PDA

View Full Version : ac3 freedom edition

lothario-da-be
03-26-2012, 04:40 PM
http://xbox360.4gamers.be/screenshots/14581/1/Collectors-Editions-Assassins-Creed-III-onthuld sry its in dutch but its EPIC!!!

freddie_1897
03-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Lightrey-----translate

gp2razor
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
On any collector's editions of Assassin's Creed III, we have yet heard nothing from Ubisoft, but chances are that will soon change. On the website of Game Mania because we just came across a page on which the special editions be revealed. Besides the regular edition, there are apparently three other editions.

Special Edition

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The Special Edition will (subject to availability) are available for the price of the ordinary edition, what Game Mania at 64.98 euros. In this edition you get two extra pieces of content, being the mission "A Dangerous Secret" and an exclusive weapon, the musket pirate, you get to complete the mission.

Freedom Edition

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The Freedom Edition of Assassin's Creed III contains an exclusive pack a figurine of protagonist Connor, as well as a steel book and a notebook "George Washington" that a lot of secrets. You also get an exclusive lithograph in, complemented by additional in-game content. So you can in single player missions to work with "Lost Mayan Ruins" and "Ghost of War", while the multiplayer package gets the Sharpshooter.

Join or Die Edition

The Join or Die Edition appeared earlier on an Italian website and appears likely to really exist. Also here you get another exclusive packaging, complemented by a medallion of the Assassins and the notebook of Washington. Again there is additional content for the party, the Ghost of War mission and the Sharpshooter package.

Prices are not yet known, but if the editions are already on the website of Game Mania stand will probably not be long before Ubisoft with more info coming over the bow.

Edit: Just called here with Game Mania and provisionally known, there are no prizes, all on one bet 99 euros for the Freedom Edition. Tomorrow, prices would be announced.

(Thanks to Google Translate! :D)

LightRey
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice! I'll translate what the pic says:
-Exclusive packaging
-a 24cm (~10 inch) tall figurine of Connor.
-a steelbook with a design from the award winning comic artist Alex Ross
-George Washington's notebook which reveals the truth and all secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American revolution.
-exclusive lithograph
-Lots of extra unlockable content:
Singleplayer mission "Lost Mayan Ruins"
Singleplayer mission "Ghost of war"
Multiplayer package "Sharpshooter"

Subject J80
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Lost Mayan Ruins...........oh man. Sounds so cool!!

GeneralTrumbo
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Nice! I'll translate what the pic says:
-Exclusive packaging
-a 24cm (~10 inch) tall figurine of Connor.
-a steelbook with a design from the award winning comic artist Alex Ross
-George Washington's notebook which reveals the truth and all secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American revolution.
-exclusive lithograph
-Lots of extra unlockable content:
Singleplayer mission "Lost Mayan Ruins"
Singleplayer mission "Ghost of war"
Multiplayer package "Sharpshooter"
I like this "Lost Mayan Ruins" thing...sounds pretty cool and that would fit the 2012 storyline too!

GeneralTrumbo
03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
The photo for it looks like a temple of some sort...

LightRey
03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Btw, the Join or Die edition has some of the things the Freedom edition has (you should be able to figure out which), but instead of the figurine it has the exclusive medallion of the Assassins.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmm... I sort of want the medallion, but I want the statue also..

I hope the NA gets a nice collector's edition.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna' have to sell my RayBan's to get this edition. I'v got to have It.

gp2razor
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I want that statue! :D

kriegerdesgottes
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I hope the freedom edition is available to the U.S. I'll buy that one if it is. It's ridiculous that I am worried it won't be available in NA. I basically just want the statue and the DLC. I already have a steel case and I don't really care about soundtracks and stuff since it'll be on Youtube anyway.

pacmanate
03-26-2012, 04:57 PM
The boxes for these editions look awesome (yes. i liked boxes)

LightRey
03-26-2012, 04:59 PM
The boxes for these editions look awesome (yes. i liked boxes)
We all like boxes.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 05:07 PM
All news on the CE (see websites and the pinned topic by Mr Shade posted a couple minutes ago) says that this is exclusive to Europe, Middle East, etc.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
The information is also available in a pinned thread..

Appears our dutch friends jumped the gun a little ;)

News for North America and other regions - will come from the NA team, so please await their info post's.

De Filosoof
03-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Lost Mayan ruins, that sounds EPIC!

AnthonyA85
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
The Lost Mayan Ruins mission sounds like the Auqaduct mission from ACB (or it could very well be like the Vlad mission), either way, both the SP missions reward with unique weapons, which is nice. :) Personally, i'm not too bothered about the statue, I'd rather have the madalion, but i would like to have both SP missions, MP stuff, not bothered about, could never get into an MP game anyways.

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
**** IT UBISOFT, PLEASE MAKE ONE EDDITION WE CAN BUY AND GET EVERYTHING! I DONT WANT TO LOOSE OUT ON THE MEDALLION JUST BECAUSE I WANT THAT SINGLE PLAYER MISSION.

Sorry about caps.

Seriosly, havent you learned from ACR? Choosing between The Jester and the Doctor was silly.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 06:18 PM
**** IT UBISOFT, PLEASE MAKE ONE EDDITION WE CAN BUY AND GET EVERYTHING! I DONT WANT TO LOOSE OUT ON THE MEDALLION JUST BECAUSE I WANT THAT SINGLE PLAYER MISSION.

Sorry about caps.
Please do not use caps..

swearing is not needed either...

news of the different regions editions is still incoming - so at least wait until you know, before you consider ranting.

MarleyMon81
03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd love to have one of the editions in the U.S. with the statue or medal. However I would just be happy to have a U.S. edition with all the digial extras such as all the SP missions and some or all of the MP perks.

I like the physical stuff, but would be fine just to have all the digital extras early.

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
swearing is not needed either...

I said "d-a-m-n it" Your cencoring system is insane.

news of the different regions editions is still incoming - so at least wait until you know, before you consider ranting.

Its the exact same story as with Revelations. We already see "collectors editions" with different contents. Why does Ubisoft do this to us? It makes no sence. Just make one normal and one BIG edition with EVERYTHING.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Is it for America too?

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Its the exact same story as with Revelations. We already see "collectors editions" with different contents. Why does Ubisoft do this to us? It makes no sence. Just make one normal and one BIG edition with EVERYTHING.
With all titles - there may be regional differences - so you need to wait and see.

LightRey
03-26-2012, 06:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you buy the Freedom Edition all you're missing out on is the medallion.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I think the news of certain editions Is relative to the country announcing It. Wait for news from a NA company to find out more about a NA release.

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
The information is also available in a pinned thread..

Appears our dutch friends jumped the gun a little ;)

News for North America and other regions - will come from the NA team, so please await their info post's.

Ubi you got me so excited for a second. you heartless[swearing removed] :p does North America get the statue as well?

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you buy the Freedom Edition all you're missing out on is the medallion.

Then why make 2 editions in the first place? To piss collectors off?

Revelations had:

Signature EditionCollector's EditionTemplar Collector EditionAnimus Edition
Four completly useless additions that should have been one big collectors edition. Because of this dumb decision making on Ubisofts part, I could not play as the doctor until DLC3.

And history is repeating before our eyes. Already seeing two editions for no reason.

Shame on you Ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Then why make 2 editions in the first place? To piss collectors off?
The different packs will be different prices... so people can get the one they can afford..

if there was only the 79.99 [59.99 on pc]freedom edition - that would annoy more people..

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
The different packs will be different prices... so people can get the one they can afford..

if there was only the 79.99 [59.99 on pc]freedom edition - that would annoy more people..

Exactly, which bring me back to my:
Just make one normal and one BIG edition with EVERYTHING.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Exactly, which bring me back to my:
if they made just one version - many people would not be able to afford it..

reddragonhrcro
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Therefore multiple editions and one complete edition with all the stuff to keep it simple so that everyone gets what they want(ofcourse i would go for the complete edition)

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

I sadi make two, one normal version (Just the game) and one BIG (Multiplayer chars, single player misssions etc)

Now they are making probably 4 big again for no real reason. And the price difference between the big ones isnt really a factor.

There is no logical explaination why they do this. I am a collector. I am willing to pay for it in one edition. Ubisoft refuses me and their chance to make more money.

True_Assassin92
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
It's hard to decide which one to take the freedom or join or die edition, they're both amazing. Does anyone know what the special packaging will look like?

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
It's hard to decide which one to take the freedom or join or die edition, they're both amazing. Does anyone know what the special packaging will look like?

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/index.aspx

True_Assassin92
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you, sir. The special edition ain't that much different...Revelations had a shiny cover as special edition which was cool. Could be the same here, I guess.

UrDeviant1
03-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Thank you, sir. The special edition ain't that much different...Revelations had a shiny cover as special edition which was cool. Could be the same here, I guess.

I think the special edition does come with a steelbook (shiny), It's just not In the pic for some reason. You can see It In the 'Freedom' or 'Join or Die' Edition.

pacmanate
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Lesson 1: Don't FOOP WITH MR SHADE

I got your back!

BTW, I don't see how that guy doesn't understand why there are 2 different editions. If only he knew what money was.

deskpe
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Only reason i'd want this is for the DLC content...

RzaRecta357
03-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Hopefully EB games gets this!

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
BTW, I don't see how that guy doesn't understand why there are 2 different editions. If only he knew what money was.

Both Join or Die and Freedom edition will go for almost the exact same price. The could just have made one "Collectors edition", put the coin in there with the other stuff and viola!

This isnt "Oh you dont have that much money? Then buy Join or Die instead of Freedom"

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
I would like both the coin and the statue also..

would it be possible to buy the coin from UbiWorkshop?

D.I.D.
03-26-2012, 08:21 PM

Looks as though the two boxes contain different single-player DLC.

Fair enough if people actually want the various trinkets, but as far as the game goes it's still best to buy the normal game from whoever's doing it cheapest, and then pick up the DLC in one go in Dec/Jan.

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I would like both the coin and the statue also..

Me too, but Ubisfot wont let us due to this silly editions idea.

Unless someone can come up with why its a good idea to have 4 VERY simmilar versions?

Lonesoldier2012
03-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Me too, but Ubisfot wont let us due to this silly editions idea.

Unless someone can come up with why its a good idea to have 4 VERY simmilar versions?

Every post of complaining won't help anything. it'll just get you banned.

Sukramo
03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Every post of complaining won't help anything. it'll just get you banned.

Why would I get banned? I have posted with logic and reason on a valid issue. Ubisoft is creating lots of editions with no real motivation. I am wondering why.

LightRey
03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Looks as though the two boxes contain different single-player DLC.

Fair enough if people actually want the various trinkets, but as far as the game goes it's still best to buy the normal game from whoever's doing it cheapest, and then pick up the DLC in one go in Dec/Jan.
I think you should look again, cuz the only difference in DLC is that the Freedom Edition has more.

pacmanate
03-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Both Join or Die and Freedom edition will go for almost the exact same price. The could just have made one "Collectors edition", put the coin in there with the other stuff and viola!

This isnt "Oh you dont have that much money? Then buy Join or Die instead of Freedom"

Well don't buy it then I don't really care

D.I.D.
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I think you should look again, cuz the only difference in DLC is that the Freedom Edition has more.

Yeah you're right, I was mixing up the special edition (third box) which has SP that none of the others get. So I'll pass on all of them. I'll never understand Ubisoft's approach to marketing. They do publicity so well, but then make terrible decisions about special editions and DRM.

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Lost Mayan Ruins? If this is real........

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
it is.. it's on an official topic pinned on this forum.