PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and least favorite tomb/lair?

SixKeys
03-24-2012, 08:14 PM
What are your favorite assassin tombs/lairs for each game? Which ones did you hate?

Mine:

AC2:
Favorite: Basilica di San Marco and Ravaldino's Secret. San Marco is an awesome location and Ravaldino's guards a real challenge if you want to take them out without being detected.
Least favorite: Visitazione's Secret. I can't stand the camera angles.

ACB:

Favorite: The Catacombes. Brilliant atmosphere. I'm not claustrophobic in RL but every time I play through this level, towards the end as the tunnels get narrower, my urge to get out into the sunlight again keeps getting stronger.
Least Favorite: Leader of the Pack or A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. The first because it's just about chasing one guy while trying not to lose health. The second one would be great if not for the freaking camera angles again (PC player here). The Aqueducts templar lair was annoying for the same reasons.

ACR:

Favorite: Yerebatan Cistern. I like how you can approach the mission from several different angles.
Least favorite: Vlad the Impaler's prison. Just boring. No challenge and easy to finish in 5 mins. Didn't have the atmosphere I was hoping for.

tarrero
03-24-2012, 08:26 PM
AC2

Favorite: Saint Marco!!!!
Least Favorite: Torre Grossa

ACB

Favortite: The catacombs.
Least favorite: Leader of the Pack/Cloaca maxima, it sucked in fact!!!!!

ACR

Favorite: All of them besides....
Least Vlad Impalerīs Prison.

GeneralTrumbo
03-24-2012, 08:34 PM
I loved the Forum of the Ox in Revelations! That was my favorite tomb! It was awesome! The visuals in it were the best I have ever seen in a videogame, no lie.

AnthonyA85
03-25-2012, 04:04 AM
AC2

Favourate:

The first and second ones (where you just have to climb to the top), liked the first one for the chase bit (even though I usually HATE those with a passion, that fact that he stopped whenever he got too far ahead was a good thing)

Most hated:

no contest: Visitazione's Secret. I HATED the camera angles, and the TIMER, I actually had to ask a friend to complete that one for me, thank god i'll never have to do it again (online saves are a godsend)

ACB

Fav: The Sixth Day

Most Hated: Nero's Palace and Wolf in sheep's clothing, hated the first because it's just too long to get full synch, and the last one, because of the **** camera angles, and the fact i have to keep up with the bishop dude.

ACR:

Fav: Cistern, and Forum of the Ox, I loved killing the guards with poison bombs in the Cistern :D, and I just loved the music in the Forum level.

Most hated: I'd have to go Vlad's prison also.

frogger504
03-25-2012, 05:11 AM
I loved the Forum of the Ox in Revelations! That was my favorite tomb! It was awesome! The visuals in it were the best I have ever seen in a videogame, no lie.

This A Million Times.

JumpInTheFire13
03-25-2012, 05:31 AM
I can't remember enough to match the names up with the tombs. Guess I'll have to replay them all.

pirate1802
03-25-2012, 05:41 AM

I second this a bazillion times. The music, the atmosphere, the adrenaline rush..

freddie_1897
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
i loved the hagia sofia in ACR, it looked awesome, and i got some real sense of deja vu because I've been there, hell the whole city gave me deja vu, especially the grand Bazaar, thats barely changed

oliacr
03-25-2012, 03:50 PM
AC 2: Visitazione's Secret
ACB: The first Romulus Lair
ACR : Haga Sophia

D.I.D.
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Favourite: probably the Palazzo Laterano (Pope's abandoned residence). The atmosphere is perfect, and there were a few points in the navigation which offered surprises, and it forced you to think in unusual ways about use of the structure.

Most hated: Forum of the Ox, for not letting me play it and being terrible cinematic garbage - holding forwards + jump is not gameplay. Tivoli Aqueduct DLC, for being almost playable due to illogical camera nonsense.

GeneralTrumbo
03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Favourite: probably the Palazzo Laterano (Pope's abandoned residence). The atmosphere is perfect, and there were a few points in the navigation which offered surprises, and it forced you to think in unusual ways about use of the structure.

Most hated: Forum of the Ox, for not letting me play it and being terrible cinematic garbage - holding forwards + jump is not gameplay. Tivoli Aqueduct DLC, for being almost playable due to illogical camera nonsense.
Terrible cinematic garbage? It was the most beautiful part of the game. You should of knew there would have been a lot of cinematic things before even getting the game.

D.I.D.
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Terrible cinematic garbage? It was the most beautiful part of the game. You should of knew there would have been a lot of cinematic things before even getting the game.

I had no idea I would be robbed of gameplay to the extent I was in ACR. It was weird how many things involved virtually no input - too many of the tombs, and the hidden books thing was just unbelievable.

I don't mind things being pretty at all (I happily bought and enjoyed Dear Esther, for example) but I find it hard to get excited about something which pretends to be loaded with explosive drama yet actually isn't.

Moultonborough
03-25-2012, 08:35 PM
AC II Favorite: Last one in Venice(with the octopus).
AC II Least: San Gimignano.

AC: B Favorite: Halls of Nero
AC:B Least: Vatican District

AC:R Favorite: Forum of the Ox
AC:R Least: Hagia Sophia(stupid backjump at top,most hated out of all)

SixKeys
03-26-2012, 12:53 AM
I don't think Forum of the Ox was garbage by any means, visually speaking, but it was boring gameplay-wise. Developers keeps trying to make games more like movies for some reason: just sit back, watch and do nothing. There is a reason games and movies are two separate mediums.

JumpInTheFire13
03-26-2012, 05:31 AM
I loved the Palazzo Laterano in Brotherhood, I think it was called The Sixth Day. It seemed so... surreal?

pirate1802
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM

I can understand where this is coming from, I personally think the mission was very very easy. My brother never played an AC game in his life and he passed the mission in one go. But I do believe a videogame should be quantified by how much joy you derive of it, not by how difficult it is or how many gameplay moments are there in it. That is why this mission wins, for me at least.

And that is why the whole AC franchise, despite being ridiculously easy, still remains one of the best I've played.

Jamison_J_B
03-26-2012, 03:52 PM
AC2:
Least Favorite: Santa Maria della Visitazion - toward the end when you have to get the four switches...that just sucked. Half the time, I wonder if the game can't process as fast as fast as my usage of my gamepad.