PDA

View Full Version : Wii-U ?

Assassin_M
03-24-2012, 09:14 PM
So, I read this article the other day about The Wii-U version of Assassins Creed III and I saw something disturbing..
"The superior processing quality of the Wii-U over the PS3 and 360" ??!!
If someone asks for a link, I`ll provide it..
but this has me worried over the Visual quality of the PS3 and 360 being inferior to the Wii`s

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:17 PM
When it says "processing quality", does that only mean graphics-wise or does it also mean game-content wise??? O.O D=

Assassin_M
03-24-2012, 09:18 PM
When it says "processing quality", does that only mean graphics-wise or does it also mean game-content wise??? O.O D=
Both Im afraid..

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Both Im afraid..
Oh no...I need some confirmation from Ubisoft devs NOW!

R_0987
03-24-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't think that the WII-U version will released alongside the other versions me thinks it will be delayed for a couple of months.
And as for graphics i dont think they will be a huge step up from the other two consoles more in line with pc version maybe.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't think that the WII-U version will released alongside the other versions me thinks it will be delayed for a couple of months.
And as for graphics i dont think they will be a huge step up from the other two consoles more in line with pc version maybe.
That isn't what worries me! The graphics don't mean as much as the gameplay and story and all that! THAT is what I am worried about!

smengler
03-24-2012, 09:38 PM

During one of the interviews posted on the forum here (I forget which one), the guy being interviewed said that AC3 is coming out in October for PS3, XBox, PC, and Wii-U. I know it's not official confirmation, but is sounds as if they're aiming to have it out at the same time,

R_0987
03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
That isn't what worries me! The graphics don't mean as much as the gameplay and story and all that! THAT is what I am worried about!

Well they cant call it AC3 if they the change gameplay and story now can they. You are probably worried that the Wii-U version might get something extra that the other versions wont get am i correct?

During one of the interviews posted on the forum here (I forget which one), the guy being interviewed said that AC3 is coming out in October for PS3, XBox, PC, and Wii-U. I know it's not official confirmation, but is sounds as if they're aiming to have it out at the same time,

Seeing as how the WII-u doesn't even have an official release date (and it will probably be released around mid or late November) i highly doubt that version would release in October.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Well they cant call it AC3 if they the change gameplay and story now can they. You are probably worried that the Wii-U version might get something extra that the other versions wont get am i correct?
Yes. I am afraid that we won't be getting the full experience, as they would.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Uh... The Wii U is a new console, and due to the Wii's reception, they realized that more people care about graphics and processing power, and of course easy accessibility to a community.

Thus they seriously amped up the hardware, they brought back a standard controller set up, but also giving the controller a touch screen. They also got rid of 'wii numbers' as a way to connect with friends.

And if the rumors are true, the Wii U actually has better hardware than the next X-Box. Lol.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Yes. I am afraid that we won't be getting the full experience, as they would.

Their just getting better graphics.

If you consider graphics part of the full experience, get the PC version.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Uh... The Wii U is a new console, and due to the Wii's reception, they realized that more people care about graphics and processing power, and of course easy accessibility to a community.

Thus they seriously amped up the hardware, they brought back a standard controller set up, but also giving the controller a touch screen. They also got rid of 'wii numbers' as a way to connect with friends.

And if the rumors are true, the Wii U actually has better hardware than the next X-Box. Lol.
I'm not dissing it or nothing...I am just saying I want the same kind of experience on my Xbox I have right now. I don't want us to not get the same kind of experience.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Why is it surprising? The Wii-U is next gen Hardware, it isn't going to be inferior then it's previous generation.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Their just getting better graphics.

If you consider graphics part of the full experience, get the PC version.
Graphics aren't my biggest worry, so I am pretty happy. =) I'm pretty confident they'll at least look as good, if not better than Revelations.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Why is it surprising? The Wii-U is next gen Hardware, it isn't going to be inferior then it's previous generation.
I'm not worried about how the graphics might look, just the content.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Well.. frankly. That's probably impossible.

Oh, the only extra content the Wii U may get is something to do with the touchscreen on the Wii U's controller.

And that's just a gimmick, like the Kinect.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Well.. frankly. That's probably impossible.
What is impossible?

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:49 PM
That the Xbox will have best graphics for the game.

Anyway, I get what you mean about content now. Don't worry about that, normally game ports to the Wii actually have less content or sub-par content. The Wii U version probably won't have any extra content that you don't have on the other consoles.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm not worried about how the graphics might look, just the content.

They may get something more, if you want the Wii-U experience then get it.

Like the Kinect Exclusives, no biggie. For the full experience you will likely need both a 360, a Wii-U, Kinect, 3DHDTV and probably a PC with that new PC controller.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
That the Xbox will have best graphics for the game.

Anyway, I get what you mean about content now. Don't worry about that, normally game ports to the Wii actually have less content or sub-par content. The Wii U version probably won't have any extra content that you don't have on the other consoles.
Lol, I don't mean that it will have the best graphics. I am saying I am confident it will still look as good as Revelations did, at the least or a bit better.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:51 PM
They may get something more, if you want the Wii-U experience then get it.

Like the Kinect Exclusives, no biggie. For the full experience you will likely need both a 360, a Wii-U, Kinect, 3DHDTV and probably a PC with that new PC controller.
Well, I know they will probably get access to the menu and stuff through the touchscreen, I am just hoping that they don't disregard us Xbox and PS3 gamers.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:52 PM
As a side-note, Arkham City will be coming out for the Wii U also. Even though I already have Arkham City, I'll probably pick up a Wii-U copy just to see if it has any extra content.

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Well, I know they will probably get access to the menu and stuff through the touchscreen, I am just hoping that they don't disregard us Xbox and PS3 gamers.

.. what about the PC players?

Oh wait, just remembered. You told a PC gamer to stop playing his 'outdated' system.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Oh wait, just remembered. You told a PC gamer to stop playing his 'outdated' system.
When did I tell a PC gamer this? Do you have a link to the thread? And I didn't mention PC players because I already know their machines can handle it, so it wasn't worth mentioning that they might get disregarded.

LightRey
03-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Please don't provoke him into starting a console (or platform) war.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't ever remember saying this in the first place... >.> And I wasn't meaning anything bad towards the PC gamers by my posts anyway...

Jexx21
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
sorry, maybe that was someone else.

I'm just too used to people like that >.<

And I thought that you were still talking about actual game content.

frogger504
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM

They won't disregard people that play other consoles, but that console will likely get more because of the hardware. It's like saying they disregarded all the people that didn't have Kinect, they didn't, but whoever does have one gets a better experience. It's a reason said hardware exists, different experience.

Will_Lucky
03-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, the Wii U destroys the PS3 and the 360.

Its CPU will be more in line with a modern CPU from this decade.
In terms of RAM it looks likely to be 1GB, twice the amount of the 360, and four times the PS3.
And the GPU will be a customised AMD 4xxx part. For reference the 360 used a modified 800x part and the PS3 a Nvidia equivilent. So around four years better, and its one massive jump over both. This thing should be capable of native 1080p, not the upscaling the 360/PS3 employs.

However we will see, its obvious the PS3/360 are the main consoles for this, we know they have been working on Assassins Creed 3 for the Wii U since E3 2011. But Assassins Creed 3 will be a first generation offering on the Wii U, it won't take full advantage of it but it won't look bad either it depends on how much effort Ubi put into this and hopefully its good.

AnthonyA85
03-24-2012, 10:59 PM
If you're worried about content and things like that, don't be. The difference between all the different versions of the past AC games have all mainly been graphics, and those differences were pretty negligible, if you mean actual gameplay content, then i'm expecting Sony to beg ubisoft for another PS3 exclusive, which would mean extra side missions that add absolutely nothing to the game, and will not be missed by the other platform users.

I don't see the Wii U version taking full advantage of everything the Wii U has to offer, since it's a brand new system (though I admit i haven't really read up on the Wii U) And as will lucky said (if his description of the Wii's specs is accurate), the Wii U will be more inline with the PC, and that will only mean improved graphics, which, overall, do not effect the game's content, or how it plays.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2012, 11:13 PM
wii-U is gonna be awesome :D

frogger504
03-25-2012, 12:02 AM
If you're worried about content and things like that, don't be. The difference between all the different versions of the past AC games have all mainly been graphics, and those differences were pretty negligible, if you mean actual gameplay content, then i'm expecting Sony to beg ubisoft for another PS3 exclusive, which would mean extra side missions that add absolutely nothing to the game, and will not be missed by the other platform users.

I don't see the Wii U version taking full advantage of everything the Wii U has to offer, since it's a brand new system (though I admit i haven't really read up on the Wii U) And as will lucky said (if his description of the Wii's specs is accurate), the Wii U will be more inline with the PC, and that will only mean improved graphics, which, overall, do not effect the game's content, or how it plays.

Iit may not take full advantage but you can expect it to use it's features. I would imagine WiiU players would have a different experience, like Kinect Players did with Skyrim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KiZ6Cd1j8U

Look at this :D

LightRey
03-25-2012, 12:22 AM
wii-U is gonna be awesome :D
That's what they said about the DS and its successors, the Gamecube and the Wii. I've long lost my faith in Nintendo.

frogger504
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
That's what they said about the DS and its successors, the Gamecube and the Wii. I've long lost my faith in Nintendo.

Watch the video :D

LightRey
03-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Watch the video :D
I don't care about the graphics. They haven't produced any original games in years and all the rest has been cross-platform. All they keep focusing on are irrelevant things like motion control and touch screens.

AdamXEve
03-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Only slightly, but yes, I will imagine the Wii U (expect that name to change come E3) version of the game to be better. Probably closer to PC quality, but not quite. I wouldn't worry too much however. I certainly wouldn't suggest going out to buy the Wii U, or whatever it's called; just to get this game with slightly better graphics. Hell, if you do wanna do that, just collect a couple hundred more dollars and build a good PC.

Jexx21
03-25-2012, 02:39 AM
As far as I can tell, the Gamecube and the DS have been a commercial success among actual gamers.

The Wii and the 3DS are the only ones that have dissapointed recently.

AdamXEve
03-25-2012, 02:47 AM
The Wii was like the best selling game console of all time though, it just wasn't successful with actual gamers, right? It was highly successful with people who never played games before, which is pretty ironic.

LightRey
03-25-2012, 11:16 AM
As far as I can tell, the Gamecube and the DS have been a commercial success among actual gamers.

The Wii and the 3DS are the only ones that have dissapointed recently.
I can't say they were disappointing to the general public, no, but they were disappointing to me. Those 2 marked the beginning of what in my eyes was the end of Nintendo. I can honestly say I haven't truly enjoyed a Pokémon game since Emerald and I used to be a hardcore Pokémon fan.

Only slightly, but yes, I will imagine the Wii U (expect that name to change come E3) version of the game to be better. Probably closer to PC quality, but not quite. I wouldn't worry too much however. I certainly wouldn't suggest going out to buy the Wii U, or whatever it's called; just to get this game with slightly better graphics. Hell, if you do wanna do that, just collect a couple hundred more dollars and build a good PC.
I'm just getting the Xbox 720 or whatever it's gonna be called when it's released.

playassassins1
03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Iit may not take full advantage but you can expect it to use it's features. I would imagine WiiU players would have a different experience, like Kinect Players did with Skyrim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KiZ6Cd1j8U

Look at this :D

I was always against The Wii, but i have to say this looks so beautiful! If the graphics of that video will be similar to AC III, i will think about buying the Wii U

roostersrule2
03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
If what I say is right all this might be doing is confirming DLC as the WII U version will have better graphics but the same gameplay so the only way it could be superior is if they preload dlc on it.