PDA

View Full Version : Audigy compatible motherboard

Lunahod
09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi there,

I am about to upgrade my system with new Athlon 64 motherboard and processor. I wish to keep my Audigy sound card, but this tricky piece of hardware is famous to be incompatible with almost all chipsets. While most complaints come from people having Via chipset, also nForce series seems to be a bad choice. Anyone having an Audigy card and Sis chipset? Or does the Via800 chipset has the problem solved? Is there anyone at all, who has the Audigy and is not encountering any problems?

One could also consider having some other sound card, but to my knowledge, the Audigy is still superior card, when it comes to EAX sounds and 3D sound rendering.

Lunahod
09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi there,

I am about to upgrade my system with new Athlon 64 motherboard and processor. I wish to keep my Audigy sound card, but this tricky piece of hardware is famous to be incompatible with almost all chipsets. While most complaints come from people having Via chipset, also nForce series seems to be a bad choice. Anyone having an Audigy card and Sis chipset? Or does the Via800 chipset has the problem solved? Is there anyone at all, who has the Audigy and is not encountering any problems?

One could also consider having some other sound card, but to my knowledge, the Audigy is still superior card, when it comes to EAX sounds and 3D sound rendering.

Weather_Man
09-17-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm not aware of any boards it doesn't work on. You should be fine.

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/smalltemptr/language/www/US/TX/Dallas.gif

Lunahod
09-17-2004, 03:51 AM
Well, I guess it is a matter of how you define the term "working". The problem is not that it would not function at all. But I have read numerous posts about people having corrupted sound, or stability issues with Audigy cards. It is a common knowledge that Via and Audigy dislike each other, but now it seems that other chipsets are having problems too (at least nForce 3).

Capt.LoneRanger
09-17-2004, 04:16 AM
I have a SB audigy2, now, before I had a SB Audigy1 and I rarely had any problems at all. It's just a question of how to install drivers correctly, cause the Audigy cards NEED their EAX-drivers, or the sound is really bugged.

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/Arcadiac/LRSig.jpg

Lunahod
09-17-2004, 05:09 AM
And what is your system then?