PDA

View Full Version : PAX: AC3 question...

LeTrueAbstergo
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey guys. As you can most likely tell, this is my first post on these boards(woohoo!), although i've been following threads and posts on here for a while. But anyway, straight to the point: I'm considering going to PAX for the first time, specifically to see AC3 in action. My question is, do you think it'll be worth it? I mean, i'm sure the gameplay will be leaked/released all over the web soon enough, so is it going to be THAT special? Or should i just wait a bit longer until gaming sites put the vids up? I'm just trying to avoid an unecessary trip out to Boston. Also, before anyone says it, yes i know about the embargo being lifted on monday. But i'm not expecting much gameplay to be shown.. Any thoughts/comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
If you want to, go for it! I would if I lived closer to there! If theory is correct, they will be showing gameplay!

pacmanate
03-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I'd say go for it, purely because of the atmosphere of being around gamers.

By the way nice grammar!

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think going to PAX for just one game is worth the hassle. You're going to have to be prepared for long lines and lots of noise at the booth. If you're willing to do all that just so you can say you were among the first to see the new footage, by all means go ahead. But I would at least consider whether there are other cool games you've been wanting to check out there instead of booking the trip just for this one thing.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think going to PAX for just one game is worth the hassle. You're going to have to be prepared for long lines and lots of noise at the booth. If you're willing to do all that just so you can say you were among the first to see the new footage, by all means go ahead. But I would at least consider whether there are other cool games you've been wanting to check out there instead of booking the trip just for this one thing.
Well, you should also consider the fact that PAX is held at one of the places the game takes place in.

LeTrueAbstergo
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Okay! Thanks guys. Yeah i live in upstate NY, so it's not TOO far at all, but still a hassle with gas prices and hotels and whatnot. I'm leaning towards going... Too bad they won't have a playable demo -_- God, i'd be in heaven lol. And haha thanks, yeah i can't stand ppl who tlkz leik dis, it rly anoyin. xD None of that from me(unless it's sarcasm obviously).

LeTrueAbstergo
03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
I've taken this into account, which is why i'm on the fence about going. I'm only interested with AC at the moment, so yeah that's pretty much all I'd be going for.

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Well, you should also consider the fact that PAX is held at one of the places the game takes place in.

So? It's not like modern day Boston is going to look much like Boston in the game.

EscoBlades
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
3 day passes for PAX sold out ages ago. There are still single day passes for Friday and Sunday available. Just so you know.

I'm looking forward to PAX, will be my first time.

deskpe
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd say its not worth the trip and cost jsut for that one thing.

pacmanate
03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
3 day passes for PAX sold out ages ago. There are still single day passes for Friday and Sunday available. Just so you know.

Theres another reason, go meet esco

Moultonborough
03-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Are you working PAX or just going as a fan?

EscoBlades
03-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Are you working PAX or just going as a fan?

A bit of both really :D

Moultonborough
03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
A bit of both really :D

That's cool. I'll be heading down on Friday. Should be cool to see what Ubisoft will show there. Can't wait.