Doh! Downloaded from uplay on PC

Here's the thing. It's not a rifle, it's a pistol named "Pirate Flintlock". The mission is a naval mission.