PDA

View Full Version : No keyboard&mouse support for PC? WTF Ubi?

Neon-NFO
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Ubi, what the hell are you thinking! I just hope this sentence was taken out of context or was a "language barrier" kind of thing... Can a Ubi representative confirm this or possibly ask the team if this is true?!

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisoft-recommends-a-gamepad-for-ac3-pc-gamers-request-proper-keyboard-and-mouse-control-scheme/#more-21896

A quote from Alex Hutchinson:

ďWeíre definitely supporting PC, we love PC, but I think itíll be PC with a controller. I donít see us investing hugely in a mouse and keyboard setup. I think if you want to play on PC and you want to play Assassinís Creed, you have a controller.Ē
Is this a simple "typo" or are you really considering ALIENATING a large percentage of PC gamers by not including keyboard and mouse support?!

spectatorx
03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Everything is so obvious!!! Do not you see this?!

Our beloved ubisoft is preparing for us, pc gamers a sweet dlc called "cat&mouse" adding support for such a modern and very unique controllers as mouse and keboard! The price is only 50% of price of regular edition of full game.

frigabond
03-27-2012, 08:13 PM
If that statement is a word for word quote then I will simply reply...

I do own and want to play on PC. I do want to play Assassins Creed. I dont own a controller (cannot use them effectively) that's WHY I play on PC.
Keyboard and mouse is the default input for PC just as controller is default for consoles.
Would you even contemplate doing an Assassins game with keyboard control only for PS or XBOX? I didn't think so.

Respectfully I suggest you invest in the default input system for PC rather than require people to spend even more money to play just your game.

ProletariatPleb
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Hey guys, there is already a thread about this here

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664252-Petition-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-Keyboard-amp-Mouse-Support

I've been trying to spread word about this since hours now and I've successfully got a few people(including the DSO article you just saw) to support me.

Sukramo
03-27-2012, 09:14 PM
This is 100% unacceptable. Are the new generation of game develeopers really this stupid?

Anykeyer
03-28-2012, 07:54 AM
I think someone just musunderstood that part about hugely investing in kb+m and status quo. I bet it means that we will not get separate UI for PC with controls designed from scratch. AC3 will use console UI and control scheme, emulating gamepad asstons with kb+m, just like any other AC game on PC. There is a few drawbacks to this. Like having just 4 numeric asstons to weapon binds or removal of separate asston to talk in ACR due to limited number of asstons on consoles' controllers.

Neon-NFO
03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
I contacted guys of RPS and they wrote a nice article about it, and Ubi confirmed that the keyboard and mouse support are IN. Thank God.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/28/assassins-creed-3-dev-says-pc-players-need-controller/

Edit: Yup, Ubisoft confirm that it will of course have mouse/keyboard support, as with previous games in the series. But still wonít tell us a release date for the PC version.

So, if the game comes out and canít be bothered to have implemented a mouse cursor for the menu options, Iím down with kicking off a fuss. Thatís just rude. But if the developers believe their game is designed from the ground up to be played on a controller, that seems entirely fair to me. Would I prefer there to be investment in superb mouse/keyboard controls too? Yes I would. Do I hate it when writers pose questions to themselves to offer balance? Absolutely. And while I realise that many canít afford to just add a 360 PC controller to their arsenal, Iíd say itís becoming an essential piece of equipment for the modern, well-groomed PC gamer.

If youíd prefer to read an angry version of this news story, check out Dark Side Of Gaming, who call it ďhorse****ď. Naturally thereís a petition to sign. And thanks to neon_25 for alerting us.

Don't know why they put an underscore in my nick, but whatever. :lol:

Mr_Shade
03-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Ubisoft confirm that it will of course have mouse/keyboard support, as with previous games in the series.

Hopefully that will put your minds at rest.

Bucur92
03-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Not tryng to defend Ubisoft but they never said that Assassins Creed 3 PC will not have mouse&keyboard support.They only said that it is best with a controller.:)

ShXIII
03-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I didn't realize there was a forum for this already but this is what I posted: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664434-Assassin-s-creed-3-PC-Keyboard-and-Mouse-support?p=8206821#post8206821

Improvizor
03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
It will probably support M&K in the same way previous AC titles did. Every AC game plays better with a controller. I don't care, as long as the game is optimized properly.