PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassins Creed III ever top ACII & Brotherhood in Music?

ToniTorsi
03-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Ezio's Family is still one of the absolute best pieces of music ever crafted by man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c

I will never forget the moments and memories I hold of Assassins Creed II. THE MUSIC MADE the Assassins Creed series the behemoth it is today.

Its almost unrivaled.

And Venice Rooftops!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y

A Masterpiece.

These will be extremely hard to beat. We will probably never feel that "magic" Assassins Creed 2 brought us again.
I was 18 in 2009. I am 21 now. And everytime I think of the moments I shared in 2009 ....(one of my greatest year I've ever had)....playing Assassins Creed 2 in December was one of the best. :(

But I have hope and faith in Montreal.

Will these ever be surpassed? What do guys think? What do y'all expect to get from ACIII in music?

kriegerdesgottes
03-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Those are my two of my favorites as well along with Earth and I am concerned about the music being able to top the last couple games but I guess we will have to wait and see.

deskpe
03-24-2012, 10:12 PM
The music isnt really used well in the games, outside of the credits really..

I think the AC3 music will be atleast equaly good.

They might even remix some of the old songs to fit new setting while keeping it familiar something recembeling a "theme song"

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
ACB and ACR had fantastic soundtracks as well, so no, I'm not concerned. I hope the AC3 soundtrack delivers a mix of bustling city and native American atmosphere.

gamertam
03-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Oh that's remind me about Ezio's Destiny trailer. Had Ubisoft found out what's the soundtrack in Ezio's Destiny and maybe will includes in ACIII's official soundtrack now?
here's the youtube video:

Ezio's Destiny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-OKx4GB5Y)

shame, itunes doesn't have it. It seem just about everyone were looking for it back when the trailer was launched.

JumpInTheFire13
03-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Dream of Venice. It will never be topped.

frogger504
03-25-2012, 07:14 AM
The trailer music already topped it for me. I love that style of music and have no doubt that it will be the best.

freddie_1897
03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
i loved the revelations music more tbh

tarrero
03-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Why not????

If Ubisoft was "saving the best" since AC2 for AC3, why cant jesper kyd?

oliacr
03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
AC3 will!

crash3
03-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I hope the music changes not just from place to place, but also from season to season to match the new features, chilling dark music in winter, calm music in summer, native american music on the frontier etc im sure the composers will do an amazing job! the music i think is a massive part of the overall experience

De Filosoof
03-25-2012, 05:07 PM
I hope the music changes not just from place to place, but also from season to season to match the new features, chilling dark music in winter, calm music in summer, native american music on the frontier etc im sure the composers will do an amazing job! the music i think is a massive part of the overall experience

Yeah that would be amazing!
And if someone could fix it in an AC game it's Jesper Kyd.:)

InfectedNation
03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Ezio's family is a really overrated track? The AC2 venice songs were the most powerful in the game, but my all time favourite has to be Access the Animus (Escape music from AC1)

Razrback16
03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Good idea for a thread -- AC2 & ACB had awesome soundttracks and you're right the music creates emotional attachment to the situations and characters you're living through. Love "Ezio's Family" theme, as well as "Venice Rooftops", "Echoes of the Roman Ruins" (one of my all-time favorites), along with "Master Assassin".

Veritas_RS3
03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
AC3 will have an awesome soundtrack this could possibly be one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplNig7ACAI&feature=BFa&list=UUAPVw_71Y_fX6C_TFKlVhQw&lf=plcp

SixKeys
03-26-2012, 12:33 AM
No. Hans Zimmer is already involved with every major movie and even starting to invade games' territory. AC should have its own unique musical feel.

Limed_-
03-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Has everyone forgotten how amazing the AC1 music was? Really?

De Filosoof
03-26-2012, 01:22 AM
It'd be great if Hans Zimmer who wrote this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHAvjaHtlMA
would make music for Assassin's Creed. Don't get me wrong though, I love the music made by Jesper Kyd, this is just a speculation ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

DavisP92
03-26-2012, 01:37 AM
The music isnt really used well in the games, outside of the credits really..

I think the AC3 music will be atleast equaly good.

They might even remix some of the old songs to fit new setting while keeping it familiar something recembeling a "theme song"

idk what your talking about, Ezio's family was used perfectly in AC2 when Ezio talked to his brother on the top of that tower.

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 01:57 AM
idk what your talking about, Ezio's family was used perfectly in AC2 when Ezio talked to his brother on the top of that tower.
Exactly. That's what made the game so magical, or at least what kicked it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7G0Qtw-TE

LightRey
03-26-2012, 02:02 AM

Man, that takes me back.

brick177
03-26-2012, 02:12 AM
The music will certainly be inspired by Native American instruments and music. The story is going to be more epic just because we start with Connor when he's a boy, grow up with him, watch his village burned and his friends and family killed, through two wars, and a landscape that is being transformed from a natural environment to settlements and towns. There will be no shortage of emotional attachment for music to play off of.

I imagine the pan flute and toms to play a part in the music like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_xmj4mkgs&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PL0815120C165867F9

DavisP92
03-26-2012, 02:20 AM

yea another reason why it was so great is because what was said by Ezio's brother, said "it is a good life we live brother... and may it never change us" but we all knew that things were going to change

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Did Ezio's brother know about the Assassins before he died though?

DavisP92
03-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Did Ezio's brother know about the Assassins before he died though?

idk, i remember hearing hints that he did. but i don't think he did. i mean if he did know then wouldn't have have been trained as well, and if he was trained i highly doubt a handful of guards would take two trained assassins. but idk, i would like to know myself

SixKeys
03-26-2012, 03:34 AM
yea another reason why it was so great is because what was said by Ezio's brother, said "it is a good life we live brother... and may it never change us" but we all knew that things were going to change

Personally, I always thought that was one of the cheesiest lines in the entire series. Never cared for it. The music is awesome, though.

Legendz54
03-26-2012, 03:41 AM
The music will certainly be inspired by Native American instruments and music. The story is going to be more epic just because we start with Connor when he's a boy, grow up with him, watch his village burned and his friends and family killed, through two wars, and a landscape that is being transformed from a natural environment to settlements and towns. There will be no shortage of emotional attachment for music to play off of.

I imagine the pan flute and toms to play a part in the music like this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_xmj4mkgs&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PL0815120C165867F9

Very nice i can see that music in the game, something similar to that started of at the beginning of the AC3 trailer when we saw the eagle flying.
http://youtu.be/BVUMPrv8oRw

0:06

frogger504
03-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Man, that takes me back.

I just played that part for the first time in years! :D

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Man, that takes me back.
Same here man I almost feel like crying when I watch it lol

pirate1802
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Has everyone forgotten how amazing the AC1 music was? Really?

Nope. We remembers!

Jamison_J_B
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I hope ACIII will top the music scores. I personally love the music of ACI the most.

http://youtu.be/0hr5Z7F2RK8

SaintPerkele
03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
No doubt, Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family were the best tracks in ACII (also the chase theme, I forgot what it's called - or is that one the same as Venice Rooftoops? Can't really remember).
But so far, all AC games had great music. To be fair, both AC and ACII had the best ones, but each game had its own unique, amazing track. The main city theme song from Brotherhood gave me shivers every time I played the first memory of the Rome pack in Project Legacy (when I finally got my copy of Brotherhood, I was kinda used to it already though, sadly). And Revelations main track - fantastic.

As for ACIII, I have hopes. The final track played in the released trailer, you know, when Washington is giving his speech, already sounds veeery promising.

Considering other composers: I agree with the people who are against Hans Zimmer. If anybody could match Jesper Kyd (in terms of gameplay music, Zimmer is great for movie music), it's Garry Schyman, the composer of the songs in Bioshock. Some of them are easily as good as the AC ones. And now just imagine these two masterminds combined..

Jamison_J_B
03-26-2012, 01:09 PM
No doubt, Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family were the best tracks in ACII (also the chase theme, I forgot what it's called - or is that one the same as Venice Rooftoops? Can't really remember).
But so far, all AC games had great music. To be fair, both AC and ACII had the best ones, but each game had its own unique, amazing track. The main city theme song from Brotherhood gave me shivers every time I played the first memory of the Rome pack in Project Legacy (when I finally got my copy of Brotherhood, I was kinda used to it already though, sadly). And Revelations main track - fantastic.

As for ACIII, I have hopes. The final track played in the released trailer, you know, when Washington is giving his speech, already sounds veeery promising.

Considering other composers: I agree with the people who are against Hans Zimmer. If anybody could match Jesper Kyd (in terms of gameplay music, Zimmer is great for movie music), it's Garry Schyman, the composer of the songs in Bioshock. Some of them are easily as good as the AC ones. And now just imagine these two masterminds combined..

Is Jesper Kyd not doing the score? if so, that sucks.

SaintPerkele
03-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, he is, don't worry. Some people were just proposing Hans Zimmer as a second composer and I was replying to them ;)

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
I dunno, I don't find the AC1 music very memorable. I think that the AC2 trilogy is where the music really took off.

Jamison_J_B
03-26-2012, 01:45 PM
I dunno, I don't find the AC1 music very memorable. I think that the AC2 trilogy is where the music really took off.

It's all a matter of personal taste and personality as well. I'm a person that really likes medieval, dark age gothic enviroments.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Oh, I liked the settings of AC1 just fine, and some of the views were breath-taking. I just couldn't connect well with the music. I think it may be because the music wasn't as loud. That's why in my replay of AC1 I have the music on 9 and all of the other sound things on 6 or 7.

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Listening to that AC1 track, I swear that it's the same track that we hear in some of the lairs of Romulus in ACB.

Are you sure that it's an AC1 track?

Jamison_J_B
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
it is AC1. it is reused in "the sixth day" and in the altair memory in in ACII (I think)

Jexx21
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Hm.. well that track IS memorable. :P

I don't remember it from AC1 however. Of course, I just finished Sequence 2 in AC1 and haven't gone to either Jerusalem or Acre.