PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia in AC3?

iwritethings
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
So after reading this I'm really curious about how Philadelphia will look in the new Assassin's Creed. I'm really excited about the frontier aspect, and since they said that only certain parts of Philly will be included, I wonder how that will work. What do you guys think? Check this out. :o

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/319639/20120326/assassin-s-creed-3-release-date-american.htm

freddie_1897
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
i think this means that philly won't be in the open world game, a bit like masyaf in ACR

rileypoole1234
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
We must see Independence hall at least. That's certainly an important part of Philly. I do get what they mean about it not looking awesome with it being gridded and all. It'll probably be like Spain in ACB, a linear section.

tarrero
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Or Rome on AC2

deskpe
03-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Or Rome on AC2

Yeah

RzaRecta357
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
They have so much to cover just be thankful we'll be able to see it! Excitement!

freddie_1897
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
maybe you have to stop someone from sabotaging the signing of the declaration of independence

DavisP92
03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
i remember reading they took out philadelphia because there wasn't much to do in it

Razrback16
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I was curious if Desmond and crew might travel to Philadelphia at all to tie in with some of the other AC stories (books / comics) with regard to people like Hannah Mueller and have those two meet since they have something so significant in common.

brick177
03-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Philadelphia was left out as a fully explorable city because it had a grid street pattern. They said grid street patterns couldn't be don't with the graphics engine because you can see too far in any single direction and the number of people it would have to render to make those views look alive was too much technologically speaking. We may visit a portion of it, like the square where independence hall is in the same fashion that we went to small locales in the Da Vinci Weapons of War instances.

brick177
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/26/2903278/assassins-creed-3-setting-boston-new-york-philly-ubisoft

Francois Pelland, the senior producer on Assassin's Creed 3, explained why Philly won't have the same treatment as New York and Boston.

"Philly's there," he said. "It's there from a historical point of view. A lot of big things happen there. Declaration of Independence, obviously. That being said, we couldn't make Philadelphia the way we wanted to have it or the way we're making New York and Boston just because of the way it's designed. It's a gridded city. It would have been really hard, technology-wise, to make it look awesome. So we'll get there, but not as an open world."

Speaking more specifically after our interview, he said the issue is both with the gameplay and technology. Free-running across a gridded city is an issue because of the sheer space between the buildings. And, on the technological side, being able to see three miles in each direction when looking down an avenue can cause some problems with the graphical engine, ruining much of the illusion of a bustling city.