PDA

View Full Version : Rock Paper Shotgun Article

Tetsou88
03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/27/assassins-creed-3-preview/

I have yet to read it, but RPS is one of the better journalism sites.

pacmanate
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Good read!

Mr_Shade
03-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Indeed - good read ;)

SixKeys
03-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Good article. They seem to have a slightly more down-to-earth attitude about the game, perhaps a good thing in the midst of all the current hype.

Loved this bit: "The team wants players to have “magical moments with animals” we’re told as Connor violently guts a live deer on-screen. Righto." :D

DavisP92
03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I can't wait to track my target and some animals. I'm going to spend so many hours just hunting, there probably will be a trophy/achievement for hunting every animal in the game

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 01:17 AM
This article was totally biased and nonsensical. In the beginning, all he was ranting about was how much he hates the modern day storyline and Desmond. He even suggested that mostly everyone hates that storyline, which is far from true because a lot of the true fans DO care about that as well.(Shout out to you Alex!) But yeah, totally biased article.

SixKeys
03-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Even if he hates the Desmond storyline, how does that make the rest of the article biased and nonsensical?

De Filosoof
03-28-2012, 01:44 AM
This article was totally biased and nonsensical. In the beginning, all he was ranting about was how much he hates the modern day storyline and Desmond. He even suggested that mostly everyone hates that storyline, which is far from true because a lot of the true fans DO care about that as well.(Shout out to you Alex!) But yeah, totally biased article.
Indeed. He's pretty much insulting the AC franchise if you ask me.

frogger504
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM
I thought it'd be about some new feature replacing Den Defense called Rock Paper Shotgun haha

Moultonborough
03-28-2012, 04:44 AM
It was detailed more than most others I have read. But, the whole "how long it took" part was unnecessary and useless. I agree with others saying it was biased but, it was still more info than others have given us.

AlphaAltair
03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't think it was biased, perhaps just a little sardonic. To paraphrase sixkeys, it's good to see an essentially positive article that doesn't gush like an ad for the game. Some of you guys are so protective of the franchise lol.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Even if he hates the Desmond storyline, how does that make the rest of the article biased and nonsensical?
Because he expressed that in the article how much he hates it. A good journalist does not express their hate towards something like that in the game. When telling about a new game, you should stick to what will be in it. He pretty much had a whole paragraph dedicated to a rant.

LightRey
03-28-2012, 12:28 PM
It's an indication of bias. If the guy can't keep himself from expressing his opinion on one part, who's to say the rest of the article isn't influenced by his opinion as well? There's nothing wrong with expressing your own opinion of course, but the guy clearly had a well-formed opinion of his own, which he wasn't afraid to express. That endangers the entire thing from becoming biased.

GeneralTrumbo
03-28-2012, 12:33 PM
It's an indication of bias. If the guy can't keep himself from expressing his opinion on one part, who's to say the rest of the article isn't influenced by his opinion as well? There's nothing wrong with expressing your own opinion of course, but the guy clearly had a well-formed opinion of his own, which he wasn't afraid to express. That endangers the entire thing from becoming biased.
Exactly.